Fine Art

obyknven

I was thinking more about the lines of this:

Picture1%2855%29.jpg

I wonder what the (great) artist's intention was when he pronounced the nose so much? Is it a clever social commentary? Interpret plz.

I was trying to avoid anti-Semitic posters.

What's to interpret? Most caricatures exaggerate the subject's most prominent facial features. That one pokes fun at the Semitic nose.

Knight%27s_Cross_of_the_Iron_Cross_First_Class_SSLAH.jpg

Edited by Agelastos

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

Profanes can't understand art.

16009b.jpg

What marvellous humility, to identify yourself as among the profane without even the egotism of words! And what stupendous self-mortification, to do it over and over again...

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Lybia wasn't invaded though. We provided air support to a protracted civil war,

ib2dFrNbSwSDss.gif

Let me fix that for you:

Lybia wasn't invaded though. We provided air support to a protracted civil war, although we did create it and fund it, and even sent some troops on the ground to make sure our useless illegitimate revolutionaries get the job done.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

We saw opportunity, much like muslim militants everywhere did with the Arab spring. We could help instate a friendly democratic government in place of Ghaddafi. and we made lemonade in the proverbial sense, with air support and special forces ground spotters. That's not an invasion.

Also, don't do that. People who haven't read the thread will think I actually wrote that.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Uhm, no. You killed innocent civilians, wrecked yet another country's infrastructure, instigated the murder of its head of state (regardless of who or what else he was) and installed a puppet government to gain a hold over its considerable oil reserves, amongst other things.

No one with an above room temperature IQ is fooled.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think a brilliant way to subtly undermine democracy and usher in a bright new dawn of Communist ideological hegemony is to spam an obscure corner of the internet with childish propaganda pieces scribbled by artists with a jackboot fetish. Wish I'd thought of it first.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

Posting real Fine Art in a "fine art" thread. OH SNAP Anyone notice a difference between Russian fine art (the second and third images,) and Russian propaganda?

Gustav Klimt's Lady With a Fan
KJsmFiW.jpg

Valentin Serov's The Girl With Peaches
HE1vWum.jpg

Ivan Aivazovsky's The Ninth Wave
X3jghvM.jpg

Part of Ai Weiwei's Study of Perspective Series (Red Square, Moscow)

uAfHbtl.jpg

Don't know who the douchebag benedictevans is, putting his watermark on Ai Weiwei's work.

Part of Ai Weiwei's Study of Perspective Series (White House, Washington D.C.)

K5vqr1D.jpg

I think a brilliant way to subtly undermine democracy and usher in a bright new dawn of Communist ideological hegemony is to spam an obscure corner of the internet with childish propaganda pieces scribbled by artists with a jackboot fetish. Wish I'd thought of it first.

A video game company's forum with a user who never posts about video games. It's a brilliant coup.

Edited by AGX-17

• 4 months later...