What are you playing now?

Gorth

Shooters play better with mouse & keyboard, you say.. what type of game is sleeping dogs? ;)

It's an action adventure sandbox game like GTA. There is plenty of driving (MUCH better with a controller), hand to hand fighting (better with a controller), and a little bit of shooting (better with mouse & keyboard). The cool thing is that you can plug or unplug your controlled mid-game and it instantly recognizes it so you can switch controls whenever you want (you don't need to unplug the controller to use mouse & kb), where as many games you must have the controller plugged in before booting the game up for it to be recognized.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Friend did say a gamepad was a lot better for SD than M&KB, I personally had no problems with the mouse.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Isn't it a third person shooter? The mouse is superior for FPS games, but I've found that it loses that edge in third person games.

That depends on the presence of an auto aim/lock on system. Without it maneuvering the reticule with an analog stick is not a pleasant experience.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Isn't it a third person shooter? The mouse is superior for FPS games, but I've found that it loses that edge in third person games.

The shooting parts in Sleeping Dogs are third person and it has semi-auto-lock. You have to aim at a target manually first, but once you have it lined up it will auto-aim and follow the target, though you can "override" the auto-aim if you move your cursor enough. This can be turned off in options so you have to always manually aim. It's definitely playable with a controller but I found it more comfortable to do the shooting parts with m&kb. Shooting is a fairly small part of the game, though.

Edit: I do like that weapons have realistic recoil and your shots get much less accurate with continued fire. Also, blind fire is highly inaccurate, as it should be. It always bothered my how Niko in GTA IV was was some kind of Jedi Sniper with 100% accuracy when blind firing.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Crusader Kings II - installed it. It's taking like 10 minutes to "load graphics" with the static screen slowly changing to reveal the buttons. Is it going to do this every time I start the game? :getlost: P.S. Haven't even reached the "put in your key" part yet. Argh.

Edit: finally loaded, picked a character, etc. But it seems I can play without ever putting in that activation key the Steam popups keep telling me I have to use. *scratches head* ... restarted the game and it's taking forever to "load graphics" again. Yeah...ok, I'll get back to this later. :disguise:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh. Hm, guess that could be. The super slow loading seems to be almost instantly circumvented if I alt-tab to desktop and back again, too. Strange. Oh well. I'll figure it out later.

The Universe Sandbox is pretty cool. Going to fiddle with that instead. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm playing GMod, a little bit of PlanetSide 2, and more New Vegas.

Edited by Yes Man

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

Bought the Omega DLC for ME3. Let's see what Aria is up to.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For as great a game as Mass Effect 3 was, and I thought it was a fantastic game despite the horrible ending (even with the extended ending DLC), I've had zero desire to play it again. I played through ME1 twice, ME2 four times, have no desire whatsoever to play ME3 more than once, even to see the new content in the DLCs. I think I'm just burned out on that universe for a while.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I don't know about you PC folks, but the pricetag on XBox360 seems pretty high. I believe $15 for, what I've read on the Bio boards, is about a 2.5 to 3 hour DLC seems steep. Especially when you compare it to the price of the recently released Borderlands 2 DLCs.

Then again, maybe my lack of interest since I finished the game back in March is causing me to look at the DLC price too closely. I just haven't had the same desire to replay ME3 at all like I usually do with most RPGs I purchase. *shrugs*

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think it depends on the content. Judging strictly on hours really doesn't factor in what the DLC costs to produce. I imagine the Borderlands DLC is a lot more about combat than, while the ME3 DLC has more cinematics.

That being said, I typically don't want to spend over $10 on any DLC.

• Like 1

As a general rule, I don't like to judge a DLC on its length. However, when you're starting to charge $15 or more for the DLC, then I do think the number of game hours it provides for you needs to be taken into account.

As an extreme example, I don't care how good a DLC is. It could be the greatest DLC ever made and a fantastic 2 hours of fun, but it shouldn't be the same price as a full priced game that offers you 20+ hours of game play.

If people are okay with $15 for around a 3 hour DLC, it's a slippery slope to $20 dollars, then $25, all the while the actual content isn't increasing along with the price. Because the argument then would be "you usually pay $15 anyway, what's an extra 5 bucks?".

I wouldn't have an issue with Omega's price tag if the content was obviously a lot more than in previous DLC. But when it's roughly the same size and length of even their recent Leviathan DLC, but for some reason is priced $5 more? That's when I start to have issues.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think it depends on the content. Judging strictly on hours really doesn't factor in what the DLC costs to produce. I imagine the Borderlands DLC is a lot more about combat than, while the ME3 DLC has more cinematics.

That being said, I typically don't want to spend over $10 on any DLC.

Unfortunately I had to spend $10 on it because of the stupid point buy system. I had left over points from when I bought the DA2 and ME2 DLC's, but fell just short of the 1200 points. Sucks to be me, so I had to buy 800 points for $10 :getlost:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Crusader Kings II - installed it. It's taking like 10 minutes to "load graphics" with the static screen slowly changing to reveal the buttons. Is it going to do this every time I start the game? :getlost: P.S. Haven't even reached the "put in your key" part yet. Argh.

Edit: finally loaded, picked a character, etc. But it seems I can play without ever putting in that activation key the Steam popups keep telling me I have to use. *scratches head* ... restarted the game and it's taking forever to "load graphics" again. Yeah...ok, I'll get back to this later. :disguise:

It's almost certainly not a steam key, but a paradox key. You need it (if desired, optional) for paradox forum registration as it gives access to restricted forums like tech support, and to use the metaserver for multiplayer.

All Paradox games take ages to load- there are thousands of files loaded at startup and to help with modding most are in plain text or can be altered. For something like EU3 you can also end up with 70MB+ plain text save game files that take ages to load towards the end of the game.

It's almost certainly not a steam key, but a paradox key. You need it (if desired, optional) for paradox forum registration as it gives access to restricted forums like tech support, and to use the metaserver for multiplayer.

I bought my CK II on steam... got a steam key and redeemed it on my steam client. It has been working so far :huh: