What are you playing now?

Gorth

Playing Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. Cute little game. This seems to fit in my "neat ideas" mood.

Also grabbed some Daedalic adventures from GOG's sale, so I'll have some story based games to either be enthralled or depressed by after that's done.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

One thing I find annoying about Max Payne 3 is that sometimes after a cutscene, I'll lose a gun I had equipped and be stuck facing a host of bad guys with only a pistol (which seems to be the default cutscene weapon).

One of the recent missions, I had this really powerful automatic rifle with quite a bit of ammo left, but after a cutscene I was left with only a pistol.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

One thing I find annoying about Max Payne 3 is that sometimes after a cutscene, I'll lose a gun I had equipped and be stuck facing a host of bad guys with only a pistol (which seems to be the default cutscene weapon).

ARGH

Metal Gear Solid 4 did this quite a few times.

ARGH

Metal Gear Solid 4 did this quite a few times.

Hitman 3 does this all the time. Sometimes you lose everything just by going through a door. Basically whenever there is a cutscene you cross your fingers that 47 isn't going to swap out his machinegun for a pistola. I get the reason, it's easier to get the difficulty just right if you control the inventory, but it's just too annoying,

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Guest The Architect

After going through the Steam version of Knights II I returned to my playthrough of Far Cry 3. I keep dying all the freaking time, though. You can't go anywhere on the damn island without running into someone trying to kill you every second.

It doesn't help that I'm not more stealthy, though. Sometimes you just get ambushed out of nowhere, with nowhere to run or hide, though.

Edited by The Architect

Dragon's Dogma. Was skeptical about this game, but have found it to be really good.

Glad to hear! I bought it as a Xmas present for my cousin and his PS3 not more than 2 hours ago. Shh.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Dragon's Dogma. Was skeptical about this game, but have found it to be really good.

Loved that game. My favorite console game of the year.

Been playing Black & White 1 & 2. Peter Molyneux might not always deliver on his promises, but he can make a good enough game.

I might also pick up the THQ bundle tomorrow and check out Saint's Row and the original Red Faction.

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

Spent too much time trying to get Dungeon Keeper 2 to run in high resolution. Apparently you can alter the registry and play in 1280x800 or 1920x1080, which looks great and all - relatively speaking - but then you lose all the text in the options type menus, meaning you can't save a game because the cursor isn't in the right place and the text is gone etc.

Oh well. So much for that.

post-11552-0-63471300-1356134724_thumb.jpg

...hm. Uploaded attachment seems to have been resized. Not that anyone is going to care, but the 1080 one is here.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I tried some ME3 multiplayer today, my first attempt since earlier in the year, and tried to do some of the challenges on the BSN. Sat in the lobby searching for any game on the Earth maps (part of the challenge this weekend), never found a game.

Is the MP even busy? I literally sat there "looking for game" for each of the Earth maps for about 5 minutes each, with no luck.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. A very fun little game.

Onto the Edna + Harvey games from Daedalic.

With this THQ Collection, I won't be running out of games to play any time soon. Plus, I finally get to play Space Marine!

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

I’m playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution (got it on sale at Gamestop x-mas shopping) and World of Tanks. Enjoying both so far. Swore I wasn’t going to buy another Deus Ex game after Invisible War but I couldn’t turn down a 10 dollar game.

Been meaning to pick up Dragon's Dogma but the fact that its made by Capcom has me a little cautions. Don’t know what I’ll do when Remember Me comes out.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

I'm a latecomer to NWN2. I'm about 90% through on Act I OC on two different characters. I'm currently trying to figure out if the Favored Soul is essentially broken unless you cheese levels from a turn undead class and get divine might at which point it feels massively overpowered. Also, why can't I have my way with the goat-girl? Just for once can we get a playful little romance that's not a "prince charming is our hero" cliché? It's about as difficult to find as a divine class that caters to chaotic and whimsical souls who choose to act because "that's just not right" instead of "duty, righteousness, and fealty."

I also have a some progress into The Witcher 2. My next little side project will be digging up my C64 emulator and playing my way through Gateway to the Savage Frontier, because I missed Neverwinter's debut in CRPGs. Hopefully Egosoft will get around to releasing X-Rebirth soon.

Edited by Luridis

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Tig's lp has me hankering for some bg2. I really should play bgee first (and take that char through both games, would be only the second time for that), but I'm stuck here with just the ipad and the current ipad bgee build is missing some crucial patches from the pc version...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Finished MGS3 yesterday. I think I'll rate it now higher than MGS2, but MGS1 is still better. Also it felt quite short.

Ordered MGS4 yesterday. Should arrive in the next days.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Going into Saints Row 2, I didn't expect to be fighting Marcus the Super Mutant.

Edited by Yes Man

I'm a latecomer to NWN2. I'm about 90% through on Act I OC on two different characters. I'm currently trying to figure out if the Favored Soul is essentially broken unless you cheese levels from a turn undead class and get divine might at which point it feels massively overpowered. Also, why can't I have my way with the goat-girl? Just for once can we get a playful little romance that's not a "prince charming is our hero" cliché? It's about as difficult to find as a divine class that caters to chaotic and whimsical souls who choose to act because "that's just not right" instead of "duty, righteousness, and fealty."

I also have a some progress into The Witcher 2. My next little side project will be digging up my C64 emulator and playing my way through Gateway to the Savage Frontier, because I missed Neverwinter's debut in CRPGs. Hopefully Egosoft will get around to releasing X-Rebirth soon.

Neeshka was going to be a romance option at one point but some of the companion quests and storypaths were cut or reduced in NWN2 for whatever reason (probably deadlines).

There is a mod floating around out there that adds some Neeshka flirt dialog options and a short scene at Crossroads Keep with her if you romance her. The modding community comes through, as usual.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks