I predict that this board will temporarily die tomorrow.

i'll only get bgee when (if) bg2ee comes out

coz i hate chewing my elbows in wait 'till late summer 2013 (or more)

well

since u guys r on this forum,

i'm pretty sure most of u r familiar with the feeling

PS:

this is exactly why i hate myself for playing witcher 2

without making sure if it would the end of the story or no

i'll only get bgee when (if) bg2ee comes out

coz i hate chewing my elbows in wait 'till late summer 2013 (or more)

well

since u guys r on this forum,

i'm pretty sure most of u r familiar with the feeling

PS:

this is exactly why i hate myself for playing witcher 2

without making sure if it would the end of the story or no

True, I like to have closure :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

BG:EE is the perfect excuse for me to *cough*playBG1allthewaythroughforthefirsttime*cough*

• Like 3
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Despite my practically empty checking account I've bought it. That's Hype for you.

Edit: my downloader crashes often and downloads about about 1kb/s :(

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

^That sucks :(

the other downloader works fine though. ;)

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I've kinda ignored the BG:EE for now, too much other stuff to do right now. But I did get PS:T from gog.com (lost my old discs) a week ago and I'm replaying it for the first time in 5+ years. It has aged surprisingly well, still my favourite game ever.

Just finished a playtrough of BGT (BG1 modded into BG2) a couple of weeks ago. Played it at 960 x 600 (because there is no scaling involved when I play it on my 1920x1200 monitor and in the monitor's native resolution the game is too tiny for my taste) There was plenty of NPC interaction in the BG1 part thanks to a mod, there were a couple of new NPCs in both parts thanks to mods, thieving was especially enjoyable this time thanks to a mod, there were new quests and areas thanks to mods, and that even was a low modded playtrough without the really big quest mods.

So why buy the game again, bother with DRM for an Arena mod that isn't linked to the main game, and two new NPCs? This isn't about checking for interest whether such games still find an audience, it's just about squeezing a bit of extra money out of those strange guys that still want to play such games. IMO investing that money into the PE Kickstarter was a better choice.

Right now I'm playing a couple of NWN mods, and plan to finally play KOTOR2 + TSLRCM 1.8 during the christmas holidays.

Edited by JOG

"You are going to have to learn to think before you act, but never to regret your decisions, right or wrong. Otherwise, you will slowly begin to not make decisions at all."

BG:EE is the perfect excuse for me to *cough*playBG1allthewaythroughforthefirsttime*cough*

just die in hell :banghead:

lucky bathturd :luck:

hehe, me too you know. never played BG1.

---

This board isn't anywhere slow enough to be considered "dead".

As for BG:EE, I'll wait on it. Like so many others, I have plenty of games I'd like to do before it. (Though I will say that I'm weird and I enjoyed BG1 a heck of a lot more than BG2.)

Same here. I loved the openness I felt in BG1. I didn't mind the "empty" areas to explore either. It felt more real to me. I wouldn't expect something to happen in every map.

Go buy BG1 and 2 + expanions for cheaper then the BG:EE... Sure you will have to spend 5-50min fixing modes (depending on your internet connection). But hey atleast you get both the games... BG:EE is one game for twice the price with fan fixes. I would play the normal BG... But well im working my way past BaK again.

hehe, me too you know. never played BG1.

I gave it a go after finishing BG2 twice, but that was before I knew anything about modding, I just couldn't get into it and never got very far.
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

But well im working my way past BaK again.

BaK.. is that Betrayal at Krondor? or something else?

I couldn't get into BaK but played the hell out of RTK (Return to Krondor) which was essentially my first CRPG - if you don't count Zork... :yes:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Does anyone knows if the weidu mods will work with BGEE?

Weidu doesn't work with BG:EE....yet. The modding community will be busy fixing that over the next month or so.

Beyond that, the Baldur's Gate forums have a sticky at the top giving tips on both which mods are confirmed to still work with BG:EE and how some now non-compatible mods can be made to work. A number of the best modders of days past seem to be making a return to update their mods for BG:EE, too, though that may take time.

I'd love to have the BG1 NPC mod, Ascension/Redemption/Longer Road, BG2 Flirt/Banter packs and some of the best NPC mods (Saulfein for instance) working with BG:EE. :yes:

(Yep I like mods adding more depth to the NPCs)

Edited by Kimuji

I'd love to have the BG1 NPC mod, Ascension/Redemption/Longer Road, BG2 Flirt/Banter packs and some of the best NPC mods (Saulfein for instance) working with BG:EE. :yes:

(Yep I like mods adding more depth to the NPCs)

The main programmer on BG1 NPC Project is a beta tester on BG:EE, so the Enhanced Edition version should be up and running before long. But the others you won't see until BG2:EE is released anyway.

I have a pretty interesting topic of conversation that I want to discuss, but I'm a little scared of the response. I'm going to think it over a little before posting. Tomorrow. :)

You can't just leave us like that. What was it?! What topic?!

Anyway, I'd love to know how BG:EE turns out. I'm playing the unenhanced version (six bleeding discs and everything) at the moment. The only thing that I find lacking is the companion dialogue. For the most part, I feel like I could have made my whole party myself and not missed much. If they add a lot of dialogue, I might actually pick it up.

Patience, friend. :)

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Just finished a playtrough of BGT (BG1 modded into BG2) a couple of weeks ago. Played it at 960 x 600 (because there is no scaling involved when I play it on my 1920x1200 monitor and in the monitor's native resolution the game is too tiny for my taste) There was plenty of NPC interaction in the BG1 part thanks to a mod, there were a couple of new NPCs in both parts thanks to mods, thieving was especially enjoyable this time thanks to a mod, there were new quests and areas thanks to mods, and that even was a low modded playtrough without the really big quest mods.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, NPC interation is the only thing I find lacking in my current BG1 playthrough. I've never messed around with mods, but I would really like to know what mod(s) you used to fix that particular flaw.