What are you playing now?

Gorth

I finished the Dawnguard and Aetherium questlines of Skyrim. I'm comfortable saying I'm done with the game until Dragonborn comes out.

Undecided on what I'll play next.

Did you finish Dawnguard with both sides? On my second playthrough of Skyrim, this time as a vampire backstabbing stabby stab type (pickpocketing poisons onto people is fun!) rather than the stealthy archer type. (guess in the end they're not that different, though sneaking around sneak attacking stuff in broad daylight definitely is harder with daggers than with a bow ;) Anyway, was wondering if the Vampire side was worth it (at the very least story wise), apparently you lose (easy) access to crossbows (which I sort of liked) with really no other toys to play with instead (and toys are good!)

Personally I ended up playing EVE after a WoW raid, because aside from the raids there's really nothing worthwhile to do in the game anymore.

Edited by marelooke

I'm playing Saints Row the third. Fun but nothing very exciting for the moment. It may just not be my kind of games (but it was in the pack).

I tried playing Darksiders before. I pretty liked the second one (with Death) but this one, I stopped at the Tiamat battle. I found it too tedious to bother go on.

Edited by Orchomene

Dishonored. The gameplay is really fun, but I think story and characters are lacking big time.. Revenge story is just fine in my books, but it would help if you actually would care the people you are revenging and hate the people you are after.

And could somebody explain why the people I take down nonlethally fall asleep? I took the high overseer down nonlethally, carried his snoring arse to interrigation room and marked him with the mark of the heretic expecting to get a satisfying "I'm back" conversation with him.

AAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

ZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ

:getlost:

I'm playing Saints Row the third. Fun but nothing very exciting for the moment. It may just not be my kind of games (but it was in the pack).

I tried playing Darksiders before. I pretty liked the second one (with Death) but this one, I stopped at the Tiamat battle. I found it too tedious to bother go on.

I only really got into SR3 after playing co-op with a friend. After that I somehow got all into the single player as well. Wierd.

I loathed Darksiders. Couldn't even get as far as you before I gave up on it.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Just finished act 1 as a Jedi Knight on TOR, it was great. You can tell that this storyline got a lot of love, the tie-ins and cinematics are a bit better than what I saw in the trooper and bounty hunter first acts. I've said it before, but TOR is a pretty awesome single player RPG.

• Like 1

I finished the Dawnguard and Aetherium questlines of Skyrim. I'm comfortable saying I'm done with the game until Dragonborn comes out.

Undecided on what I'll play next.

Did you finish Dawnguard with both sides? On my second playthrough of Skyrim, this time as a vampire backstabbing stabby stab type (pickpocketing poisons onto people is fun!) rather than the stealthy archer type. (guess in the end they're not that different, though sneaking around sneak attacking stuff in broad daylight definitely is harder with daggers than with a bow ;) Anyway, was wondering if the Vampire side was worth it (at the very least story wise), apparently you lose (easy) access to crossbows (which I sort of liked) with really no other toys to play with instead (and toys are good!)

Personally I ended up playing EVE after a WoW raid, because aside from the raids there's really nothing worthwhile to do in the game anymore.

I only finished it as Dawnguard. The lack of toys ruins any interest I have playing it vampire side. You can still get Vampire Lord without doing that, anyway.

I actually gave Vampire Lord a try and it was boring. So I didn't even bother raising that tree. Kind of disappointed that it's limited to the form.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've finally gotten around to making more progress on my Iorveth run through TWitcher 2. (Which had been abandoned a few months back somewhere in the middle of Act 2-- I had to take a break because of a hardware failure, and by the time the machine was fixed, I was more interested in something else.) I've gotten just to the opening of Act 3 now.

I had forgotten just how terrible that whole Draug sequence was. I'm not sure how the developers thought that taking on the roles of random dudes with no appreciable combat skills would be at all fun or necessary for the narrative.

Also did some multiplayer Torchlight 2. Certainly a more satisfying experience than playing solo, but not so much that I would seek out people who aren't IRL-friends to play with.

• Like 1

I just played Far Cry 3 for a little bit today.

I haven't played much, but it's extremely fun!

Hell man, you can skin bull sharks!

And there are RPG like skill trees, been going stealthy it's a lot of fun and nets more XP...but sometimes you just gotta blast a jeep full of pirates with an Rocket lol.

And it's incredibly open....with a large variety of wildlife.

Haven't had this much fun playing a game since XCom

Just finished act 1 as a Jedi Knight on TOR, it was great. You can tell that this storyline got a lot of love, the tie-ins and cinematics are a bit better than what I saw in the trooper and bounty hunter first acts. I've said it before, but TOR is a pretty awesome single player RPG.

After finishing up the Sith Warrior, I have to say I think both Sith classes have the most well-written and cohesive stories throughout of the five I've completed now.

The Jedi Knight feels a bit more..bitty. Decent arcs, but they don't connect together quite as well.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

After finishing up the Sith Warrior, I have to say I think both Sith classes have the most well-written and cohesive stories throughout of the five I've completed now.

The Jedi Knight feels a bit more..bitty. Decent arcs, but they don't connect together quite as well.

Im still pissed by the Inquisitor ending. *shakes fist at sky*

The warrior ending does provide a touch more satisfaction in regards to the final kill... ;)

Edit:

I've trying to play some Civ V... and the damn thing keeps freezing on me or crashing out every 5-10 minutes. This is annoying and I can't find any particular reason for it.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I only really got into SR3 after playing co-op with a friend. After that I somehow got all into the single player as well. Wierd.

I loathed Darksiders. Couldn't even get as far as you before I gave up on it.

I don't multiplay. Thus, as you can imagine, I've stopped playing SR3... boring...

Now, I'll try CoH now, the real reason I bought the bundle at first.

That entire line was a giant let down.

Just for giggles.

Been playing Most Wanted and WoW for the most part.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Planetside 2 now -- it was a little meh-ish until I joined an outfit.

I want to try The Walking as well. I watched episode one on youtube and it looks amazing. Great adventure game mechanics and amazing story telling. Hopefully it goes on sale during Christmas, because I really want to play it.

Edited by Inyourprime

I want to try The Walking as well. I watched episode one on youtube and it looks amazing. Great adventure game mechanics and amazing story telling. Hopefully it goes on sale during Christmas, because I really want to play it.

It should. It has been on sale the last couple of Steam Sales at least.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Far Cry 3 seems a bit overrated to me so far, it seems a lot like Far Cry 2 so far, though maybe I should get into it more

Although, thank the gods of gaming, without the f-ing annoying malaria mechanic. I would have played much more of Far Cry 2 than I did if it weren't for that mess (I liked the 'healing' animations though - I'm hoping they make a come back although I've not been low enough on health to find out yet).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Guest The Architect

Finished Hitman Absolution. I really liked it, that was the first Hitman game I've ever played all the way through. I've been meaning to try out the old ones, they've aged pretty well graphics wise.

Now I'm on to Far Cry 3. I like it, but I'd rather go through all the missions first than go around looking for loot and things to sell and craft. Can you actually keep playing the game after finishing all the missions, though, or not?

Edited by The Architect

I liked the 'healing' animations though - I'm hoping they make a come back although I've not been low enough on health to find out yet.

They are.. You need to take the skill "first aid" and then you can heal 2 without medicine.

Fortune favors the bald.

It's funny. I really liked Alpha Centauri. The idea of unit customization and the fantastic government system was pretty great.

But I always find myself preferring Civ over it. I must just like the historical setting. I wonder if it just feeds into some nostalgic feedback loop (that gets larger with every iteration) since I still remember some of the awesome times I had with the original. (never did play Civ II though :( )

I played a lot of the original Civ. Probably should have used capital letters for lot...

Played Civ 2 once at a friend's place.

Then came Alpha Centauri and it just went straight for my gamer-heart :)

I enjoy the backstory. It helps that when the game first launched you could do a personality test on the site which would put you in one of the factions. I am an official Gaian... I feel more allegiance to those than I do to my real life nationality :p

Finished reforging the Sword of Gith in NWN2. *sigh* Why does it ALWAYS have to be a ****ing sword? Swapped my Fey Spear back in immediately after getting it. I wish I could just sell the damn sword. Anyway, the finish line is now in sight.

8)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks