We all wear masks, metaphorically speaking. We suppress the id, our darkest desires... and adopt a more socially acceptable image.

So what you are saying is that Ben Stein is actually Ferris Bueller?

I know this might sound strange to some, but I would love to see some actual cultural positive latinamerican tropes. Being from a far away place and being exposed constantly to classical english fantasy tropes I must say theres a lot of RL white european tropes mixed in there.

If this game wants to portray realistic societies and NPCS, I think they all need to stay away from white european knights, scholarly asian based cultures and dark skinned foreign "arabic" themes ...

In Latinamerica alone there are neighbouring countries that not only do not even remotely speak the same language sometimes, even when both speak spanish, but every 100km there are such contrasts in customs , even within the same country that you could literally be in another.

I for once , following this trend, would be a local machete wielding medicine man (called Mojan where I am from) that deals with polymorphing techniques into several trees,animals and even rocks to deal with unfriendly medicine men, spirits and angry enemy tribes as I drink rum and smoke tobacco to appease my Patron and ask for more powers. I would go at the forefront of incursions into enemy lands to steal cattle and women shielding my apprentices and protecting the sneaky shadowbound warriors ( that could be another class or npc on their own that use bow and arrows to kill silently, and they are actual units in our real life military in Venezuela that work alone or in packs defending our jungle heavy borders with Brasil and Colombia, mostly targetting drug lord armies and para military armies of no known allegiance)

Theres so much stuff to take away from Latinamerica in terms of fully fleshed magical and earthly NPCS.

Would love to see a bigger influence in modern games, thats all

Cheers!

Kind of way-too-late, brudder. Enit.

Not even touching on the dangerous levels of stereotyping. Except to make a joke about ancient indian burial grounds on account of the dead rising from their metaphorical graves here.

Edited by AGX-17

We all wear masks, metaphorically speaking. We suppress the id, our darkest desires... and adopt a more socially acceptable image.

vhfalv.jpg

i dont. i do what i want and to hell with whoever doesnt like it. i do not conform to what others expect of me to be like

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I don't think that's what's being meant by masks tekoman2. Non-conformist or not, everyone has some basic psychological reactions and defences. You use there even if you're not aware of them.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I'm Candid.

I came here for the first time a few days ago to drop my would-have-been epitaph for backer perusal, because it was much too long to actually use (should have checked the limit first, bah).

Now I think I'm a regular. Or I will be.

Nice to meet you all.

• Like 1

I don't think that's what's being meant by masks tekoman2. Non-conformist or not, everyone has some basic psychological reactions and defences. You use there even if you're not aware of them.

trust me, if i was on the DC universe, i'd be joker... a chaotic neutral version, but in essense a guy who does not give a dime about anything or anyone as long as he has fun

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.