What you did today

Gorth

Slept too late. My brain is fuzzy like a well worn carpet.

Would like to do some errands but the thought of contending with all the crazy day-after-Xmas deal-shopping people is intimidating. Still have enough catfood so my ankles are safe, and can order a pizza, so I think I'll wait until tomorrow. Sitting around playing video games and watching TV sounds better anyway. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Happy belated B-Day Shady.

I've planned out my first two road trips for work next year. Indianapolis and Evansville in January and Little Rock, Jonesboro, Dyersburg, Springfield and Fayetteville in February.

Hey Calax, I'll be working in Des Moines and Sioux City this summer . If you're in town and feel like a drive I'll buy you a beer or two.

Gonna be a busy year.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

First day back at work after The Event. Was prepared to give in my notice. Turns out there's nobody of rank here. Could've slept last night.

Had an entertaining talk with a senior co-worker about the similarities between this place and 1 % gangs, the importance of being a Good Leaver who just haves to give up his bike or pinky as opposed to Bad Leaver, who gets his life ruined. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I heard on the radio this morning that my hometown is the fifth coldest place in the world at the moment.

I can't decide if that's better or worse than being the sixth worst city in the country for crime.

• Like 1

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Edmonton was pretty darn cold the past few days.

Mostly insanely annoyed because some guy is half parked in my stall so I can't park my car and plug it in. And the towing service won't tow it because they need BOTH titles in order to authorize moving it. And my condo board is not back until the 28th.

It's currently 40F here (830pm). It's soooo cold! ... wat? :*

Didn't feel like killing zombies today so I've been watching hubby kill zombies instead. He's not very good at it, but as always he's entertaining nonetheless. His opinion so far: "It's a little too melee for me."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

-31 here. Earlier this morning it was a nipply -38. It's supposed to warm up to 20 or 17 tomorrow, but it's supposed to be windy, so that'll probably make it feel just as cold.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

-degree temps is why I'm never moving North. Heheh.

Universal Studios was a lot of fun when I was a kid...haven't been to it in years tho. I'm sure it's vastly different now. Do they still have the Jaws ride? lol

It is surprising how.. aggravating it can be not to hear from certain people over Christmas that you'd expect to hear from.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's 30 degrees (Celcius) here, waiting for the sun to set a bit before venturing out (and braving the holes in ozone layer) for some shopping :sweat:

Generally just procrastinating and catching up on all the "to-do" stuff that had piled up since last New Year (which was the last time I had some time off from work and didn't travel somewhere).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm up at 3am and still not sleepy. I'll go ask someone in the house to knock me out.

Don't ask anyone, Do what I did: walk against a concrete beam :p

Just do at a higher speed than me. I'm still concious so it didn't work...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm up at 3am and still not sleepy. I'll go ask someone in the house to knock me out.

Don't ask anyone, Do what I did: walk against a concrete beam :p

Just do at a higher speed than me. I'm still concious so it didn't work...

That's an all or nothing proposition... if it works, it's good. If it doesn't, you get a headache in addition to insomnia ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I had a rough night with the girlfriend, not a fight and more dealing with her feeling like **** because of family pressure to break-up -they don't care for me/my family-, but we'll likely be ok. If nothing else we'll go back to being close friends (as we were before we were dating, and what, worst case, we both want to preserve if things don't work out).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot