Ending  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want multi-Endings for Eternity ?

• Yes, many endings
    • No only one ending
  2. 2. What type of endings whoud you like to see in eternity ?

• Fully happy ending ( everybody happy etc)
    • Good Ending ( best possible but with sacrifices )
    • Grey Ending (Something between happy and sad ending)
    • Sad Ending (many unnecessary casualties, etc)
    • Depresing Ending (everybody dies, you don't win, you die)
    • Other ( please say what type)
  3. 3. Do you want OPEN Ending/s ? (For examle not everything is finished)

I want multiple endings, but the key issue for me is not whether they are "good" or "bad", but whether they follow logically from the choices I made during the game - I want to know what effects my actions will have on the various factions and the world in general. Depending on the character I am playing and his/her motivations I may be hoping for an ending that is optimal for me (and who cares about the rest of the world), or I may be hoping for an ending that solves a particular problem in a particular way, or which benefits a particular race, organization or faction - even at the cost of a personal sacrifice.

In fact, I kind-of disagree with the idea of asking whether I want a "good" or "bad" ending at all - something like that may makes perfect sense for a movie - or a computer game that is essentially like a movie - a predefined storyline, perhaps with a few different outcomes at the very end (like Wizardry 8 did). I don't want PE to be like that - I don't want to feel like I am watching a movie where I have no control over the storyline when I play the game.

So, basically, at the end of the game, give me a set of multiple outcomes, for multiple factions/races/problems - don't give me a single bad/good/grey ending.

I want an ending where you find out that everything you did in the game was actually meaningless and then you are allowed to choose between three different colored beams. Or if you go totally crazy F:NV style ending where you start building it from the beginning, ie. what you do in the first village actually matters with the ending showing where the choices you made left that place. I've always liked that kinda of "slideshow" with narrator going over what happened, it also allows almost endless amount of different endings.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think the lack of threats to withdraw backing take away from the poll's sense of significance.

I think the general lack of ability to withdraw backing at this stage takes away from the poll's sense of significance.

I want an ending where you find out that everything you did in the game was actually meaningless and then you are allowed to choose between three different colored beams. Or if you go totally crazy F:NV style ending where you start building it from the beginning, ie. what you do in the first village actually matters with the ending showing where the choices you made left that place. I've always liked that kinda of "slideshow" with narrator going over what happened, it also allows almost endless amount of different endings.

i want an ending where you wake up in your room and realise it was all just a dream :brows:

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

There should be quite a few endings but there should be no "bad" endings in the sense of unwanted outcomes to the player. EVERY ending should be a win for the player with the differences being who the player allied with him/herself with. Best possible examples are FO: NV, Alpha Protocol and KotOR. There should also be at least one VERY shocking plot twist forces you to completely reconsider your allegiances and throws you right into the heart of an epic conflict. KotOR pulled this off splendidly and the revelation was beyond epic.

So yeah, there in no point to any "you lose" endings because only two things can happen, either it will piss people off or nobody will experience them and they certainly have no part in any epic game.

1zq6793.jpg

I d'like multiple ending due to the behaviors or actions you may have done during the process of the game,or also can be some "main" choice was made (for example: at the end you may choose stand with boss or with your companion, kind of that). But not to much, a number under 10 can be accepted.

And maybe can do like arcanum's ending, introduce any place you've been, that how it became after your did something over there.

I have struggle to understand a Universe that allows the destruction of an entire planet. Which will win this endless conflict - destruction or creation? The only thing I know for certain is never to place your faith entirely on one side. Play the middle if you want to survive.

Everyone else is a fanatic. I am Gauldoth Half-Dead. Your savior.

I like the bell curve going from fully happy ending to depressing ending - it's very statistical. Honestly multiple endings are a bit of a deal breaker for me (well not exactly as they already have my money), they are an rpg standard and by no account should be excluded. An open ending for me would also suck, I think for some quests having an open ending where you're not sure precisely what went down is fine but for the main quest I want a degree of resolution - this isn't Inception people.

I want only one ending. Usually I play games only once and I do not feel to replay the game (possibly 50+ hours) just to see another ending.

If you buy a game to play just once then you have wasted your money and your time on something you clearly do not consider to be worth your attention. The hour-length of the game is irrelevant, if I enjoy a game I will play it quite a lot. Hell I have played some of my favorite games over 30 times each. Generally if I do less than five completionist playthroughs for a game I generally consider it a poor game. Now FO3 and FO: NV I only played about 5 times each but that's more due to length than anything else.....and I'm not done with them.

Now don't get me wrong, I KNOW what it's like to be insanely busy with long work hours and no days off for months and months.....I've been there a few times for a few years. But even then, I wouldn't buy a game with the goal of playing it just once.....I would chip away an hour here and an hour there until I was done and then I'd be excited to go play the game a different way and make different choices.

1zq6793.jpg