Ending  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want multi-Endings for Eternity ?

• Yes, many endings
    • No only one ending
  2. 2. What type of endings whoud you like to see in eternity ?

• Fully happy ending ( everybody happy etc)
    • Good Ending ( best possible but with sacrifices )
    • Grey Ending (Something between happy and sad ending)
    • Sad Ending (many unnecessary casualties, etc)
    • Depresing Ending (everybody dies, you don't win, you die)
    • Other ( please say what type)
  3. 3. Do you want OPEN Ending/s ? (For examle not everything is finished)

(Sorry for my English)

When i was watching this silly topic http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/62182-unwinnable-main-questline/ I decided that i will make proper poll for this subject.

and please with no trolling like (i let obsidian decide) we only talking about are expectations or ideas for game and not with kiddy

Threatening like "I WILL withdraw my backing!"

cheers

not to sound childish or threatening but i WILL withdraw my pledge if there are more of these polls.

Sorry man i think that obsidian shoud decide but seeing this stupid topic make me rally lose much of my faith for humanity, Please, restore that faith.... thaks

I would enjoy free-play after story end. provided there are things to do.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I'm really not sure, I just want a good ending that fits really, the specifics aren't that important to me.

I think that in mature/ adult storyline where fights are common, death is also common. Im of course not talking in this poll from moral point of view. (You can be devil evil and still win everything) when im saying good or sad i mean endings for players perspectiv (if you are evil many deaths can by somthing good for you). only HAPPY ending means in my opinion that everybody wins .. and for me it's childish.

I'd only vote "Yes" for the "open" ending in the third section, but still with closure (i.e. much like Baldur's Gate 1).

Obsidian is hoping to make this a franchise. I'd really like continuity between games without gigantic time skips or wholly brand-new NPCs/PC.

• Like 4

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Didn't vote; want to be surprised. I.e. no plot design by gamer committee.

I also want something new, and we will not design any plot here, we only about are preferences (not talking about anything specific like Forton will die etc) and Good Ending or Sad Ending can be various and complicated for example if desiners create a storyline somethimes death of almost of all you companions can still be good ending and for other example if they create diffrent mayby death of 1 character whoud be still depresing etc. The posipilitys are just to big to calling this "design by gamer committee."

cheers

Edited by Ulquiorra

I've said this in other threads where this topic has come up but I don't mind saying it again :-p

I really liked how endings were handled in Dragon Age: Origins. Things were left open enough for expansions and additional content to continue the story but it also gave you lots of feedback to how you played and what choices you made. It gave you a chance to touch-base with all your remaining companions and see what their plans were for the future now that the mission was completed. This is pretty much what I'd like to see. I want more personalized ending than what we saw in infinity engine games where everybody gets the same ending or maybe 2-3 choices and that's it. If they want to have a good, evil, and failing ending I'm ok with that so long as that's not all there is to the epilogue.

Also I dislike having just a bad ending or just a failure ending. I'm ok with them being in as 1 possible outcome of many but I hate know that my ending (since I take the time to keep everybody alive and do every quest) is the same as the ending of somebody who played sloppily.

• Like 1

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

I'm hoping for a really strong story and so I'd prefer if the main storyline was unambiguous and had one ending. Perhaps there could be multiple outcomes for the different characters in the story, or for quest related towns and areas.

I don't usually continue playing after the main storyline is completed. I'll wait until I'm done everything before embarking on that final quest. So for me, I'd prefer a single, clear ending to the main storyline and rolling credits.

Edited by maggotheart

A sad ending might come to be a happy ending for some people, and vice versa. :teehee:

Yeah they can that why i asked in first question "Do you want mult Endings" if yes then if you had 6 endings at least 1 of them can be in your opinion better, more sad etc. if no and for example select GREY engins that means that you don't want to win or lose in player poin of view.

Of course truly happy (everywon lives, archevil dead, everywon happy) and Depresiv endings (everywon dies, player dies, arch evil lives stc) are the most contrastic.(and almost allways death of character played by player is depresiv)

Really, the ending or endings should be dependent on the story leading up to them. Since we don't know anything about the story it's hard to say what kind of ending I would prefer. In general, I like to have the conclusion to an RPG be a response to the choices I've made as protagonist. As such, I imagine I would like to have multiple endings or at least multiple ways the ending can unfold based on my actions over the course of the game (e.g. ME 2).

But again, when it comes to the tone of the ending (tragic, bleak, happy, darkly humorous, etc), this really depends on the tone of the rest of the game. If up until the end, the tone of the game has been one of heroic success in the face of seemingly inevitable failure, then the game should allow for a similarly themed ending. If the game has been a grim struggle against a harsh universe that is infinitely greater than the protagonist, in which the only thing the player can truly effect is his/her character (if even that), then a bleak ending in which you can't fix anything and get squashed is to be expected.

For all its faults, I thought Dragon Age: Origins did a great job with its ending, allowing the player to end the game in the way that best fit the tone of their adventure. You could sacrifice yourself to save the world, someone else could sacrifice themselves to save the world (and there were a couple options as to who this would be based on your decisions up to that point), or you could make a Faustian bargain so that no one would have to be sacrificed, which of course leaves a big question mark hanging over whether resorting to forbidden sorcery would lead to big troubles down the road. And of course there were a bunch of other little things that changed depending on your actions, like which non-party NPCs would come join you for the climactic battle. So all-in-all, the game did a great job of feeling reactive at the end. Being completely ignorant of the tone and plot of P:E, I would say that I would like to see it take after DA:O in this one aspect.

• Like 1

To quote Max Payne - "there are no happy endings". I don't want to see a hero save the day, get the girl and live happily ever after. I really liked in DAO how my dwarven fighter sacrificed himself( who's more important-a dwarven thug or a king? I also didn't want anything to do with any sort of Omen-like babies). Everyone cried and built a statue in my honour. This was an amazing ending.

So, basically, I don't want there to be a ""right" ending a-la Mass Effect 2 where you should save everyone, because, well, you can and this goes into the next installment. I don't think that the protagonist should necessarily die, or make sacrifices for the sake of sacrifices, but the game should have a grim finalle to it with an aftertaste that haunts you for some tome after you beat it. Like in Planescape - in my opinion the best thing for TNO to do is to cut his throat as soon as he gets into the Fortress. But, then, he's a nice guy somewhere deep down and he goes to save his companions from death and in the process dooms himself to the exact thing he tried so hard to evade millenia(or maybe even more, I'm not entirelly sure) ago.

What I'm trying to say - in the end I'd like to be presented with a choice along the lines of "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few", a decission I'd spend some time in pause mode thinking about. And if there is a bright and happy choice - I don't want it to be clearly advantageous.

Edited by quechn1tlan

I think one ending with multiple ways to achieve it works best (such as PS:T). Otherwise you end up with **** like Mass Effect where the council you saved from the Reapers (and who knew everything you knew) are as oblivious and full of denial as a bunch of strangers who've never heard of the Reapers.

Unless if they aren't planning on making a sequel/xpac, then go crazy.

I think one ending for the sake of sanity and consistency of future installments.

It's always nice to learn what happened to the key factions / places / individuals based on the choices you made.

Edited by Kaz
  • Like 1

I like multiple endings as long as it's not a 'pick your ending' at the very end. Only game I can think of that came close to a truly horrid 'pick your ending' was PST and that had some last minute choices that where governed by the kind of person your character was by the end really. I mean you really had to strive in one direction to get the proper good ending or whatever version (they had a good number of em). So i guess a multi-choice like ending isn't bad as long as 'whats' available (that is hopefully as well disguises as it was in PST) is based off what you did in the hours prior to all that.

Far as im concerned once you go the Dues Ex / Mass Effect 3 route of 'pick your ending' where nothing you've ever done has any bearings on the last hour of the game and its just 'take your pick'? Complete bullcrap... just utter bullcrap. Just go with 1 ending at that point and throw in 'alternate endings' in some unlock credits like they do with some movies on disc.. same damn thing.

Def Con: kills owls dead

i want many endings, not much more to say about this part of the poll

im fine with any type of ending, as long as it feels like it was my way of playing the game that made it happen and it was not forced on me. if what i did in the game made everyone happy it's as ok with me as making choices that brought about the end of the world or i may just finished that boss by sacrificing all my companions and walked away putting it all behind me and vanishing from the world.

when it comes to making an open ending that leaves room for a sequel, im fine with it, as long as it satisfies the above prerequisite. if all endings give room for it and the begining of the next game can be modeled after the ending you reached in the first then it's fine. but i'd rather not have many endings that are dead ends and then they choose the "correct" ending and use it for the sequel

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.