Assassin's creed makes it better than RPGS

Wulfic

It really stunned me when I saw soooo much detail in Assassin's creed 3. A dog chasing a cat ( with nice animations ) sooo many animals in the wilds. The taverns are so damn atmospheric with ppl drinking,dancing,singing,playing instruments and playing board games and so on and the cities so full of ppl of life it is AMAZING. The atmosphere of the game is incredible every one is doing something and talking to each while in rpgs ppl mostly walk,talk and well thats it. The closest to Assassins creed atmospheric cities was imho Witcher 2. I would be amazed if someone would actually make a triple AAA rpg ( which is nearly impossible ) on the engine of Assassin's where the cities would be finally crowded and HUUUUUUGE. IT WOULD BE AWESOME. It is sad that that Assassin which actually doesnt need this kind of things can afford it and crpgs do not :(.

Edited by Wulfic

It really stunned me when I saw soooo much detail in Assassin's creed 3. A dog chasing a cat ( with nice animations ) sooo many animals in the wilds. The taverns are so damn atmospheric with ppl drinking,dancing,singing,playing instruments and playing board games and so on and the cities so full of ppl of life it is AMAZING. The atmosphere of the game is incredible every one is doing something and talking to each while in rpgs ppl mostly walk,talk and well thats it. The closest to Assassins creed atmospheric cities was imho Witcher 2. I would be amazed if someone would actually make a triple AAA rpg ( which is nearly impossible ) on the engine of Assassin's where the cities would be finally crowded and HUUUUUUGE. IT WOULD BE AWESOME. It is sad that that Assassin which actually doesnt need this kind of things can afford it and crpgs do not :(.

Despite some bad reviews I am looking forward to playing AC3. I'll look out for the things you mentioned :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If it's anything like the recent games you will get tired of the four core game mechanics pretty quickly. The map shows you what kind of mission it is and you just do the same **** 50 times in different locations. There is no dialouge except cutscenes and you just don't ever feel invested in cut scenes. Jumping around on rooftops combined with the jumping puzzles are my favorite thing about the series, but it's not enough for a whole game.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

If it's anything like the recent games you will get tired of the four core game mechanics pretty quickly. The map shows you what kind of mission it is and you just do the same **** 50 times in different locations. There is no dialouge except cutscenes and you just don't ever feel invested in cut scenes. Jumping around on rooftops combined with the jumping puzzles are my favorite thing about the series, but it's not enough for a whole game.

Okay that does sound a little boring, I'll still try it though. Would you say its the worse AC compared to the earlier ones?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I haven't played it, just going on every Assassins Creed game made. The first one had tons of unskippable dialouge. They stopped doing that but didn't put anything better in its place unfortunately. So yes, the first thing you think when you play an AssCreed game is 'I wish there was more' because the basics are really good.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Size of cities and number of inhabitants in AC are much larger than in RPGs because in action games people don't expect to be able to interact with every single NPC and enter every single house. At least if one compares to open-world RPGs; linear RPGs like BioWare ones don't really have an excuse.

Cities like Denerim and Kirkwill were laughably bad --- Vizima was quite a decent city. Ferdok and Nadoret in the Drakensang games were excellent as well.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Size and number of inhabitants in AC is much larger than in RPGs because in action games people don't expect to be able to interact with every single NPC and enter every single house. At least if one compares to open-world RPGs; linear RPGs like BioWare ones don't really have an excuse.

Cities like Denerim and Kirkwill were laughably bad --- Vizima was quite a decent city. Ferdok and Nadoret in the Drakensang games were excellent as well.

Heh, just having finished my play through of DA:O, the bolded hit home for me. Denerim's supposed to be the New York or Los Angeles of Ferelden, so to speak. Crowds of people wherever you look. Instead, there's like a handful of folks standing around, but the place is otherwise deserted.

If Assassin's Creed does one thing well, it's the atmosphere of the cities. They really do feel like actual cities full of people, rather than just an empty space.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

BioWare cities would be good if one would visit them only once. They usually make a very good first impression, it's upon returning that the illusion is shattered. The Citadel in Mass Effect games is another good example (but at least in the third game things change slightly).

Unless I misremember the Imperial City in Jade Empire is likely the most crowded and lively city BioWare ever made.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I love randomly killing people in the streets in AC using the silent method. I don't kill enough to get the level reset but whenever someone annoys me, like commenting on my actions, they are as good as dead :)

John Milton 

• 3 months later...

I've never really gotten into the AC games. I just picked out 2, however. now that Uplay has an offline mode, I'll start getting their stuff. 2 seems like the best off-line game.

As far as 3 goes, I was at a buddy's house right after he picked it out. It looked okay, but it had one major problem that had he screaming at the screen. The redcoats are just waiting around for you to kill them one-on-one. If you're surrounded, and I'm a redcoat, and I see you killing my buddies right-left and center: I'm shooting at you as much as I can.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I'll always love the first game the most, sure the long winded cutscenes were strange, the story was cheesy, the 4 mission types that always repeated were annoying and the fighting mechanics were a little stiff.. But I really felt like they wanted to try something and they took a chance.. After nr 2 it just seems so bland and uninspired, they took the annoying parts out, but in the process they took out some of the geist too.

Fortune favors the bald.

And the **** in the neighborhood probably does it better than my girlfriend, but I rather have sex with my girlfriend than with her... I will not feel so cheap and dirty after playing with her...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

ac 1 and 2 and the first expansion to 2 were great

ac3 has a great setting but is filled with terrible missions and so many horrendous design decisions its actually kind of awe inspiring

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

You guys need to try the Gothic games if you want atmospheric, open worlds that feel alive.

At least Gothic and Gothic 2 plus the Night of the Raven expansion.They have awesome worlds.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And the **** in the neighborhood probably does it better than my girlfriend, but I rather have sex with my girlfriend than with her... I will not feel so cheap and dirty after playing with her...

So serious

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Aptly put.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Most RPG makers are uncreative in things outside of their realm. Case in point - regards to the South Park game, for a demo, Obsidian had a generic as hell cave quest and when Matt and Trey saw it, they immediately made better suggestions to improve it. That's why I don't fully buy into this "evil publisher" idea that is pushing Kickstarter. A lot of the time, there needs to be someone outside of the nerd bubble to suggest things for improvement.

That specific example was a tech demo where Obsidian devs were showing off a potential bossfight involving one of the south park kids riding a huge bat. The critique from Matt and Trey was that it wasn't "south parky" enough.

Don't think it was ever shown to the public (nor was it intended to).

You guys need to try the Gothic games if you want atmospheric, open worlds that feel alive.

At least Gothic and Gothic 2 plus the Night of the Raven expansion.They have awesome worlds.

Really?? I was too busy fighting with clunky combat mechanics to notice..

(Signatures: disabled)