This topic reminded me of when NWN 2 came out and there was all kinds of rage on the Bio boards that the character presets were ugly.  It was a bit jarring (and amusing) to read some of the comments and how angry some people became that their elves weren't pretty, and then proceeded to rant about it for 20 pages.   

Trying to figure out if this was a commentary on the need for realistic characters who are not beefed up superheroes. Maybe. In any case, a little fantasy is harmless when it feeds your aspirations (not your delusions).

How does it make you feel that you will never be anything remotely close to your heroically glorified self-insert character? Does it bother that you will never have the physique of the warrior you imagine yourself as (you're actually kinda chubby, let's face it)? Or that- despite having stooped so low as to call your wizard after your embarrassing middle name- as a muggle in denial you will never sling magical spells? Is it a disappointing realization that none of your so-called friends see you as being even remotely close to the ultra-suave and persuasive individual you fancy yourself as? Do you actually perceive your unbecoming facial features as elven? How does the self-insert subculture of the Project Eternity cope with their startling inadequacy relative to the exemplary characters they create?

I don't know what you are talkign about. For refference, this is apicture of me:

the-perfect-man-cause-a-girl-can-dream.j

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

:huh: Is that all? Trollbait? Or what,you actually like us to speak of ourselves? What will that accomplish - activating your trap card now?

Son,thou hast let me down mightily.

Edited by AGX-17

Necroing threads just to try for a bite after it failed to catch on the first couple of times doesn't seem well advised.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."