What are you playing now?

Gorth

Finished the Legacy DLC for DA2. I found I enjoyed the story in Legacy much more interesting than what the main game offered. Maybe I'm just more of an "ancient evil" fan than a "templar versus mage" fan.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest The Architect

I'm playing Knights of the Old Republic II with TSLRCM 1.8 and occasionally Far Cry 3.

Despite the outdated graphics, Knights II is still playable and brilliant. If ever there were to be new Star Wars RPGs in the future, I don't think I'd like to see them being made by anyone other than Obsidian, unless there are writers out there for games as good as Avellone and co are.

Finally got around to playing Max Payne 3.

A couple of niggling issues for me thus far:

1-Only autosave function. At one point, I wanted to leave because I had something else I needed to do, but couldn't until the next checkpoint. I know this is a common feature in a lot of games, but God do I hate when you can't manually save any time you want.

2-Are the cutscenes supposed to ... blur? Is that supposed to represent Max being drunk, and you're looking through his drugged/drunk eyes? Or did I get a bad game disc?

The story's pretty good so far. Shooting mechanics are a little wonky, but tolerable.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

for 2? Yeah, it's your interface trying to say "Max is drunk and on vykadin." As to the Autosave function? I don't think you lose to much overall if you quit anywhere because once you know where the guys are you can make your way through the firefights quickly.

There is only one small issue that I have with the story, but I'll save that for when/if people want it to be said (it's kinda spoilertastic).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just finished MGS: Peace Walker. Not bad for a game made for a handheld device.

Now I'll probably continue with MGS3 or I finish Red Read Redemption first... not sure yet.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Having a playthrough of the original Witcher game with the full combat rebalance mod, damn the game's subtle, you've really got to pay attention to even the most throwaway of lines and journal entries. Somewhat brave for a developer to make so many little nods to the books and the overall plot, very easy to miss when you're playing through in the usual sleepwalking manner that most games encourage.

I especially like the little in jokes that the artists made on the sex cards, such as the woman choking the chicken, all too obvious what the developers were alluding to. Clever.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Still playing Max Payne 3. Story's pretty good, combat is decent (a little wonky trying to target), but that blur stuff is a bit annoying.

I enjoyed MP3. I like the way they put effort into the whole Brazilian theme, you really felt you were in the slums when you went through those parts of the city. Also I thought the plot was completely plausible. A very entertaining game overall :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Only now playing Bioshock 2. The opening few levels are much better than the latter half of the first game, Fort Frolic being the highlight and then all downhill from there, with the one glaring weakness, besides bad textures, being the idea that you're a Big Daddy but your armor is puny as hell. Fight another Big Daddy, and they kill you in 2 shots max, meanwhile you have to unload on them to take them down. It doesn't really matter as far as difficulty as Vita Chambers revive you without penalty, but it's a near gamebreaking design element from a continuity standpoint. It would make much more sense just to be a normal "human" character while having access to a drill as a weapon if need be. Just another gimmick.

Only couple more days until my busy period is over, then the glorious BG2 Obsidianite Ironman LP will begin. Huzzah! Also wonder if I can find my copy of EU2, or just crack open RTW with mods.

I had originally planned to buy Dishonoured or some other 2012 release, but man do they look mediocre. My 15 minutes with Dishonoured was largely pfeh.

I had originally planned to buy Dishonoured or some other 2012 release, but man do they look mediocre. My 15 minutes with Dishonoured was largely pfeh.

Story wise Dishonored is utter crap, but gameplay is very fun if you are into stealth, feels much like a modern Thief game. I'd recommend it, especially if you see it on sale.

I played on Hard, and it felt like DX3 - in other words, Thief-light with a greater emphasis on gadgets that is pretty cool but not amazing. That was fine, then I blinked up on a ledge and tried firing a few fire bolts at random guards. They literally run into each other creating an orgy of collision boxes walking on their burning comrade, never thinking to look up, then eventually disperse confusedly, even as I continue to shoot bolts at them and call their mothers by funny names.

Pfft. I might get for under $10, if someone makes a mod to fix that stupidity.

Only couple more days until my busy period is over, then the glorious BG2 Obsidianite Ironman LP will begin.

Yes, yes! Calax get's his turn to play the party meatshield, er, cleric. I mean cleric.

Damn spiders...

I got a lot of meat to sheild myself with SAIR!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And now I've finished Walking Dead. They did a good job with it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Speeding along in WoW, levelling seems quicker than I recall it being. Good to see them use more phasing too, makes the story progression in a zone bit more believable than before. The breadcrumb quests are bit wonky, or I did them wrong as I did the quests at each hub the original quest sent me to, but eventually ended up having to go back to the same place three times as the different chains resolved.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra