What are you playing now?

Gorth

Just for the TOR discussion. If you have a Something Aweful account their Let's Play section has an Old Republic game running... it's technically four let's plays (the entire imperial side) all at once.

It's... unique.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Played Assassin's Creed 3 on a friends console. It's boring like everyone says, glad I didn't get it. Way too much railroading, and being discovered in a stealth mission is a result, more guards appear, it get's harder, Ubisoft. Not an automatic fail and restart. And why are we still doing tutorials a third through the game.

Why is this series a success. It's a mystery to me.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Played Assassin's Creed 3 on a friends console. It's boring like everyone says, glad I didn't get it. Way too much railroading, and being discovered in a stealth mission is a result, more guards appear, it get's harder, Ubisoft. Not an automatic fail and restart. And why are we still doing tutorials a third through the game.

Because AC2 built significantly on AC1. And 3 just decided to kill the franchise.

Tried the latest demo thingie for the War for the Overworld Kickstarter project. I guess it's just a dug-out dungeon that you can wander around in, look at stuff, and "possess" an imp to wander around in 1st person if you wish. So it's not much. But it does look nice.

Altho, it has the usual 3d inside-out face issue, apparently. :lol: Imp eyes!

WotO-001.jpg

edit: game title correction. I keep wanting to call it something slightly different than its actual title...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just for the TOR discussion. If you have a Something Aweful account their Let's Play section has an Old Republic game running... it's technically four let's plays (the entire imperial side) all at once.

It's... unique.

Pay $10 to watch someone's let's play videos? ....Naaaaaaah.

On the subject of TOR: I smacked a bunch of red guys with a play lightsaber for a while while other players did the same thing and still wasn't particularly impressed. Still waiting for the story to start.

Got bored and went back to CivV GODS AND KINGS (caps lock necessary) and either my game is bugged or Carthage's Harbor bonus is not clearly explained because i'm not getting trade routes between coastal cities here. FIRAXIS. TELL ME WHY. I NEED GOLD. And I don't want to waste any on road maintainence. Road maintainence is for those losers in Rome. Speaking of which, that's why I got GODS AND KINGS, to right the wrongs of history and have Carthage conquer Rome. Incidentially, I just now built a city in between Cerro de Potosi and a river. :dancing: No coastal access, but getting Cerro de Potosi is worth any (non-10 gold per turn) cost.

Edited by AGX-17

It's... unique.

Pay $10 to watch someone's let's play videos? ....Naaaaaaah.

On the subject of TOR: I smacked a bunch of red guys with a play lightsaber for a while while other players did the same thing and still wasn't particularly impressed. Still waiting for the story to start.

Got bored and went back to CivV GODS AND KINGS (caps lock necessary) and either my game is bugged or Carthage's Harbor bonus is not clearly explained because i'm not getting trade routes between coastal cities here. FIRAXIS. TELL ME WHY. I NEED GOLD. And I don't want to waste any on road maintainence. Road maintainence is for those losers in Rome. Speaking of which, that's why I got GODS AND KINGS, to right the wrongs of history and have Carthage conquer Rome. Incidentially, I just now built a city in between Cerro de Potosi and a river. :dancing: No coastal access, but getting Cerro de Potosi is worth any (non-10 gold per turn) cost.

Not just one persons videos... hundreds of peoples videos. Also, a lot of it is screenshots and text. It makes for good reading.

They also have a pnp Battletech game being played

Because AC2 built significantly on AC1. And 3 just decided to kill the franchise.

Hmm...I did really enjoy AC2. Does AC3 have at least some redeeming qualities? It's getting pretty rave reviews, but that doesn't say a ton.

Still waiting for the story to start.

I was not impressed by the force users' stories or the trooper one. The bounty hunter one I foudn the pasing on the starting planet to be off and completly failed to connect with the story.

I had a lot of laughs with my smuggler (not wearing cowboy hats. though you can see most of what Ronja looked liked in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=234058 ), though she had a lot of moments where she would facepalm again and again.

Sith side I found the agent most agreeable with me to the point I played sith side, as I could play them as someone who does their duty in a state that is messed up.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Still waiting for the story to start.

I was not impressed by the force users' stories or the trooper one. The bounty hunter one I foudn the pasing on the starting planet to be off and completly failed to connect with the story.

I had a lot of laughs with my smuggler (not wearing cowboy hats. though you can see most of what Ronja looked liked in this thread: http://www.swtor.com...ad.php?t=234058 ), though she had a lot of moments where she would facepalm againand again.

Sith side I found the agent most agreeable with me to the point I played sith side, as I could play them as someone who does their duty in a state that is messed up.

I'll try to put in a little while a day and see if I'll get to the story within a week. If not... Well... I'll be busy playing the **** out of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOV9fos7Q3I

...whilst quietly telling Daenerys "Stormborn" to eat her heart out.

Edited by AGX-17

Work blocked whatever you posted, so I have no clue what "this" is... though the Daenerys comemnt suggests its one of the Game of Thrones games by Cyanide ;)

(not too fond of Cyanide. I feel there is always something off with their games. Miss Chaos League though. BloodBowl is lacking a lot of the charm of that game)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Work blocked whatever you posted, so I have no clue what "this" is... though the Daenerys comemnt suggests its one of the Game of Thrones games by Cyanide ;)

(not too fond of Cyanide. I feel there is always something off with their games. Miss Chaos League though. BloodBowl is lacking a lot of the charm of that game)

It's some kind of JRPG or RTS I'd guess. Title and in-game voices aren't in English so no clue on names. :lol:

And I'm still playing nothing. Well, I did install Casear 4 again, to remind myself of how it played/looked compared to the non-3D CB's. The way the food distribution worked was a lot easier than in Caesar 3, that's for sure. Didn't play much, for now, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And I'm still playing nothing. Well, I did install Casear 4 again, to remind myself of how it played/looked compared to the non-3D CB's. The way the food distribution worked was a lot easier than in Caesar 3, that's for sure. Didn't play much, for now, tho.

I am sticking with the Startopia advice :dancing::biggrin:

Heh, the UI used to be way worse too, at launch I don't think you even had the ability to move everything and resize.

You really strike me as the type who will get a bigger kick out of the sith storylines.

I can't stand the Sith. They're just moustache twirling villains with no depth whose only purpose is to be as hand-wringingly eeeeeevil as possible.

I was "forced" by my gulidies to start Sith (since they all wanted to start Sith for exactly the reasons you describe) and I must say that for the Inquisitor storyline at least I was pleasantly surprised. While the Sith are generally "evil" in their dealing with others there are more ways to deal with situations than just the "stupid evil"-way. It felt more like playing a Way of the Closed Fist character (for you Jade Empire players out there).

I *tried* starting as Consular but the storyline at the start is just soooo cliché paladin-y, stupid good, I almost needed a bucket. I really hope it gets better later. I mean, sure you also get "dark side" choices while playing the "good guys" but especially early on for the Jedi Knight they seemed mostly like pretty puberistic "I'm gonna do that twilek I just met because it's cool to go against the grain!" style options. I found the moral choices as Inquisitor a lot more interesting than I expected, especially since I usually don't play evil characters for exactly the reasons you describe (too much nonsensical stupid evil and usually once you go "evil" you have to follow through with it everywhere, not so in ToR).

That said it seems the Sith Marauder edges more towards the stupid-evil playstyle (from what I heard).

Oh, and imho including PvP in MMOs is a mistake if you want to make them story driven, it requires making compromises in places that are critical to the PvE/lore crowd (like perfectly mirroring classes, caring about class balance etc, it kills diversity. WoW is a prime example).

Personally playing through Dawnguard as a Vampire this time, grabbed a mod to keep access to crossbows. Yay for mods ;) Not too far in so far (2nd quest after the faction split) but seems okay so far.

Edited by marelooke

I liked 3's method of having granaries fetch food from nearet ones and having to set up chains of them. I do like 4's change to housing, in that you don't have to worry about housing evolving such that you have no plebes when you need them as they move on up.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am sticking with the Startopia advice :dancing::biggrin:

I did look at it on GoG. I'm not sure it appeals to me, but one can never truly tell until one plays something. :)

I liked 3's method of having granaries fetch food from nearet ones and having to set up chains of them. I do like 4's change to housing, in that you don't have to worry about housing evolving such that you have no plebes when you need them as they move on up.

Yeah, I liked chaining those granaries too. :) I also actually liked the market ladies, even if they were also frustrating (or led to my using gatehouses everywhere as roadblocks).When you start taking too many of those "quirks" away, it becomes less challenging/gamey. It's a "bad AI" balance issue that I imagine is hard to find a truly good solution for.

So many times have I cursed at that sprite on the screen turning right rather than left. Was really terrible at the game thinking back, used to make plebe ghettos just to work in mines and such (a minor nuisance needing them to live nearby) and then bury them in prefectures to handle the crime :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What? No Dungeon Keeper 2? **

I remember Evil Genius. I found that to be a little disappointing. That said, I remember a gold room glitch I found that essentially meant I had endless gold all the time. That was fun. haha.

**I don't have it installed either...

What? No Dungeon Keeper 2? **

Wasn't much of a fan of DK2. I own it, but the game is about offense where DK1 was about defense. Or aggressive defense. Or offensive defense... :)

As long as its not about passive aggression..

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hmm...I did really enjoy AC2. Does AC3 have at least some redeeming qualities? It's getting pretty rave reviews, but that doesn't say a ton.

Not to me. The reviews I've seen are screaming "There's so much to do with your homestead and the challenges and the woods and and and!" but when you get right down to it, the homestead is just a non-necessary secondary plotline and time sink. The only reason it exists is to get you money, and unlike AC2 and it's brothers, the money doesn't just automatically accrue. You have to go in, and play a spreadsheet to build and sell things to earn money. The characters and little bits of story ARE interesting, but the entire thing is just annoying and frustrating.

The entire game is just to flawed from the start. A main character who's boring as HELL because his voice actor is playing up the Indian stereotype of "I only talk in a monotone", and thus half of what he says that's supposed to be quips and one liners gets lost in the monotone. His dad is by far the more enjoyable character, but you don't see that much of him.

There isn't that much Jingoism that people were worried about. It's still there, with all of the Founding Fathers and important americans during the War of Independence having American accents and giving the whole song and dance... with a good half of it undercut outside the animus in text and speech by the british character. It does seem a little odd that Conner is popping up at every single major battle and event that led up to the war, and during the war... and always on the side of the Colonies. It's attempted to make it into a mirror of the Templar/Assassin struggle of Independence vs Order, but that just doesn't jive for me.

Some shortcuts on my desktop:

Kingdoms of Amalur... oh boy. That game had good gameplay, I wonder if they could have improved its flaws in the narrative/lore department with a sequel (seriousy, you'd need to pay me to give a **** about all these flower men and their flower stories about being flower men who are flowers.) It's kind of telling that all the game's lore was devoted to NPC factions and not playable races or their countries or cultures aside from the generic TES style "dark elves are attractive and slutty, blue elves are blue and stupid looking so they never get laid"*

*This is not an entirely accurate representation of the two races' descriptions or names.

I finished off that game of Civ5 tonight. I ended up going for the space victory because after taking over most of the continent it was getting kind of boring and the space ship was the fastest way to win.

Winning militarily is both tedious and trite, it's far more graceful and clever to win through other means.