I predict that this board will temporarily die tomorrow.

Probably not... why spend money on a game I already have?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Honestly I'm not overly interested in the BGEE. Don't get me wrong I think it's a good thing but I've already played it and as much as touched up graphics and a little bit of extra content is a nice draw it probably won't be enough to get me to shell out the money for it. Mostly it's because as much as I loved the BG series I've found that the combat systems didn't hold up very well over time. I find them a bit dull when I replay them now-a-days. So in the end I'll skip it. Maybe I'll give it a shot on my brothers I-pad whenever he visits but that's about it.

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

This board has been dead for quite a while. It was crazy when the kickstarter was going. Right now, it's relatively quiet.

I've been trying to think of something interesting to say, but frankly there's only so much you can talk about with information we've already had for awhile. It'll pick up once we have new info to chew on.

• Like 1

I have a pretty interesting topic of conversation that I want to discuss, but I'm a little scared of the response. I'm going to think it over a little before posting. Tomorrow. :)

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

I have a pretty interesting topic of conversation that I want to discuss, but I'm a little scared of the response. I'm going to think it over a little before posting. Tomorrow. :)

You can't just leave us like that. What was it?! What topic?!

Anyway, I'd love to know how BG:EE turns out. I'm playing the unenhanced version (six bleeding discs and everything) at the moment. The only thing that I find lacking is the companion dialogue. For the most part, I feel like I could have made my whole party myself and not missed much. If they add a lot of dialogue, I might actually pick it up.

Not sure if I'll be picking up BG:EE - I don't know if it's much better than the getup GoG offers in terms of the game play. Is it be really worth it to buy it again, albeit having the new characters and adventures, when the one I have is currently working. I'm eager to find out, because I will buy it if it IS worth it.

Screw you Firedorn!

Never rub another man's rhubarb

I'm going to wait a bit before I buy it. Not because it doesn't look awesome, but because I'm tapped out right now.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I was thinking about reloading BG back in September and dreading the process of figuring out what mods in what order and not happy with all the changes from the original just to play in higher resolutions when I first heard about BG:EE and I preordered it on the spot.

The only bad news is I'll be at work when it releases tomorrow and probably wont get more than a couple hours to fool with it until Sunday - after that I'm hoping it will fill the void until PE releases... :yes:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I have mixed thoughts on it. While I like that they are attempting to 'enhance' it, I'm not sure I'll like their enhancements. The game was awesome to begin with, and I've played through it three times over the years. Very few other games have that distinction with me. I've also bought it three times as I lost discs or they got damaged (no other game has that distinction with me), a fourth time I don't know about.

If they enhance it like Lucas 'enhanced' episodes 4-6, I'll pass.

That said I still may contribute anyways as I appreciate the efforts to bring back and possibly create more infinity like games (hence my support of PE).

I'm going to wait for some reviews on it before I make a decision. In particular I'm interested if it's a better game than BG 1 with the community 'enhancements' from gibberlings3, pocketplane, spellholdstudies, etc.

It's a real shame (major understatement) that the art for the game was lost. A HD version of Baldur's Gate would definitely have been something I would buy, and if there was one enhancement to that game I'd have liked to see that would have been it. How on earth those assets were lost is beyond me.

I own 4 copies of the game, and have one modded to the moon and back. Honestly, the DRM scheme killed my interest. While I applaud their enhancement of the game, why would I pay 20 bucks for a DRMed version that's probably only marginally better than my non-DRMed modded GOG version?

So no, I won't be playing it tomorrow or anytime soon. Besides, I've got a 'backlog' of somewhere on the order of 100 games to play, which should just about take me to the launch of PE. :p

I wish I was more excited about BGEE, but I ain't. It doesn't really add anything that isn't already available through mods and the new area they've made isn't even implemented into the core game. I'm sure I'd love it on my iPod if I had one but I don't!

I own 4 copies of the game, and have one modded to the moon and back. Honestly, the DRM scheme killed my interest. While I applaud their enhancement of the game, why would I pay 20 bucks for a DRMed version that's probably only marginally better than my non-DRMed modded GOG version?

So no, I won't be playing it tomorrow or anytime soon. Besides, I've got a 'backlog' of somewhere on the order of 100 games to play, which should just about take me to the launch of PE. :p

There's no drm.

This board has been dead for quite a while. It was crazy when the kickstarter was going. Right now, it's relatively quiet.

I have every intention of playing BGEE, but I'll comment on these forums when I want to :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You can't just leave us like that. What was it?! What topic?!

It's probably about how it's too easy to save & load in BG.

What Wanderon said, getting it to play on a new computer is cumbersome and annoying. I pre-ordered and will enjoy revisiting BG1 with a BG2-system on top of it: More choices and classes and whatnot. And at that, it was a looong time since I played it the last time.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I as of now own 4 copies of Baldurs Gate, but the main reasons I bought this more or less boil down to a)BG2 improvements in BG1, b) a multiplayer that'll (hopefully) actually work without having to battle it, c)new content and d) I feel if I support it it's, more likely that well get more isometric RPGs in the future.

Played through both icewind dales in coop with my girlfriend using my disc copy for me / my gog copy for her, but trying to get baldurs gate to run in the same manner has been an exercise in futility...

i'll only get bgee when (if) bg2ee comes out

coz i hate chewing my elbows in wait 'till late summer 2013 (or more)

well

since u guys r on this forum,

i'm pretty sure most of u r familiar with the feeling

PS:

this is exactly why i hate myself for playing witcher 2

without making sure if it would the end of the story or no

Edited by kabaliero