What are you playing now?

Gorth

Bought the Omega DLC for ME3. Let's see what Aria is up to.

Why bother when you can see just as well on Youtube.

That does seem like a good idea. If you're really curious for the plot points rather than the shooty-shooty bits, anyway.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Crusader Kings II - installed it. It's taking like 10 minutes to "load graphics" with the static screen slowly changing to reveal the buttons. Is it going to do this every time I start the game? :getlost: P.S. Haven't even reached the "put in your key" part yet. Argh.

Edit: finally loaded, picked a character, etc. But it seems I can play without ever putting in that activation key the Steam popups keep telling me I have to use. *scratches head* ... restarted the game and it's taking forever to "load graphics" again. Yeah...ok, I'll get back to this later. :disguise:

It's almost certainly not a steam key, but a paradox key. You need it (if desired, optional) for paradox forum registration as it gives access to restricted forums like tech support, and to use the metaserver for multiplayer.

I bought my CK II on steam... got a steam key and redeemed it on my steam client. It has been working so far :huh:

I don't use steam of course- as it's an affront to all that is good in the world and a vile carbuncle on the otherwise baby smooth bottom of PC gaming- but a key which it doesn't want prior to installation/ running will likely be used for the metaserver/ paradox forums. If it were the steam code itself then she wouldn't even be able to install/ run it without having inputted it prior, as you did. My properly DRM free copy bought from the rich, verdant, oppression free fields of GG came with a key, for example, which I've never had to use; sadly in large part because I found CK2 extremely disappointing overall (actually one of the most disappointing games I've ever played) and a pale shadow of the gleeful anarchism of the original game.

Because not all games are like shallow BioWare wannabe-movies?

Because not all gamers have the same interests as Morgoth.

Seriously, it's an absurd statement and your defense of it is equally absurd. Someone bought it because they'd rather play it first hand than watch a Youtube video of it.

If they wanted to just watch the content, they would have.

I played through ME1 twice, ME2 four times, have no desire whatsoever to play ME3 more than once, even to see the new content in the DLCs.

Hahaha, same here! :) Though I'm kind of excited for the release of ME 1 on the PS3. Playing that on the PS3 is sort of fun and nostalgic at the same time.

Getting Far Cry 3 in a few hours, ohboiohboiohboi! Gotta put Dragon Age on pause again. Goddammit! This is the third time I am quiting the game halfway through.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I played through ME1 twice, ME2 four times, have no desire whatsoever to play ME3 more than once, even to see the new content in the DLCs.

Hahaha, same here! :) Though I'm kind of excited for the release of ME 1 on the PS3. Playing that on the PS3 is sort of fun and nostalgic at the same time.

Getting Far Cry 3 in a few hours, ohboiohboiohboi! Gotta put Dragon Age on pause again. Goddammit! This is the third time I am quiting the game halfway through.

Keep us updated on what you think about Far Cry 3, I am keen to try the game.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's almost certainly not a steam key, but a paradox key. You need it (if desired, optional) for paradox forum registration as it gives access to restricted forums like tech support, and to use the metaserver for multiplayer.

All Paradox games take ages to load- there are thousands of files loaded at startup and to help with modding most are in plain text or can be altered. For something like EU3 you can also end up with 70MB+ plain text save game files that take ages to load towards the end of the game.

I did click on the "Register" button of the initial splash screen, and it did just take me to a website, which I promptly closed/ignored. So seems like that's probably what the key is for. I have not had to use it to play the single-player game. The loading thing is still weird tho. I don't mind a few minutes or something, but it was over 10, plus the odd thing of alt-tabbing making it ready all of sudden. Just weird. :)

Anyway...fiddled with Universe Sandbox. I don't think I'd ever get to a point where I'd personally do anything really cool with it, but it's definitely fun to play around with a little.

Also watched hubby play some of the BL2 Pirate DLC. Other than the amusement of seeing him fight what looked like enemy versions of Zero, just looked like more of the same. Brown and sand and more brown and sand. He seems to be liking it, at least for one playthru, however.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

$15,- for a DLC is ******* ridiculous. Especially considering the quality of BioWare's past DLC's has been... unpredictable, to say the least.

On topic -- I finished Trine last weekend, which had been sitting in my steam library for ~2 years. Fun little puzzle platformer with gorgeous graphics. Took me about 8 hrs. I'm also still playing Guild Wars 2, casually, and XCOM, which is awesome.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

Seriously, it's an absurd statement and your defense of it is equally absurd. Someone bought it because they'd rather play it first hand than watch a Youtube video of it.

Cool story bro. ME3 + DLC is still a waste of time.

The loading thing is still weird tho. I don't mind a few minutes or something, but it was over 10, plus the odd thing of alt-tabbing making it ready all of sudden. Just weird. :)

It shouldn't be that bad persistently, first time it is run it has to do some engine housekeeping (building the "pathfinding", essentially) which takes extra time and can make it look like it's stuck, but that should be only for the first time. It'll never be fast loading though, it's just not how the engine is constructed.

Cool story bro. ME3 + DLC is still a waste of time.

Morgoth I can't agree with the statement that ME3 is a waste of time. It was entertaining, it wasn't fantastic. But to say the game is not worth playing is a bit harsh

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

PES 2012.

I gave up on God of War 2. Its a great looking game but I've done all that before and even better graphics aren't enough motivation.

I have Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater but I can't bring myself to play it. The second one was such a bitter experience.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

On topic -- I finished Trine last weekend, which had been sitting in my steam library for ~2 years. Fun little puzzle platformer with gorgeous graphics.
It's a great budget title, probably the first Steam-game that I hundred-percented. The thief's swingshot mixed with wizard's floating blocks is all sorts of physics-based awesome

I have Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater but I can't bring myself to play it. The second one was such a bitter experience.

Well if you can put up with Kojima's usual hijinks (ridiculously convoluted plot, twists and turns seemingly simply for the sake of twists and turns, or to get him out of a corner he painted himself into, having the gameplay constantly interrupted by communications) then I can tell you that it's easily the best game in the series.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well if you can put up with Kojima's usual hijinks (ridiculously convoluted plot, twists and turns seemingly simply for the sake of twists and turns, or to get him out of a corner he painted himself into, having the gameplay constantly interrupted by communications)

Those are precisely the two things that are putting me off. The first much more then the second.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Picked up the Gods and Kings expansion for Civ 5 on the steam sales and just tried playing some.. but so far in the space of about an hour and a half.. its locked up and frozen 3 times.... >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've bought and tried Dungeon Gate. Actio RPG with a fun concept of playing a shapeshifter.

All I have to say after 2 hours playing it : don't buy it.

Gameplay is poor, controls are unresponsive, story is very bland, no storytelling, no dialogue choices, hero is somewhat manga style in a mmorpg style of world/quest design.

On top of it, it's long to load and unstable (thanks to being a flashplayer game).

Now I'm on a replay of Arcanum, it's been a long time I played it last time. Before that I tried and somewhat enjoyed Darksiders 2 and Dishonored.

Far Cry 3

-The soundtrack is great

-The story hasn't been anything spectacular so far, but the characters in the game are quite interesting(especially the protagonist).

-The map sort of reminds of assassins creed: You take control of a tower and it uncovers a certain part of the map for you. Some stuff like animals and plants are then highlighted. You can also fast travel between different settlements.

-The graphics look okay on the ps3 but I have seen better looking open world games with smoother framerates to be honest.

-The game world looks and feels alive.

-The stealth works pretty good and most of the time the game encourages you to take advantage of it.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Mostly Planetside. Fun game, but the Framerate is god-awful on my computer.

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

Mostly Planetside. Fun game, but the Framerate is god-awful on my computer.

Everyone except people with nuclear powered ubermachines are having FPS issues, the devs themselves have said the engine isn't anywhere near optimised. I would be playing too now if the server wouldn't have it's daily crash currently. The game got released so very too early, it has so many issues you could write a novel out of them. Beta testers, including TotalBiscuit, asked them many times to postpone the release but nooo.

The game is damn fun, but I sure won't give them a penny before the game resembles a product ready for release.

Suffering from extreme gamer ADD, but Mark of the Ninja seems to be able to capture my attention!

Also finished up King Arthur (dragged on down the stretch, but ultimately I enjoyed it). Playing the second one, which is lacking the strategic component I really enjoyed in the first one. Although I feel the combat engine is significantly improved (although flying enemies are a bit cumbersome to deal with I find).

Also finished up King Arthur (dragged on down the stretch, but ultimately I enjoyed it). Playing the second one, which is lacking the strategic component I really enjoyed in the first one. Although I feel the combat engine is significantly improved (although flying enemies are a bit cumbersome to deal with I find).

They simplified KA2 a bit too much. Flying enemies were my favourid as I had one set of archers specialized in shooting flyers... Redsleeves or what are they called?

Are you playing just the campaign or also the dead legion prologue?

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).