Yes??.....Please!!!!, Maybe??

His talent sets the epic feeling for all titles he has worked on...

But I know .... its probably way out of budget for the PE project... that's if he was even available

Ohhh well, a half crazed barbarian can dream anyway....cant he 8)

• Like 1

like his work, but I'm getting a good vibe from Justin Bell, most of what he's said gives me confidence that he is the right guy for the job.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Pretty sure it's Justin Bell. He's done a bunch of good work already and I trust him. He reads the forums and has definitely been responding to posters. I think that he'll do a fine job.

• Like 2

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Pretty sure it's Justin Bell. He's done a bunch of good work already and I trust him. He reads the forums and has definitely been responding to posters. I think that he'll do a fine job.

Agreed... Bell is pretty damn talented.

• Like 2

Morrowind is still probably the best soundtrack I have ever heard, but after that Soule has not made anything particularly memorable or new. TES series basically repeats same themes from Morrowind with more epic arrangements and in other fantasy games he still uses same formula as can be heard in Guild Wars 2's 'Fear Not This Night'. You can almost hum Morrowind theme over it.

He's great composer and there is nothing wrong in having distinctive characteristics in your music, but he has composed for so many fantasy games already it would be nice to see something new. And I'm already hoping for more folk music oriented soundtrack like in The Witcher. We have seen enough epicnes already.

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

His talent sets the epic feeling for all titles he has worked on...

"Epic" wouldn't describe Soule's work at all. Soule aims more for relaxing tunes. To relax and relieve stress from a long period of time playing the game.

Many games fail on doing too bombastic themes. Baldurs gate is actually a good example. the epic music in the background while I was rolling a character. The music was telling me "You are locked in an EPIC struggle of the ages!" while the screen was telling me numbers and stats. I liked the work Soule did for guild-wars, particularly eye of the storm.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

There's a thing in anime where sometimes a work gets associated with another work, by way of the animation, thus the artist behind the animation, alone, without being allowed to stand on its own two feet. I think, sound wise, and in other aspects as well, Eternity can benefit most from finding its own identity, creating its own feel and mood. I think that's more important than attaching a known name to the musical portions of the project. I don't dislike Jeremy Soule, mind you, I just think a lesser known, but still very talented, name might benefit the project more.

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

GOD NO

Like every artist they reach a peak at one point in their lives. After that it's downhill.

Mr. Soule, while undoubtedly at a high peak once, is racing downhill so fast he must be experiencing the Doppler effect.

Soule's rendition of Nobuo Uematsu's Terra from Final Fantasy III (or VI, I guess it's called now) is just... sublime.

Haven't heard anything by Bell, AFAIK, but I'm sure he's good too. Was kind of hoping for Michael Hoenig, though.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

• 2 weeks later...

I don't need to have Jeremy Soule in all my games. I'm quite happy with their in-house guy, that did the kickstarted music. He seems to have a ton of good ideas.

Here's his work:

https://soundcloud.c...oject-eternity/

And the music update:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60901-update-14-the-music-of-project-eternity/

These Soule fans are starting to annoy me. And I am one.

Only reason I'd hire Soule is because his last name is Soule and it fits the game :p

Edited by Lord of Lost Socks
  • Like 1

My thoughts on how character powers and urgency could be implemented:

http://forums.obsidi...nse-of-urgency/

"Epic" wouldn't describe Soule's work at all. Soule aims more for relaxing tunes. To relax and relieve stress from a long period of time playing the game.

Not all of it, TA and SupCom (FA) were pretty epic and grand sounding.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra