What are you playing now?

Gorth

Played another level of Theme Hospital. It's still fun, and I'm sure it gets a lot harder in later levels, but the whole time I kept thinking that what the game needed was more building. You plonk down rooms/hirelings then just sorta sit around waiting for the patient cure/financial win requirements to be met. It's a little too much "business sim" for my tastes perhaps.

So I went back to Casear3 for a bit and that was much better. Which led me to thinking that maybe I should finally try Zeus (the only City-Builder of that period I haven't tried/don't own)...which led to me discovering Tilted Mill is making a new CB game! Yay! I'm totally starved for a new CB. I thought it was dead, never to return....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Theme Hospital doesn't really get any harder. It simply introduces new equipment each mission. By the end the hardest thing is having the patience to achieve the required goals, like getting the environment (I think it was called environment, maybe it was satisfaction?) up enough. I hated having to keep placing mirrors, plants and paintings everywhere just to get some metre up enough to finish a level.

I finished Modern Warfare. I no longer consider it the worst FPS I've ever played. Though I'm not sure I would even call it a particularly good one.

The fact that it went from "worst ever" to, well, anything else, precisely between the two play sessions, implies that there was something wrong in how I played it before. Or maybe that was just a coincidence and the level design makes a major shift. I started feeling like I was contributing to the firefights. The enemies no longer seemed to spawn constantly. Did it become a more refined experience a few levels in? Or did how I perceive the same kind of thing change?

Could be, I haven't played the campaign in a long while, but aside from the Pripyat missions, I don't remember much in the way of huge shifts in the gameplay.

It's also possible that lower expectations (if that's possible?) after the first playthrough just helped?

I've never finished Theme Hospital as such, too chaotic for someone too obsessive about neatness and organisation at the end with monster epidemics and vomit tsunamis - it's a bit too overwhelming to be fun for me personally so I tend to just stay at the mid-level hospitals and choose not to advance when the option comes up. My sister on the other hand loves the challenge and has gone through the game multiple times. I ought to hand in my strategy gamer badge...

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I finished Modern Warfare. I no longer consider it the worst FPS I've ever played. Though I'm not sure I would even call it a particularly good one.

The fact that it went from "worst ever" to, well, anything else, precisely between the two play sessions, implies that there was something wrong in how I played it before. Or maybe that was just a coincidence and the level design makes a major shift. I started feeling like I was contributing to the firefights. The enemies no longer seemed to spawn constantly. Did it become a more refined experience a few levels in? Or did how I perceive the same kind of thing change?

Maybe you were just more aggressive at pushing forward in the latter portion? I'm pretty sure the spawning doesn't change later in the game, but as long as you keep making forward progress it's much less noticeable than it is if you sit back and try to pick people off. The forward progress combined with the lessened number of enemies (less respawning of enemies) might make it seem like you're having more of an effect as well.

EDIT: and humanoid is here too! D:

Edited by Deraldin
  • Like 1

Playing some Left 4 Dead 2 with some friends of mine. We're just playing through the campaign missions. I've had it forever but never played it since FPS style games aren't my preferred genre, but cooperative play with friends makes the whole thing fun.

I've been playing Endless Space again as my group has gotten back into multiplayer again. We started up an 8 player game (3 human, 5 AI) on the hardest difficulty just to see how long we would last. Turns out that we managed to get extremely lucky with the random AI race selection and wound up with all the peaceful races so while they are steamrolling us score wise, they aren't doing so militarily yet. Went to look up the actually difficulty setting effects after quitting for the night. Holy cheating AI those are some huge bonuses! +50 happiness, 0.75x to all research costs, something like 0.2x rush building costs and more. Just insane.

If we combined our three person team we would be second in score, but still massively outgunned fleet wise by the front runners.

Tilted Mill

Ooooh, Hinterlands was awesome.

But honestly, try Startopia if you haven't. You "plonk down rooms" but at least you set their size, shape and choose the items that go in them. It has research and some trading and, for those thus inclined combat. And it has terraforming.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Played some Tales of Graces f. Kiiled a boss, only to be defeated by the next boss (no option to save between fights). I was fuming with anger, because I almost won the second battle. Luckily, I managed to kill her on my second try, so it wasn't that bad because the game lets you retry the second battle.

I was going to play Storm of Zehir, but I didn't come farther than character creation. Sat there for an hour, trying out different party combinations.

Omg.. I bought Far Cry 3 yesterday, but got home late from work and only had time to install it and briefly try it before going to bed (very beautiful game!).

Today I got home from work earlier and go to turn on my computer.. And the PSU explodes in my hand! I'm not even joking, it said BOOM.

Tomorrow I'm getting a new on, but still..

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

OMG, WHAT A RIDICULOUS DRM!!!

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Ok, I switched PSU now. Guess if I was nervous when I turned on the power switch on the new PSU for the first time?

I WAS!!

But since I am typing this from my normal computer, everything is fine. I was very worried that the explosion had hurt any of the other parts, either by overloading them with some weird spike of electricity or by the actual blast. I think I was lucky.

Edit: Time for some PSU burning Far Cry 3 now!!

Edit 2: Btw, when I installed the game, I had to type in FOUR different codes to unlock **** in the game. Why?! And that was on top of the actual DRM code I had to type in to actually play the game.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Edit 2: Btw, when I installed the game, I had to type in FOUR different codes to unlock **** in the game. Why?! And that was on top of the actual DRM code I had to type in to actually play the game.

Ubisoft_Logo.jpg

Ok, I switched PSU now. Guess if I was nervous when I turned on the power switch on the new PSU for the first time?

I WAS!!

But since I am typing this from my normal computer, everything is fine. I was very worried that the explosion had hurt any of the other parts, either by overloading them with some weird spike of electricity or by the actual blast. I think I was lucky.

Edit: Time for some PSU burning Far Cry 3 now!!

What were the codes for might I ask? I bought th Deluxe Edition from steam and awaiting its release on Tuesday, but four seems a little crazy.

I remembered having troubles with the dragon on Mt. Galardrym in NWN2 in the past. Not this time, I carved right through that chump. He managed to take down Sand during the fight, but everybody else stayed on their feet. I guess having several characters with fire immunity helps.

;)

I'm getting kind of excited knowing the ending is coming up.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing through the New Vegas addon Honest Hearts right now. Not really impressed so far. The Father in the Cave story was interesting, but there seems to be no way to talk about it with anyone even though it sort of matters a lot, real bummer in my book :(

Someone mentioned FEAR, now I have an urge to play through that again, was a really nice game in my book (the first one, let's not even mention the rest...)

So I went back to Casear3 for a bit and that was much better. Which led me to thinking that maybe I should finally try Zeus (the only City-Builder of that period I haven't tried/don't own)...which led to me discovering Tilted Mill is making a new CB game! Yay! I'm totally starved for a new CB. I thought it was dead, never to return....

Zeus is good. I've not tried Pharao, though. Both are on GOG. There is also an Atlantis somewhere, I don't remember the name, though.

I've been playing Pharaoh on and off over the past couple of months and it's good, but then all those style of games are pretty much of a muchness. If you like one there's a very large chance you'll like the others.

I really wanted an Akhenaten scenario for Pharaoh though.

Maybe you were just more aggressive at pushing forward in the latter portion? I'm pretty sure the spawning doesn't change later in the game, but as long as you keep making forward progress it's much less noticeable than it is if you sit back and try to pick people off. The forward progress combined with the lessened number of enemies (less respawning of enemies) might make it seem like you're having more of an effect as well.

EDIT: and humanoid is here too! D:

I was always pretty aggressive. That makes me think it's a level design shift. Because the part that sticks out the most as being terrible, there is no pushing forwards. It's a defense mission. The one at the tank.

And when I first started playing the game, it would punish me for pushing forwards. That's when guys would start showing up behind me. But then that stopped. Right around the time it stopped flashing "YOU'RE HURT, TAKE COVER" on my screen every time I got shot.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing through the New Vegas addon Honest Hearts right now. Not really impressed so far. The Father in the Cave story was interesting, but there seems to be no way to talk about it with anyone even though it sort of matters a lot, real bummer in my book :(

Someone mentioned FEAR, now I have an urge to play through that again, was a really nice game in my book (the first one, let's not even mention the rest...)

I think the most you can do is at one point tell Waking Cloud "The father in the cave is just a man who lived a really long time ago."

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

Playing some BGEE. The only thing bothering me so far is that they've replaced the spellcasting sounds with the (worse) bg2 ones. Have to find out if the relevant tutu patch still functions.

Apart from that, it's been smooth sailing (there was a hotfix last night which seems to have fixed a lot of the more common issues) and good old Gorion now puts up a decent fight before buying it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Just pushed my Sith Juggernaut to 50th and wrapped up the class story on TOR. I have to say, I do think the Sith Warrior and the Sith Inquisitor storylines are the most well-written and consistent through the prologue and three chapters of all the classes I've played so far. Which means I'll have to get around to pushing the Jedi Consular along, and then seeing about the Imperial Agent and Republic Trooper so I can fully judge them all.... :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Been playing FarCry 3 and I just realized how long ago it was that I enjoyed a good shooter. If there was a basic needs system this game would be perfect, here's hoping for mods.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif