Update #33: PayPal Ends Soon! Current Developments

How about a god of Treachery masquerading as a more benign deity? For example, a god worshiped by subordinates and functionaries called things like The Dutiful Clerk or The Necessary Servant--never a personal name, only a job description indicating stalwart servility--but who (known only to the inner circle) is actually the god of usurpers, traitors, and the amorally ambitious? Not only would a congregation of menials and hirelings be the perfect cover for a cabal of infiltrators and betrayers, but the very act of duping the loyal and dedicated masses into worshiping a god of betrayal under false pretenses is itself a sublime act of treachery.

• Like 2

Most god(desse)s exist to address a question, I think, so I should start with "what changes when I make souls a reality" and churn out ideas from there:

God(dess) of Binding: Alright, so souls exist. So why do I have this silly, dirty, impetuous corpus? Why is my metaphysical soul bound to flesh? Perhaps without anchor, the soul loses itself and dissolves. The body thus provides solidarity and identity. Enter god(dess) of binding. When a vessel decays and the soul is cut from the flesh, it is vulnerable - like a liquid without a container to provide shape. Thus the god(dess) of binding collects drifted souls and sews them back into new physical forms. (S)he doesn't necessarily repressent life and renewal, more like a being that connects the soul to the world - a function of existance.

God(dess) of Decay: This is a staple god(dess). Why do I suffer disease and illness? Is my soul broken? Yes. The god(dess) of decay doesn't represent death, but the fragmentation or intoxication of the soul. Things lost or forgotten are represented by this god(dess). Past lives, history, dreams, health, status - the god(dess) of decay governs everything that falters or dissolves. You would ward against him/her to prevent the deterioration of the soul causing malady, or curse him/her when something's been lost or forgotten.

Humans love to displace the causes of their misfortunes onto mysterious uncontrollable forces, so a god(dess) of misfortune is a must.

Also, I like the idea of a god(dess) which interferes in the mortal plane solely to right an ancient perceived wrong, not of mortal significance, but deeply personal. Unrelieved regrets are arguably the scariest part of dying, especially after tremendous tradgedy or unrecognized injustice. What if you had the power of immortality, and an eternity to resolve or attone for a grievance of the past? A grievance so massive and influencial, that it has changed the face of the world / celestial form / simply your own existance and could take eons to resolve? Haven't fleshed that out yet, but I always love stories of journeys to heal tradgedy.

• Like 3

Medios - God of Entertainment, storytelling, music, theater, painting, scribing would all fall under Medios' domain. He's is working a form of entertainment that would be the ultimate form - something that could combine all his other forms of entertainment and add an interactive element... *SPOILER ALERT* (I mean video games)

After reading a few of the other ideas that people have posted about the gods being like people with issues and downsides I think it woud be nice to play off of that. Having gods with aspects that relate to them that go together and then one that does not. Having that one thing that they are forced to be that throws off their balance as a god. Like god of war and destruction has to also be sometimes the god of compassion for the weak. Making them have to change gears so to speak so that they can't be all representative of a aspect with out some kind of flip side to it that they have to do now and again as it is part of their nature.

What gods exist seems to be entirely dependent on how the gods came to exist.

For example, if they are the product of the belief of a large group of beings, then there could be gods that cover any aspect of the groups existence. In this example, we could have gods of footpaths, florists, feet fetish, foundries, fathers, finance, and the privy.

If the gods were created from primordal forces, then they would represent the basic forces of the universe. There could be gods of gravity, electricity, metal, rocks, sound, liquid, gas, acid, light, radiation, magnetism.

Gods could also represent basic emotional states. There could be gods of anger, love, nostalgia, whimsy, frustration, apathy, desire, or even a lack of emotion, say, rationality.

Basically, there has to be some consistency with the gods though, to make the world believable.

I would honestly love to see a conflict between monotheism and multiple gods. I know it was done in considerable amount of RPGs and it repeats human history, but I think it'll just be great to see the conflict within society.

More and more people will shine in the light of the one true God, the Maker and Creator. While others will still prey to the goddess of fertility for their wives to deliver healthy sons, to the Sea God for a safe voyage - they've been doing it for their whole life! Why would they need to accept this new god?

I think storywise it gives a player a lot of great options. Some cities and towns could be monotheistic, some can worship different gods. So when you join (or just support strongly enough for people to see) a religion people would treat you differently in different parts of the world.

Also there could be gods bound to a certain race. For example, elves worship certain god(s) and when a player (being an elf) is worshiping a human god he is considered an outsider, but with this he will gain good disposition from human societies.

I'd really like to have a barbar/hairstylist in the game (like you guys had in New Vegas), so I think it would be pretty badass to have Deity dedicated to personal grooming; a divine character that plays off of the tale of Narcisuss, with an emphasis on vanity. Following this deity would give certain traits a bonus based on Charisma (or the P:E equivalent) like resistance to disease (persona hygiene) and persuade (NPC's cannot resist the hypnotic scent of your mustache wax!).

This Deity would be Lawful neutral. Personal Grooming is considered a discipline.

• Like 2

I think an interesting idea would be to have a group of unusual elemental type gods:

1. The God of Bones: HIs purview would cover skeletons, teeth, shells, corals, mountains, foundations, fortifications, shields, armor, fossils, timelessness. A martial god that tends more towards mercenaries and those who stand guard or fight for no particular cause.

2. The Goddess of Blood: this goddess is the god of rivers, seas, lakes, swamps, blood, sewers, birth, decay, growth, planting, predators, drunkenness, and turmoil. A very chancy goddess, dangerous both to worship and to ignore.

3. The Goddess of Breath: this is the goddess of wind, the seasons, lightning, snow, deserts, glaciers, extremes of temperature, famine, ships, flying creatures, music, perfume, and cloth.

4. The God of Mind: Sometimes also called the God of the Flesh, this deity is somewhat dual in nature, being both the god of scribes, paper, books, writing, knowledge, libraries, rhetoric, and light and also the god of fire, destruction, carnal pleasures, plague, the stars, omens, metalwork, glass, pottery, and drought.

None of these deities are good or evil in any classic sense. Different cultures have vastly different views of these gods, depending upon which facet they consider to be dominant. A pastoral culture, for instance, might regard the Goddess of Blood as a benevolent mother goddess, while another regards her as the fearsome Leech Queen and yet a third considers her a vengeful nature goddess.

Also, in some areas, there is heretical belief in a fifth elemental god, the god of the Void. Little is known of this god. Some call him the Lord of Souls. Others the King of the Night. If he even does exist, his cosmological purpose and position is unknown.

• Like 3

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

There is one true god!

ZALGO

Corruption. Madness. yet promise of unspeak͔̮͉able power. Lov̬̰͖̩̣̻ͧ̏̎̅͂̊̚ė̂craftia͓̙͖̟͓͉̽n̫̥̟͇̫̙̮̒̃͒͊̇̇̉ otherwordly and alien entity, that h̬̭̫̳͈a͉̞̖̙͇̪s hidden goals. More malevolent than B̸ane or Cyric-like go̬̝̝͇̹ds͙͍̻̦̫͙. Madness and insanity, chaotic ḩ̸̵i̢̢͜v̷͝e̛m̕͢i̕nd̶͞ ̛̕ that may corre̶̦̳s҉̠̭̟p̨̗̳̗̙o̖̲nd to D&D "Lords of M̕a͏̶́d̸͝ness" rulebook.

A g̈́̓͞͠rͭ͋̈́͟ęͧ̽̉ͪ͗ͦ͌ͮā̾̊ͪtͭ̏̉̌ͮ͡ ̷̅̾͐̃͝ potential for impl̈̽̓ͯ̀̍̊̒̑̀ë̐̇ͭ̑̀̚m̈́ͨͫ̇ͩ̌ͭenting cov̵̷̩̩̙̖͔̭e̢҉̳̜̯͙̕n̵̶̗̘͈̲͠s̷̹̞̯̣̞̗̣̥ of cultists, performing their m̷̟͇͈͖͞a̵̢̪ͅd̡͓̻̟̗̰͚̦̕d̹̹è̶̹̰̮̹̼̮̟́n҉̜̱͍̱͇͍̫i̺̟n̩̜͈͘g̹̬͓͕͙ r̤͙͙͓͉͌̓i̥ͫ̌t̹̯̙̭̰̆̓̒͆u̪̥̳͛a̘̠͔̘͋̉̍ͦͩͦ͆ͯl̘͕͎̝̱ͤͥͥ̋̿̄s̠͎̘̠̝͒̑ͣ͛̓ͪͪͦͫ.

H̡̛͢҉̵E̵̷̶͘͜ ̀͘͏͢C̀̕͝͞Ơ̵͜͡M͏̢E̡͡͡S̷̶̨̡͞

MzpydUh.gif

We must have a god of beer. Perhaps he could have a demigod of Stout as well.

I also suggest a god of science, who doesn't believe in the other gods.

The Chinese had a great idea with a god whose role was to kill other gods - sort of like an enforcer.

Also a god of giant space hamsters is a must.

• Like 2

I've been a little busy and haven't been able to keep up with the latest information about the game, but I've always been fascinated about the 'soul' concept since I learnt about it. What follows are the facts and stories about a God that, at least for now, is named "Aivy" (of course - this is easily changeable; I just like this name). (I just checked the PE wiki and it seems that the concept of a god having 'different identities' in different locations isn't lost on the developers, but I'll share this God idea anyway.) (Also, I've used [name] placeholders where I couldn't think of a name straight away!)

Aivy

To the masses that court the strands of existence for a life worth living, she is known as "The God of Faces". To the rich, she is fate; to the poor, she is hope; to the truly misérables, she is a sardonic reminder that all are fools - that all will, eventually, live a life of despair.

Long debated about by the scholars of [land/worldname], Aivy - as she is famously known in her most current incarnation - is a unique specimen even among the gods. Aivy is able to see and interact with every single soul she has ever lived. Common consensus suggests that she is at once none and all of them combined - a menagerie of personalities each with their own desires, loves, and hates. At their core is an ever present awareness of who and what she is. Through the years, this has developed into an acute awareness of the world and its residents. This has - according to popular opinion - led to her simultaneous presence in several parts of the world through avatars of her self, most of which are still unknown.

[This part depends on whether Gods can 'die'] She is unique among the gods in that - on death - she may be reincarnated as a mortal. Only in this state is she ignorant of her past, but she is still capable of great power. Of the two mortal avatars ever attributed to her, one has been mortal in the strictest sense of the word [a boy named Tiles], and the other was a great priest in the lands of [name].

Tiles' story is will known. Thousands of years ago, the [concept - war, hate, etc] God [name] discovered her identity via a daring raid into her tower, the place in which all her identities live together ("They say her home is a spire of possibility; they say a level exists for each of her incarnations, which has created an ever-growing grasp to answer possibility - yes, possibility itself - with an answer for every permutation of man possible. They say that, when she has existed as every ion possible, the very fabric of existence will crumble in satisfaction to meaning itself ..." - [Philosopher name]). The God abused her [him] for 120 years with such voracity that some said in the lands of [name] that they could hear the screams shatter throughout the sky ("this, coincidentally, is the origin for the Order of Tiles - their symbol, a sharp, dagger-like pen stuck in the open pages of a tome forever a reminder that no soul can ever escape the torture of life... Contrary to popular belief, it is only in the last two hundred years that the pages of the tome has been presented with a mosaic. A decree by Agister Wundart, this was meant to represent the fractures of our lives..." - [Phillosopher Name])

Whatever the case, this is sure: mortals and gods alike are forever clamoring to discover all her identities, but, just as sure, most will inevitably remain hidden. Some say her very first incarnation will provide power untold to the world (or the god who claims it), and others believe the first is existence itself.

("To claim saach a thang," I remember the barwench saying, "It'd bloost yer tah smitharaaens, surelah. And I likes mah smitharaaens where they be, I'll be thanking you to know!'- [Philosopher name])

"All of it leaves a man to wonder - whose face it is does she really show?" - [Philosopher name].

Edited by Simpy
  • Like 1

Two ideas:

1) A deity that represents wisdom, introspection, and outer strength through inner strength. Deity is often seen or described as riding silently cross-legged on the back of a giant turtle (whether it be land or river/lake/sea), arms folded, both eyes closed. Most good people that feel like "wallflowers" relate most with this deity.

2) A deity that is like Gilean from the Dragonlance lore. (Actually, most of those deities could be used or mixed/matched.)

I think a couple of folks mentioned this up above, but I would really enjoy at least one god who is so absolutely remote, so alien to human thought, that we simply can't comprehend his motives. ...And I want him to do stuff. I don't want him to be the big bad guy, but I want a definitely feeling that he's just working towards some crazy assed goal no one else understands. ...Or maybe, like the bitch from Aliens, his only apparent goal is death and destruction, but not with malice. I don't want him to be evil as regards motive, even if his actions are clearly evil from the perspective of humanity. I don't even want us to understand him enough to attribute a motive to any of his actions.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Since the soul concept drives Project Eternity, a similar concept should drive the gods or divinities

Include all entities among the gods: Rocks; plants; animals; people; monsters; meteorological, terrestial, celestial phenomena, etc. All things participate in divinity. People call their participation 'soul,' other entities have other names.

Divinities, of course, obey a strict hierarchy. The divinity in trees (some call them 'nymphs') obey the seasons. The slow or sleepy divinity of mountains and hills in part are obedient to the winds, and rivers. Mortals cannot but be obedient to the divinity present in death (or in rebirth as it may be perceived).

This makes ample room for the strength of 'soul' to function as an important mechanic. For the strong or pure souled they express the energies of their inner divinities in world-changing deeds, deeds to which other entities are obedient. These divinities do not slumber long, they seek expression as entities that have powerful effects on the world and cosmos.

Goodness is then an expression of these inner divinities. One behaves badly when one does not attend to them, when one is willful.

From this basic outline, one could describe all variety of hiearchies of divinity and philosophies about how one should attend to or transform one's place in the cosmos.

• Like 1

What about a transcendent god that is actually not of this dimension/universe, but actually from an even higher plane of existence. Operating by a set of rules not in the traditional spectrum of good-evil but by some other scale not understood by humans. Their motives for interacting in this world only mysteriously connected to something it did or invested in an age before ages.

Perhaps this god exists in a universe where the gods of this universe even worship it. So a god so godlike that even gods worship it. Imagine something so transcendent and how it would view us would be like how you would view the playthings of your playthings. That's how they would interact with this world.

The interesting thing about this god is perhaps it provides an even more interesting perspective on the Eternity Universe, that even the gods of this world have gods they worship.

What if at some point, there's some fourth-wall breaking where you realize this transcendent god is actually... you. Mind blown baby.

Lordy, did I get excited at this idea haha. I tend to enjoy the idea of flawed Gods and Goddesses because it always adds an extra dimension to not only the Gods, but also their worshippers. So when I start creating Gods or Goddesses for writing there tends to be a duality to them. There was another Goddess I would've created besides the ones I list below, but I need sleep. I will probably add on as time goes by potentially. Basically she would be considered a Goddess of locks and to a lesser degree security. While she may be worshipped by those wanting to have their homes, loved ones, or things safe guarded, she would also be worshipped by criminals for the purpose to gain easy entry or locks open with ease. Considering how in my mind she's a bit of an imp she would certainly go either way. Creation was tricky since we don't know what cultural norms are within the chosen society for this (or these?) pantheons and that can be highly influencing. I was also guilty of thinking of it in relation to potential quests or influences on mechanics, but that is pretty glossed over for the characters. Lack of cultural cues also caused the names to be all over the place instead of with a uniformity. So, here are a few I've created. I will state that I see the overall "mother and father" of this group rather remote and might not even be their actual parents, but just taking on the role. Anyways, brace for wall of text!

Goddesses:

Alora, Goddess of the Lost and a Guide of Souls. Tall, thin, and a pale blue woman with long hair swept back in a dark blue ribbon. Blue is considered her color along with violets and grays. The reason for this is because she voluntarily took away all of her warmth and compassion to fulfill this role when the pantheon asked for a volunteer. Scholars believe her choice had been influenced because she lost her only child. The gender of the child is a mystery, but it is agreed this was her only one. There are quite a few theories about how she lost the child: killed by her jealous brother Camaroon (and there are many theories over why he was jealous), that when Alora had possessed warmth and compassion it was too much, resulting in either the neglect or smothering of her child; there is even a theory it was all a careless accident during one of the many petty fights among the gods. However, the factions within her church are divided by the reason she volunteered. There are those who believe she had become a guide of the lost and souls to find her child (either living or not). Others that she had done so in grief that continues for eternity. Others still that she had decided to become the guide to try and prevent other mothers from feeling her sorrow while trying to soothe those who have moved on and ones left behind. This particular theory though is controversial, but as a smaller faction is grows slowly in popularity around wartimes. Now, her favored creature is considered the willow wisp (or whatever would be considered equivalent there) because they are generally considered guides to the lost. Some say these wisps are actually souls employed by her or her lantern. She has particular patronage among sailors, mothers, wives, travelers, rangers, and people of woodcraft. Alora rarely speaks. Messages are usually interpreted from how she would hold her shuttered lantern or how she would shut or open the shutter. It is generally accepted that this is more of a voluntary silence and many would be wise to listen should she decide to speak.

Meredith the Goddess of cloth, marriage, and fertility. She's a curly, dark haired and dark eyed woman. The colors associated with her tend to be oranges and reds due to the nature of her Goddess hood. The reason she is also a Goddess of cloth is because of the cloth exchanged between soon-to-be husbands and wives for marriage clothes and the first outfits made for a baby (a cultural assumption here). Many of her worshippers tend to be weavers, cloth makers, seamstresses, tailors, and others that are involved with cloth. Many of her temples are not only places of worship, but also sell cloth, which is noted for being strong and sturdy. It is almost considered unlucky to not get your wedding cloth from one of her temples. Otherwise she's popular for those wishing a good match or birth from those intimately involved or the family surrounding the couple. She's considered loving and full of laughter, but practical for the end result. She will gladly think marrying a dowdy lawyer a suitable match over the singing chanter, whether or not feelings are involved. This has caused more than a few to curse her name due to their married partner. They say if a child is born who laughs instead of cries then she has blessed him or her. On the other side, if a child is still born that means Meredith had become too fond of the babe and decided to keep him for herself and will burn her cloth in retaliation. These reactions have often put her at odds with Alora and her brother Chelek. She favors the (whatever would be the equivalent) kookaburra due to its laugh, which is also considered a blessing at weddings. However, many husbands and blushing brides have also been embarrassed by her laughter on their wedding night.

Gods:

Chelek the God of love. He has a very dual personality as he is considered extremely alpha and macho, but is also known for being tender and vulnerable. Many think it's because Chelek does not want to be limited to displaying only a particular kind of love while others argue he shows love as a form of manipulation. This also leads him to a slight manic personality being caught between such different ways of love. His worshippers are commonly divided between the idea of love being shown in many different forms and using love to get what one wants. No one is really surprised his worshippers tend to be star-crossed lovers, serial cheaters, prostitutes, and newlyweds. Chelek is one of the younger Gods with Meredith being his closest older sister. Some stories say Meredith actually made him out of cloth as a present to her mother and father. This does not stop him from fighting with her. On the contrary he’s usually the one to start things. Typically it’s over something she has done or a match she decided on. There is no particular color association with his role; the common joke is because he can't decide because he loves them all. He's also constantly changing his appearance, though he favors short auburn hair and a chin strap beard.

Parson as God of the Hunt and Animals. Fierce, animalistic, and without fault blood thirsty when the possibility of a hunt occurs. He has motley green hair and a thick beard. Color association is generally green, but also brown. He's at constant odds with his sisters and brothers as they tend to be in his way of a hunt or object to his choice of prey. They would not have these objections so often if humans were not considered one of his choices. Because of this there is the suggestion he is a little mad as Gods go. A sudden shiver down one’s spine has been associated with luck that Parson decided he did not want to hunt you that day. While his hunts do run the typical you’re dropped in the woods and you better run style, it can also mean constant business plans are failing or changing for instance. He actually has little regard for humans, finding the death of an animal more grievous compared to a human’s. Mainly because he believes they should know better, no matter what it was. There are positive associations with him, which usually means he has teamed up with his younger brother Chelek. More than once Parson has been preyed to by a suitor wanting to gain his or her quarry in love or lust. His worshippers also are hunters, those living among the woods, bounty hunters, and even law officials. Now, while one may be unlucky enough to be pursued by Parson, they may also be one of the rare lucky ones allowed to hunt with him. The criteria is unknown still as there have been noblemen, potters, brick layers, tailors, and even once a young housewife that has joined him on a hunt.

Pairs:

Tia and Tarus the God and Goddess of the Arts, particularly Music and Dance. Popular legend is they were only separated once, and that was at their birth. This has caused some suggestions of incest for their relationship, depending on how their stories are viewed. Their interest otherwise is more concerned on creating art, music, and dancing together. Tia and Tarus were born from a song created by their father to their considered mother, sprouting from the notes he had written down. Both are with a dark (almost a deep purple) hair color and tan skin. Sometimes they are depicted as teens instead of adults, depending on how the temple views their relationship. Red is associated with them due to the passion required for the arts. They are said to never be walking, but always waltzing or sashaying to their destinations together. Generally their worshippers are artists or those wishing to gain the talent. There are a few pieces (name what you like) that are considered works where the twins led Insert Famous Composer/Artist Here to completion. There are also some they are blamed for driving to madness from the need to create. Animals they are found of tend to be birds, not only for their songs, but also those that tend to mate for life like the swan. They generally keep to themselves, content to create with each other while trying to ignore their siblings’ squabbles. However, it is said they can certainly change the tide of a fight should they pick a side, such is the power of their art.

Unknown:

Irid is the Keeper of Secrets. So secretive that many are clueless as to Irid's gender. (Cultural assumption here) It’s created the phrase “So-and-So is over there trying to figure out if Irid is a man or woman” as a way of saying someone is wasting their time. Color association tends to be brown due to the robe ze wears. Hir most dedicated followers will shave their head in hir likeness as ze has shaved hir head. Irid’s worshippers will not remain in their temples, but wander the streets and back alleys as to give any a chance to share their secrets with them. Some nobles or merchants will employ their own personal Keepers. All secrets are committed to memory, even if they are never to be said aloud or written down. Should a person be lucky enough to tell Irid all their secrets when confessing they say it feels like their soul has been washed anew (cultural and game play assumption here). However, because this knowledge is considered so sacred it is considered a grave breach for a follower to share with someone, even if for a good reason. The fact Irid loves secrets (why is up to debate since Irid never shared) have led to a number of conflicts between hir brothers and sisters. Most of the stories give the reason as either Irid being told something ze shouldn’t have been or ze knows something another of hir siblings wishes to know. Alora has a particular grudge against hir. Scholars believe it might involve how Alora lost her child. This same grudge revolves around a rumored book Irid has where ze kept the Gods’ secrets, but scholars go back and forth on whether it exists. Worshippers tend to be scholars, historians, criminals, and general seekers of knowledge.

Edited by Clutzy

I think a couple of folks mentioned this up above, but I would really enjoy at least one god who is so absolutely remote, so alien to human thought, that we simply can't comprehend his motives. ...And I want him to do stuff. I don't want him to be the big bad guy, but I want a definitely feeling that he's just working towards some crazy assed goal no one else understands.

You have been assimilated...

markoftzeentch.jpg

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Personally, I think we need a really wacky god, someone like Dionysus and not just as some ancillary god. A prominent one.

Lol that was exactly what I was going to suggest :D

Dionysus is my favorite Greek God, I scored 5/5 or A in every school test about Greek mythology for some reason (I can't recall everything now but when I start reading about it slightly it all comes up more and more). A playful God that doesn't care much about anything but playing, a childish God fer sure. And in this childishness a ruthlessness.

Baldr is also an interesting God, possibly inspired by Dionysus and Akilles I'm sure. Doesn't seem to come through in the wikipedia link (I confess, I skimmed it) but he was very popular among the ladies, and immortal to all harm except one thing that his mother had forgotten to ask for protection (his mother asked every thing in the world and universe to not be able to harm Baldr, all except one mistletoe bush where an arrow was crafted from by Loki to shoot Baldr. Yeah not at all like how Marvel portrays it right? ;)). Saint George and the Dragon is an interesting one as well, not really a God *shrug*

Gods based on the 7 sins and 7 virtues for inspiration. Adam and Josh, find information on Berserk please, there's 5 pretty mean Gods (there isn't much known about them but just seeing their appearances and their implemention/presentation into the Berserk series should spring to mind some inspiration). Ah nevermind, here you go.

@PayPal: Will it be possible to selflessishly donate to Obsidian without getting any more rewards but in faith of the project or for simply wanting to provide more (even though extremely minor) money and resources for the game. I mean, if I would send you guys 5 bucks a month til the project is finished you'd get about a petty 100 bucks extra, now imagine 100 people doing that, or even 1000. I mean, we all want a great game and provides resources in each our own way. I kind of want to pay P:E as a project, other than paying for it when it has released of course, not because I want rewards or because I want to invest money into it and call it 0.0001% mine, but because I believe in this project and want to help in whichever way possible for it to be as enjoying for as many people as possible :) a piece of art.

Edited by Osvir

I really like the idea of having mysteries in a game, so It would be nice to have a god that the player has to work to discover. Something like Vecna from D&D. The player would have to read books and search for clues about the god, and eventually find some lost temple. Ideally, the game wouldn't hold the player's hand in finding this deity, and there would still be some unanswered questions about his/her motives and practices in the end.

With my luck, the god of swamps is probably some dead deity, whose temple is buried beneath the lowest level of the Endless Paths :(

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oboy, where to begin! *tongue in cheek*

The kind of Gods I'd like to see:

-Well written trickster gods (not the giggly madmen of the Elder Scroll-series), at least to the standard of the Norse god Loki. But I'd love to see a smart, witty and ever so powerful trickster god of Q in Star Trek!

-Gorth mentioned "assimilated", so I wouldn't mind some sort of God mapped on the Borg Queen as well, something of a mix between a clockwork God and a God obsessed with logic and order and the spreading of those qualities

-Gods like Janus, "organized around a simple principle: that of presiding over all beginnings and transitions, whether abstract or concrete, sacred or profane. Interpretations concerning the god's fundamental nature either limit it to this general function or emphasize a concrete or particular aspect of it (identifying him with light, the sun, the moon, time, movement, the year, doorways, bridges etc.)" (Wikipedia). Mind you, this is not the same as a mere guardian God, it is the passing and its sacred essence that counts.

-A clever evil God who have been masking as a good god for a long time and now he/she is showing his/her true colours, or even better, the good followers start doing evil deeds without them realizing it, th evil God stay masked and the goodness-scam keeps on going.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Just please include the god of alcohol, chuck norris.

On a more serious note (ironically) I'd like to see a god that had a very lewd sense of humor, and he would get drunk on whatever gods drink.

Think of that embarassing drunk uncle who told the dirtiest jokes and laughed at them louder than anyone.

He would arm wrestle you and dare you to eat hot peppers, call you a wuss and fight with his brothers.

A ragged looking fellow with a beer gut, but a very strong frame and arms.

His eyes would be as bloodshot red as his ears and nose, and his breath could turn the undead, not by some power but sheer aroma.

He'd have the power of courage on his side, and his weakness would be reason, or some sort of dui check for gods.

Worshipiing him requires a night of heavy drinking, possibly a game of poker or hearts, and when he plays he's bluffs about being a bluffer and really plays conservatively most of the time.

His laugh should be one of his most defining features, loud yet pleasantly contagious and slightly fuzzy around the edges. He should clap people on the shoulders and back constantly, and become incredibly enraged when challenged. However, after the battle the former enemies should form a grand friendship.

You mean bacchanal?

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html