Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

The Ice Age movies aren't really dumber than any of the other direct to DVD fare that is out there for children.  It's pretty typical.

Also my daughter woke up on Sunday and asked to watch Star Wars.  I asked her which one and she said the one with Princess Leia.   :wub:

I've watched Goonies with her as well, but it's actually pretty scary for her.  In fact a lot of the 80's kids movies are a bit edgy by today's standards.

reminded me of this:

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

The Ice Age movies aren't really dumber than any of the other direct to DVD fare that is out there for children.  It's pretty typical.

Also my daughter woke up on Sunday and asked to watch Star Wars.  I asked her which one and she said the one with Princess Leia.   :wub:

I've watched Goonies with her as well, but it's actually pretty scary for her.  In fact a lot of the 80's kids movies are a bit edgy by today's standards.

reminded me of this:

Hmm, i do not think that it is so easy. From as long as i remember, i was instinctly drawn to the lone hero that fight the world and wins and getting the princess. It was something that i simply identified with strongly and i do not think that you can force that away just by watching movies based on different ideals.

What i'm trying to say it that i do not think that this is not based on behaviour, but rather on biology.

Anyhoo, Superbowl related (albeit a bit late)

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

...and the last one:

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I watched Warlock: The Armageddon and The Prophecy. Christopher Walken is awesome. Viggo Mortensen who played Lucifer has to be one of the best I’ve ever seen in that role, pure creepy. Only ever liked the first Warlock movie and Armageddon but since I hadn’t seen Armageddon in like fifteen years I notice more stuff now.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

I saw Here Comes the Boom and Hit & Run recently

Hit & Run was better and a lot funnier than I expected it to be and I especially liked Bradley Cooper as the dog loving, dreadlocked criminal type

Here Comes the Boom wasn't as funny as I was hoping but it was still pretty good and of course it had Salma Hayek  :wub:

Free games updated 3/4/21

We chose to watch Flight. We liked it quite a bit, from the drama/topic to the brief humor bits (John Goodman is awesome). Great soundtrack, too. And the plane crash part near the start was pretty dramatic/well done.

But the plane crash scene in Cast Away is still the most affecting one I've seen, maybe because it seemed more "personal".

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A Good Day to Die Hard. AKA Die Hard 5

Terrible movie. Probably the worst Die Hard yet. I say probably because my memories of 2 are long gone. I haven't seen it since the 90s. It was just a very mediocre action movie with a couple of good cinematographic moments. McClane doesn't really get the blue collar across, so instead is a generic action hero, same for the son, who doesn't even try to go for more down to earth.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That's a shame, I enjoyed the 4th Die Hard movie and thought it was a decent addition to the franchise.  The whole kids angle seemed like a perfect way to go, given that the original Die Hards were pretty much focused on this guy who was having marital problems. 

Do you mean the current movie "A Good Time to Die Hard"? LFoDH was the 4th movie.

The current version is getting panned by every critic Ive read.

Yes, I mean A Good Time. Fixed.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

My favorite sequel has to be Die Hard: With a Vengeance, Samuel L. Jackson was awesome in that movie. But I always liked that John McClane wasn’t some super cop or hardcore soldier, just your average guy that gets caught in a fubar situation. Haven't seen the new one yet but if what I'm hearing is true I'll wait for it to come out of netflix or amazon prime.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

The first Die Hard is the only one in my DVD collection. The others were all "eh, it's ok." :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

John McClane was never an 'average guy'. I like how that myth started. Did people REALLY watcht ehf irst movie? He is not an average guy. If he was truly an average guy this world would be a world fo awesome. FFS

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The first Die Hard is the only one in my DVD collection. The others were all "eh, it's ok." :)

I like the TBS cut of Die Hard 2 the best

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

John McClane was never an 'average guy'. I like how that myth started. Did people REALLY watcht ehf irst movie? He is not an average guy. If he was truly an average guy this world would be a world fo awesome. FFS

I think when people say that, what they mean is Bruce Willis isn't a Stallone or Schwarzenegger type.

Just Watched The Dictator. I laughed. I would recommend to anyone who liked Borat or Bruno.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

True. I think what they mean is that John McClane bleeds, he gets hurt. He is a tough guy, but he's still just a guy. In number four he was almost untouchable and made of steel and it doesn't look like he'll be any more vulnerable in the new one.

True. I think what they mean is that John McClane bleeds, he gets hurt. He is a tough guy, but he's still just a guy. In number four he was almost untouchable and made of steel and it doesn't look like he'll be any more vulnerable in the new one.

A geriatric 50 something guy that is in constant live or die situation, yeah he's probably got enough steel implants to be bulletproof.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"2001: A Space Odyssey" on Bluray

TL;DR-version: "Whoa!"

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy