Brave New World

obyknven

This thread about Transhumanism. This is New Force that Change the Face of Earth in near future.

tumblrl2lk6kxfoc1qziw4d.jpg

http://transhumanity...-arrives-99-die

This text is written from Russian POV. What is called Transhumanism in the West has been existing in Russia for at least 120 years, and the naive utopian phase of it ended before people who read this text were born. Russian standards of political discussion are also different - things that everybody knows but are too scared to say should be said. Terms like “political correctness” and “conspiracy theory” are non-existent in Russia; their usage is considered to be the mark of a hypocrite.

The year is 2031.

You’ve managed to escape from the FEMA camp you were forced into after a false flag dirty bomb attack was used to enact nation wide martial law.

As you run desperately toward the horizon you choke on the air full of aluminum oxide. Routine chem trailing ensures that only Monsanto’s genetically modified creations grow, preventing criminal dissidents from growing their own food supply.

As you reach the top of a small hill you come face to face with the military’s latest patrol-bot. In a fraction of a second the machine’s sophisticated camera and computer system analyze your face and scan the biometric data in your subdermal implant. Immediately the drone opens fire, cutting you down in a hail of bullets that were manufactured in China.

As you sputter out your final breath your one final thought is, “If only I had voted for Ron Paul…”

http://transhumanity...-makes-you-dumb

“We’re designed to be hunters and we’re in a society of shopping. There’s nothing to kill anymore, there’s nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created.” © David Fincher

Human degeneration isn’t a new topic.

Wise men have bemoaned the fall of man for as long as civilization has existed.

Because what is civilization, anyway?

Simply put: domestication of Homo Sapiens.

Welcome to the factory farm “Earth”.

Humans are livestock, farm animals, domesticated and bred to be docile, weak and stupid.

Dogs may be more refined and elegant, but wolves are stronger and smarter.

• Like 1

Transhumanism, abbreviated as H+ or h+, is an international intellectul and cultural movement that affirms the possibility and desirability of fundamentally transforming the human condition by developing and making widely available technologies to eliminate aging and to greatly enhance human intellectual, physical, and psychological capacities.

Sign me up.

• Like 1

Not aging - even if it was more about appearance/strength than longevity - would be pretty cool. But even more importantly - would I never again forget where I put my car keys?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Damn it! Now everyone knows about the singularity; nice going Oby, ya crazy ruski bastard.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ah, yes. Trans- and posthumanism are very fascinating subjects. Read Archeofuturism by Guillaume Faye?

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

I'm not sure about the not-aging part.

Plenty of wear and tear accumulate on our bodies without any mechanisms of repair.

Quality of life would take a major dive after 150 years or so.

We'd just replace those parts with awesome prosthetics with built in MP3 players and wifi. Duh.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

American geneticists (tee-hee) have already used genetic modification to extend the lifespan of flatworms by up to 5x, the human equivalent being a 70 year old posessing the young body of a 20 year old.

That said, Russia's scientific achievements are unassailable, so if they develop cybernetics and gene therapy I'll be signing up.

I'm not sure about the not-aging part.

Plenty of wear and tear accumulate on our bodies without any mechanisms of repair.

Quality of life would take a major dive after 150 years or so.

Aging is wear and tear that goes without repair. That's exactly the problem to be addressed. There are various factors in aging (individual genes, length of telomeres, etc.) but addressing each one could likely extend lifespans by a significant amount. There should probably be a one child policy for anyone who becomes effectively immortal, for the sake of resources/environmental concerns, but that's a few decades out at the very least.

Not that I wouldn't prefer being a sentient colony of self-reproducing nanomachines anyway.

Edited by AGX-17

Transhumanism, Feminism and Beta Male Losers

gagarin_2_42.jpg

http://transhumanity...eta-male-losers

Gender wars in geek subculture are on the rise.

It’s safe to say that we see one big Geek Gender War.

In the atheist community, we have Elevatorgate, which included an attempt to boycott Richard Dawkins.

In Kickstarter, we have Anita Sarkeesian issue.

In E3, we have “Tomb Raider” and “Hitman: Absolution” trailer scandals.

Then we have news of Eurogamer Expo banning “booth babes”.

We’ve seen the rise of “fake geek girl” meme, and hundreds of other issues.

Hilarious Comments

While "West" almost fall into new Dark Age (Nazism, Slavery (cowardly named as "Human trafficking "), Totalitarianism and other Reactionary things ) Russia establish first Transhumanist party and prepare to next leap into future.

84-3684769.jpg

http://2045.com/articles/30869.html

Previous Flashforward Russia make in 1917 where Bolsheviks (who synthesizing Ideas of Marxism, Futurism, Cosmism, Russian Nihilism, Decadence, Nietzscheanism, Buddhism, Theosophy and Apocalypse prophecies) seize power.

"Communism is Soviet power plus the electrification of the whole country" - say Lenin who was fan of A.Robida writings .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robida

No thanks. I'd prefer to play the cards I was dealt. Like the old Queen song says "Who wants to live forever"

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

No thanks. I'd prefer to play the cards I was dealt. Like the old Queen song says "Who wants to live forever"

It's your choice evolve or be extinct.

The kind of forced evolution proposed by most transhumanists would not allow you to choose for yourself.

It's all about liberal eugenics: selective breeding and embryonic genetic engineering - not adults deliberately exposing themselves to gamma radiation like in some bad superhero origin story.

Or were you talking about biomechatronic prosthetics, perhaps? Or nanobots? That's not evolution.

Edited by Agelastos

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

It's your choice evolve or be extinct.

I will be assimilated, resistance is futile huh? When they come for me I suggest sending well armed men (or cyborgs) with no families to worry about. I will make them kill me and I won't go alone.

Actually I've sort of been preparing for that kind of thing for a little while now.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Maybe now Russian males will have some apparatus that keeps them from drinking some much booze they die.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

While "West" almost fall into new Dark Age (Nazism, Slavery (cowardly named as "Human trafficking "), Totalitarianism and other Reactionary things ) Russia establish first Transhumanist party and prepare to next leap into future.

A truer comedian I have never met. BRAVO, SIRE.

Edited by AGX-17

I like how obyknven is slowly losing the use of the finer points of English grammar. Is he eventually going to be left with only nouns and uninflected verbs, like a kind of handbag spambot?

On the topic: more techno-salvationism ITT. The next hot thing will, doubtless, be calculating the precise orbit of the human soul.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.