What are you playing now?

Gorth

Working on a Cultural/Diplomatic type game for Civilization 5.

Do you ever feel racist while playing Civilization? I mean I’m just playing Civ3 and getting attacked by the Japanese and can’t help but say “damn japs just attacked my western border.” I mean at first I think nothing of it, but then there's like a delayed reaction, probably from me being a southerner, that just says “wasn’t that just a little bit racist?”

Ohh time to nuke the Germans…Oh playing the Assassin's Creed’s so when I play AC3 the stories well be fresh in my mind.

Edited by Cariannis

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

What I meant to play? The new Deus Ex, or Alpha Protocol, or Theatre of War, or the New Jagged Alliance. Started them all even.

What am I replaying now? Medieval Total War 2 with Stainless Steel. For the millionth time.

Dammit.

I was trying to play something on my netbook when I noticed the battery was at 3% even when I had it plugged in. Then it died. Turns out the charger is broken. Checked when I bought it. 2010-12-27. In the EU, you have a 2 year warranty on things like these.. It will be fun to see what they say when I bring it back to the store today :)

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Do you ever feel racist while playing Civilization? I mean I’m just playing Civ3 and getting attacked by the Japanese and can’t help but say “damn japs just attacked my western border.” I mean at first I think nothing of it, but then there's like a delayed reaction, probably from me being a southerner, that just says “wasn’t that just a little bit racist?”

Ohh time to nuke the Germans…Oh playing the Assassin's Creed’s so when I play AC3 the stories well be fresh in my mind.

You can feel like a terrible person now, I never do that :p

I feel rather detached from the who's who in that game. And if I see them as anything I label them with the leader's name.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I am going to vision you as Walking Dead game's Kenny from now on

You can feel like a terrible person now, I never do that :p

I feel rather detached from the who's who in that game. And if I see them as anything I label them with the leader's name.

Yeah, sometimes I felt a bit bad when I was going "dammit, that Gandhi is such a backstabbing bastard". :)

They dropped him from later versions I think? Maybe that's why.

It doesn't help that the majority late-game enemies and raid bosses are typically shielded and armored so fire elemental weapons are useless against them. Coupled with the resistance applied to all enemies in TVH mode it's pretty troublesome (it seems as though it rolls for each hit to determine whether or not the enemy will resist the damage.)

Hm. I don't remember the resistances being that big a deal. Occasionally with certain enemy types or the big bosses, but most of the time their resistance was based on their shield and as soon as you get the shield off the resistance went away. That said, I did find in the later game that I largely used the poison weapons with the occasional lightning weapon switch. Didn't seem to be much reason to use anything else.

Never tried that ultimate uber boss thing tho. After doing Crawmax dozens and dozens of times in BL1, just didn't feel like doing similar again in BL2. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Been playing a bit of the Sims 3 again, which is one of those games I tend to play whenever I have spare time but don't have any other game that I *really* want to get into so to speak. It's pretty "trashy" entertainment, but it can be kinda fun to fiddle around with stuff.

Of course, somehow I always end up try to make as dysfunctional families as possible.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I was trying to play something on my netbook when I noticed the battery was at 3% even when I had it plugged in. Then it died. Turns out the charger is broken. Checked when I bought it. 2010-12-27. In the EU, you have a 2 year warranty on things like these.. It will be fun to see what they say when I bring it back to the store today :)

Turned out the 2 year warranty was only for the actual computer. Things like the battery and the charger come with a 6 month (!) warranty, but the store I bought it from thinks that sucks so they offer a voluntary 1 year warranty.. neither of which helped me much. 1688 SEK later, it's aliiiive! I will now decide Tale's fate by playing Deponia on it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Plans to play Arx Fatalis or the Resident Evil remake were momentarily scrapped when I found out that Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden was released in OS X. The game affords a hilarious look into an alternate universe where basketball is actually as important as its most overenthusiastic fans believe it is.

This is probably the only game where I can honestly say that my favorite parts are the save points. All of them subject you to the shrill and deluded rantings of an elitist otaku for several paragraphs before you are finally allowed to save your game, and these rants are some of the most hilarious parts of the games. I also love how, whenever you are told that you missed an important item in a previous area, it always turns out that this is just the game blatantly lying to you to make you feel bad.

Actually, the absolute highlight of the game for me may be the dating sim where you must woo a rather pathetic WNBA player for a space dwarf whose skin has been grafted over with basketballs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVpgnSonGa4

Edited by oldhomehaibane

I am going to vision you as Walking Dead game's Kenny from now on

Funny because we’re both from Florida. He’s from Fort Lauderdale though sadly the game didn’t get that accent right. For some reason companies always use the Jacksonville accent for anyone from Florida.

Edit: Tactically speaking I’m surprised Kenny didn’t get some explosives and blow the Sanibel Island bridge, they could have had a much more defensive position. Fishing at that lighthouse alone could have lasted them years.

Edited by Cariannis

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

still playing borderlands 2 with Mrs. entrerix

also replaying dark souls

just finished spec ops the line: its not a very good "game", but its worth playing for the narrative (its only about 7 hours to finish the game so i think its worth doing). i found myself wishing i had more freedom in it, but since the game is a bit of a statement regarding the CoD type games, it makes sense why its so linear.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Had a brief start on the Imperial Agent on TOR. Interesting as it starts, had to go with Operative when I hit fleet since the Sniper skill tree's are a bit too close to my Smuggler/Gunslinger. Want to have a different feel and explore different style of play with each different class...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, sometimes I felt a bit bad when I was going "dammit, that Gandhi is such a backstabbing bastard". :)

They dropped him from later versions I think? Maybe that's why.

Nah, Gandhi is still in. Half happiness penalty for people, double penalty for number of cities.

Beat SR3 recently, but I'm still coming back to it and SR2, they're both so damn fun.

I tried playing a bit of Homefront, and... agh, that hurt. I stopped playing after ten minutes, it was just so... bad.

On an off-note, I played through a popular Half-Life 2 Horror Mod called Nightmare House 2 last night. It was like a low budget schlock horror film in game form and yet so many people are scared by it for some reason despite it being the most cliche horror mod in existence. Fun to play, though.

Edited by Yes Man

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

I tried playing a bit of Homefront, and... agh, that hurt. I stopped playing after ten minutes, it was just so... bad.

From what I hear you pretty much played half-way through the single player camapign :p

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Working on a Cultural/Diplomatic type game for Civilization 5.

No, because I'm able to discern between concept nation-states and the concept of race. I also look at it on a personal basis. It's not "the japs" attacking me, it's "that **** Nobunaga" or "that insufferable prick Alexander," or "that sneaky backstabber Suleiman."

Anyway, I've got a Celtic(me)-Carthaginian(CPU) coalition against Rome. And I just realized, to my great dismay, that there's probably Boudica/Dido erotic fanfiction based on Civ V out there on the internet.

I miss Hannibal, regardless of historical (in)accuracy.

Edited by AGX-17

Borderlands 2. Though tomorrow I should break for Of Orcs and Men.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

God damn is Halo 4's MP annoying. You have to shoot your opponent a hundred times before he dies, and that's if he's not smart enough to hide behind a rock to let his shields replenish. I remember now why I prefer CoD's MP.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hubs reached Act2 in Dead Island. As usual he's skipping some quests and not exploring overmuch and missing opening chests and stuff, which always drives me crazy when I see it. :lol: Getting his butt whupped repeatedly...is it mean if I laugh? But he keeps on going. Oh oh, he found his first gun.

My method is exploring the first Act1 island to death. Not tons to see, but I must visit every hut, at least on first playthrough. Can't stand not knowing what's "over there."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got The Walking Dead for 12$. Excellent game so far, just finished Episode One.

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

So I've made 3 characters in Dead Island. Each one is fine for the first quest or two but if I go farther, they disappear on me when I exit to desktop/restart. No "continue" or chr. visible at all in-game menu. If I try to backup the save file and replace/overwrite it when this happens, it just says "corrupted". So I guess the patch doesn't fix things for everyone. :verymad:

Could uninstall/reinstall see if that does anything but not sure it's worth the bother.

So I've made 3 characters in Dead Island. Each one is fine for the first quest or two but if I go farther, they disappear on me when I exit to desktop/restart. No "continue" or chr. visible at all in-game menu. If I try to backup the save file and replace/overwrite it when this happens, it just says "corrupted". So I guess the patch doesn't fix things for everyone. :verymad:

Could uninstall/reinstall see if that does anything but not sure it's worth the bother.

Try turning off cloud storage on steam.

Has similar issues with some other game.