Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

I still can't get into Dicaprio as a leading man. It's not that he can't be decent at the technicality of acting but he just has no "presence" for me, personally. I never found him attractive (so no girl-crush effect for me), and there's nothing else defining about him, even when he's trying to play diverse parts. I watch him and it always feels like his co-actors one-up him all the time in presence while Leo gets lost in the background. eg, Leo's kind of invisible to me.

On the other hand, maybe that's a sign of a good actor. What do I know....but it doesn't work for me in this case I guess.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I didn't like DiCaprio when he was younger, as he's gotten older he's been more and more awesome

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I didn't like DiCaprio when he was younger, as he's gotten older he's been more and more awesome

I agree, specially the teenage heartrob years when he was being typecasted as a male romantic lead.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I wouldn't bet on Leo winning anything until gives a performance like George C Scott in "Patton".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I wouldn't bet on Leo winning anything until gives a performance like George C Scott in "Patton".

He did a great job in "J.Edgar"

edit: DiCaprio I mean

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I personally find there's an awful lot of modern male leads who seem to lack old style gravitas, no real bottom.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

My favorite male actor has to be Antonio Banderas. Now to rewatch Desperado.

• Like 1

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

bring your guitar :) the Mariachi trilogy is my favourite set of films, Robert Rodriguez one of my favourite directors,

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

You watch Desperado for Salma Hayek, not Banderas.. ;)

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You watch Desperado for Salma Hayek, not Banderas.. ;)

In Desperado I get annoyed by her voice when she says "shoot him!, shoot him!" I watch from dusk till down for Salma Hayek. Quentin has a feet fetish...

which reminds me, "that ****ing band" is also awesome.

Edited by JFSOCC
  • Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I will admit that I watched both movies for Selma Hayek, who doesn’t seem to age at all (what’s up with that?), but I enjoyed both movies, which was an added bonus. I wonder if netflix has From Dusk till Dawn…

Edit; netflix has From Dusk till Dawn, 1, 2 and 3. Didn’t know they made that many.

Edited by Cariannis

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

Dust  till Dawn is one of the best horror adventure movies ever.  One of those sequels 9 i think part 3) is actually a prequel. Both sequels are subpar. watchable but nowhere enar the original.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Dusk till Dawn - the original one - is one of those films where I watched and thought "I shouldn't be liking this movie" but you can't help but like it anyway. It's great fun.

The Walking Dead episode last night was ok....I'm starting to dislike a bit the lack of focus. By that I mean, 30 second scene in the prison, then 30 second scene in that other town, back and forth, back and forth. Last season they were too focused (the farm, the endless search for the kid)...this time they went the other direction. Heh. Still like this season a lot more than the 2nd, however.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just found out that while The Ice Age movies are generally disliked domestically, overseas they are stupid popular. The latest made like 160 million domestic, and like 750 million overseas.

I was wondering why they kept making them.

Devastatorsig.jpg

While the first Ice Age was passable animated fare, the only real reason to watch the Ice Age movies is Scrat.

Then again, at this point, one can always go to YouTube and just watch Scrat's clips, from the movies and the stand alone ones by Blue Sky Studios.

"The latest made like 160 million domestic, and like 750 million overseas.

I was wondering why they kept making them."

You make it sound like 160mil domestically is somehow horrible. L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"The latest made like 160 million domestic, and like 750 million overseas.

I was wondering why they kept making them."

You make it sound like 160mil domestically is somehow horrible. L0LZ

Its not a lot when it costs 130 million to make it, plus marketing.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I just found out that while The Ice Age movies are generally disliked domestically, overseas they are stupid popular. The latest made like 160 million domestic, and like 750 million overseas.

I was wondering why they kept making them.

They are disliked by adult audiences overseas as well, kids however eat that **** up. They eat it up because there is no equivelant to say, High School Musical here.

High school musical used as a positive?

I believe a good children's movie doesn't treat children like retards. Spirited away, most pixar movies, Avatar the last airbender (animated series)

These are all good shows.

If I had children, I'm not sure if I would show them any ice age crap.

---

High school musical used as a positive?

No, it was Ice Age used as a positive. Dumb kids here clamp on to Ice Age because they don't have anything dumber to clamp on to, hence the ridiculous success of the Ice Age franchise over here. 'Overseas' lowest common denominator beats 'domestic' lowest common denominator by a longshot.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

The Ice Age movies aren't really dumber than any of the other direct to DVD fare that is out there for children.  It's pretty typical.

Also my daughter woke up on Sunday and asked to watch Star Wars.  I asked her which one and she said the one with Princess Leia.   :wub:

I've watched Goonies with her as well, but it's actually pretty scary for her.  In fact a lot of the 80's kids movies are a bit edgy by today's standards.

I thought the first Ice Age movie was kind of cute in an animated kid's movie kind of way.  Wasn't the best kids movie I've seen, but there have been worse kid series IMO.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man