Player Cap

Which level should the level limit be?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which level should the level limit be?

• Unlimited

Since the sequel apparently picks up where the other left off, I'd suppose that the starting level might be higher than 1...and since the first left me at level 20 even before I started on the Star Forge, 20 seems to low.

(Signatures: disabled) 

I simply dont see how you can level that much in a game of approximately the same size without either drastically increasing fighting and quests or increasing exp gains from said quests and fighting.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Let's leave it at 20, this game is based on the d20-rules afterall.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If Obsidian didn't go over 20 and add prestige classes, there' be an uproar. Certain gamers will have fits over not being able to munchkinize their character builds...

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Since the sequel apparently picks up where the other left off, I'd suppose that the starting level might be higher than 1...and since the first left me at level 20 even before I started on the Star Forge, 20 seems to low.

:huh: The starting level is one! Ur not the same character u were in the first game, u do know that dont u!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

If Obsidian didn't go over 20 and add prestige classes, there' be an uproar. Certain gamers will have fits over not being able to munchkinize their character builds...

Heh.

After playing as lvl2 soldier/lvl 18 guardian, how can there be more room for munchkinization? For some people, levelling up is like cocaine, you can't simply have enough of it, can't you?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I personally don't see the problem with going above lvl 20, even if you do start the game at lvl 1. I think it would be better if it went to lvl 30 or 40. Mind you I haven't played many other RPGs and I am not in anyway familiar with the D20 system. I just think it would give the player more of a chance to customize their charactor, and to make better use of the force powers and feats. But then agian this is just my opinion, but any info you guys can give me on the D20 system or links to info on the D20 system would help out alot.

-Thanks-

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I have no problem with leveling that high itself per se, its just that the length of the game doesnt seem to lend itself to it. I reached level 20 every time at the unknown world. If this game is the same length or slightly longer, how do they expect us to reach level 30 or 40?

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

The only ways I can think of is if the give you more XP for killing different level of NPCs or if they had given XP bonus's for finishing side quests (which wouldn't make sense because not everyone wants to do all the side quests). On the other hand Akari said that they still didn't know for sure how long the game was going to be yet because they weren't finished the final levels (mentioned in one of the weekend developers threads), I just hope it might be another ten or twenty hours longer than KOTOR I.

By the way thanks for the info Archmonarch.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I am requesting 38 levels exactly.

Give me 37 and I'll feel cheated.

39 and I'll complain the excessive

number of levels made the game too easy. ;)

Seriously, why 38?? You people crack me up. ;)

I think most of us would prefer round numbers.

No, not round like this smiley-> :)

I mean numbers that end in a 5 or a 0.

^Just a tip for future reference. B)

You guys are forgetting one thing--this game will scale in difficulty with your power. No matter your levels, the enemies will keep coming at you. This is not the KotOR you guys remember. I voted for forty to match with the max level of an epic character. And there's nothing wrong with gaining levels if your opposition matches with your power.

I guess your right. I just enjoyed how the levels were spaced out in the original Kotor. It was just long enough for me to say "I'll play till one more level". I have faith that obsidian will space out the levels good too so that we don't get like 3 level ups during one side quest for instance.

:blink: The starting level is one! Ur not the same character u were in the first game, u do know that dont u!

Won't know that for sure until I see it...where is it? ;)

But whatever, more is better.

(Signatures: disabled) 

I voted for unlimited.

I prefer a levelling system like BG2 were the total amount of xp available in the game determined the possible finishing level rather then a set hard cap.

Sorry, but BG2 had a "set hard cap".

Also, it's been stated numerous times by both the devs and the many many previews that you aren't Revan. It might be a good idea to read up on that.

I'm going to go with the good old fashioned level 20.

35 so you hav to work hard to get to that level so you can beat the big bad 3rd sith lord

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf