Games to play while waiting for Project Eternity

loufoque

Project Eternity has made me want to play some good computer role playing games.

I have already played Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 a decade ago. Likewise I played Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 quite some time ago, but I may not have played through the expansions of Neverwinter Nights 2. I recently checked out Vampires Bloodlines, which I quite liked.

I'm wondering if I should play Planescape: Torment, Arcanum, Temple of Elemental Evil, or simply replay Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights.

Any suggestion? Keep in mind I have limited time and probably won't be able to play through everything.

1. Planescape Torment

2. Arcanum

3. NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer

MOTB will be immediately appealing to you; PST and Arcanum take a few hours to get into, but these are quite simply unmissable. PST and Arcanum are available for cheap on GOG; then simply look for the latest version of the community fixpack & widescreen mod for each - ten minutes later, you're up and playing.

Temple of Elemental Evil is actually pretty bad in terms of story and character development, so I'd steer clear of that one. It does have one of the best turn based combat implementations ever though.

Arcanum is my favorite on the list.

Speaking of NWN2, has there been any news when it will be available for download again? It is probably the best game(counting MotB expansion) I've ever played, but I'm afraid I lost my hardcopy when I moved.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The licensing complications around it are horrible and facepalmy, but amazon always has cheap hardcopies for NWN2 and/or xpacks.

Arcanum will be a game you are trying to find, just don't be so annoyed by its combat, and Planescape: Torment is also recommended if you got enough time and a heart of researching philosophy.

I have struggle to understand a Universe that allows the destruction of an entire planet. Which will win this endless conflict - destruction or creation? The only thing I know for certain is never to place your faith entirely on one side. Play the middle if you want to survive.

Everyone else is a fanatic. I am Gauldoth Half-Dead. Your savior.

Play Torchlight 2. It eats hours and days like you wouldn't believe. Project Eternity will be here before you know it.

Also, to echo what others have said, play Planescape: Torment. And Icewind Dale.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Already is. A bit pricey though, given what is was going for prior to the switchover.

I saw that, but I already have NWN from GOG and I think 40 is a bit steep.

If NWN is on GOG, hopefully NWN2 will show up soon (IIRC it is one of the highest voted on the wishlist)or get back on Steam.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Downloaded GOG versions of PST and the BG series and had great fun playing modded versions of the game.

As an aside, I'm sure people have already posted about BGEE vs. modded BG Trilogy

Despite putting in some 350hrs into the game already, planning will head back to the Mojave over Christmas. Nothing to get one into the holiday spirit more than battling Alpha Deathclaws in an abandoned mining pit.

However at the moment, the recent Omega DLC was enough to lure me back into the world of (Fem) Shepard. If (that's a big IF) you can put the god awful ending to the back of your mind, there is quite a lot to like in the early and middle phases of the game.

However, when that Cereal Killer turns up in his tricked up helicopter, you know that the good times are coming to an end, though you get a choice of red, blue or green.

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg