How does it make you feel that you will never be anything remotely close to your heroically glorified self-insert character? Does it bother that you will never have the physique of the warrior you imagine yourself as (you're actually kinda chubby, let's face it)? Or that- despite having stooped so low as to call your wizard after your embarrassing middle name- as a muggle in denial you will never sling magical spells? Is it a disappointing realization that none of your so-called friends see you as being even remotely close to the ultra-suave and persuasive individual you fancy yourself as? Do you actually perceive your unbecoming facial features as elven? How does the self-insert subculture of the Project Eternity cope with their startling inadequacy relative to the exemplary characters they create?

Edited by mcmanusaur
  • Like 3

Edit: Nvm, shouldn't feed the trolls.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

On the other hand. My character doesn't have the freedom I have. I can climb trees, jump over creeks, do tons of stuff a videogame character can't... Because I'm not a videogame character. I can eat delicious food I made myself. I can play fun videogames, I can hang out with my friends and so much more my character can never do.

Also, my world has more realistic graphics and more in-depth interactivity.

• Like 3

How does it make you feel that you will never be anything remotely close to your heroically glorified self-insert character?

It feels good :)

Does it bother that you will never have the physique of the warrior you imagine yourself as (you're actually kinda chubby, let's face it)?

I'm ripped.

Or that- despite having stooped so low as to call your wizard after your embarrassing middle name- as a muggle in denial you will never sling magical spells?

I don't know, but I hope I am slinging peaceful ones. You know, vibes.

Is it a disappointing realization that none of your so-called friends see you as being even remotely close to the ultra-suave and persuasive individual you fancy yourself as?

Yes! They should bow before my rightful fist! Jokes aside... yes. but I'd prefer it if they saw me as me :)

Do you actually perceive your unbecoming facial features as elven?

Never really gave it a thought.....

Nope.

How does the self-insert subculture of the Project Eternity cope with their startling inadequacy relative to the exemplary characters they create?

That's opinionated good sir. Difficult to answer, as I don't see it lacking. However, I still think it's an interesting question. Broken down:

How does our ideas/imagination for subcultures, here in the forums, work with Obsidian's world? I don't know, that's up to Obsidian. Or did I misunderstand the question?

• Like 1

I sit around moping all day and wishing I had wings of the non-Red Bull kind so I could fly away and escape the mundane existence of being a boring bag-of-mostly-water.

........not really.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I sit around moping all day and wishing I had wings of the non-Red Bull kind so I could fly away and escape the mundane existence of being a boring bag-of-mostly-water.

I sincerely hope Project Eternity captures the hardships of life as an organic meatbag.

Edited by mcmanusaur

Everyone appears to know you as a troll, well I am relatively new to these boards.

Therefore, I will Humor you.

I have no self image, my self esteem is so low in fact, that I would rather create characters and live in a fantastical world than contemplate my day to day life since it is so depressingly boring, mundane, and loveless outside of my own family. I have no prospects for marriage as my finances are purely dependent on hand outs from family for the moment, I really have no room to grow but sideways :p Until I gain the credentials needed for a better job.

So to answer your question, No, it does not bother me in the least. It is fun to dwell in the realms of fantasy, but reality is always there, like the horror at the end of "Apocalypse Now," waiting in the shadows to devour your own immortal soul.

Are you satisfied mr. Troll?

• Like 1

How does it make you feel that you will never be anything remotely close to your heroically glorified self-insert character? Does it bother that you will never have the physique of the warrior you imagine yourself as (you're actually kinda chubby, let's face it)? Or that- despite having stooped so low as to call your wizard after your embarrassing middle name- as a muggle in denial you will never sling magical spells? Is it a disappointing realization that none of your so-called friends see you as being even remotely close to the ultra-suave and persuasive individual you fancy yourself as? Do you actually perceive your unbecoming facial features as elven? How does the self-insert subculture of the Project Eternity cope with their startling inadequacy relative to the exemplary characters they create?

By not caring about it.

I don't usually use my middle name though. If I'm going to self-insert it makes more sense to use my first name. Although the charisma is typically an accurate representation. I can't help that part. I just am!

Everyone appears to know you as a troll, well I am relatively new to these boards.

I have no self image, my self esteem is so low in fact, that I would rather create characters and live in a fantastical world than contemplate my day to day life since it is so depressingly boring, mundane, and loveless outside of my own family. I have no prospects for marriage as my finances are purely dependent on hand outs from family for the moment, I really have no room to grow but sideways :p Until I gain the credentials needed for a better job.

So to answer your question, No, it does not bother me in the least. It is fun to dwell in the realms of fantasy, but reality is always there, like the horror at the end of "Apocalypse Now," waiting in the shadows to devour your own immortal soul.

I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit here, friend. You may not be the obvious choice, but rather a diamond in the rough for the observant suitor. You may not realize it but you are growing every day, exceeding all others' expectations. It saddens me to think that someone so inspirational to the rest of us could see their admirable life in such a negative light. You should be as proud of your own accomplishments as we are; alas, even thy modesty doth impress, yon noblest of hearts. The fact of the matter is that you already have all the credentials that you will ever need; it's only a matter of you finding them within yourself. We believe in you, and know that you will be successful in doing so.

nothing wrong with a bit of escapism.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Speak for yourself, see previous answer, I have magic in spades - fire is shooting from my orifices as I type, it's not dissapointing because I am ultra-suave - I have a tuxedo and everything, yes - I am Elrond incarnate, no - I won't need to cope with anything because I am pretty much the most awesome human being on the planet. Now that I have answered your questions, good day sir.

I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit here, friend. You may not be the obvious choice, but rather a diamond in the rough for the observant suitor. You may not realize it but you are growing every day, exceeding all others' expectations. It saddens me to think that someone so inspirational to the rest of us could see their admirable life in such a negative light. You should be as proud of your own accomplishments as we are; alas, even thy modesty doth impress, yon noblest of hearts. The fact of the matter is that you already have all the credentials that you will ever need; it's only a matter of you finding them within yourself. We believe in you, and know that you will be successful in doing so.

lol the troll has feelings!!

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

• 5 months later...