Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

Wonder what it'll be about.  Knowing Metzen, it'll be Thrall's rise.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Duncan Jones is the son of David Bowie for that alone I’d be willing to give him a shot but I’ve seen Source Code and part of Moon so I have high hopes.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

Hm, wasn't that badly animated for the time. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This Means War (it was free)

...I must have been in the right mood, because I found it silly fun. Stupid, but fun. I kept having three thoughts while watching:

--Does Chris Pine wear contacts? Are his eyes really that blue when not filming?

--Reese Witherspoon gets more beautiful as time goes by.

--Where have I seen Tom Hardy before? (I finally realized I was thinking of ST:Nemesis)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

End of Watch .... I thought it would be better. A little too piecemeal for me. Also, the occasional videogame-like FPS camera shots - probably not the best choice.

The acting was fine/good, however.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Set up my PS3 to access US netflix so I've been watching the rest of Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes (Teletoon waited like 4 months longer to start the 2nd half of season 2 than Disney XD did in the US). Its such a good show. Shame Jeph Loeb had to come in and ruin everything like he does in Comics.

Also heard they're cancelling Young Justice. Best superhero show pretty much ever and its getting canned to make room for yet another Batman show.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm pissed about Young Justice, too. I'll agree that it may be tops for superhero cartoons.

Makes you wish they didn't do the five year jump between seasons one and two. There were probably a pile of great stories in there.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The jump was interesting though. Allowed them to expand the cast easily and the flashbacks and arguments were good ways to fill it in. Also: Nightwing =Awesome.

Everything Greg Weisman does is gold, so I eagerly anticipate his next project.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Sadly we wont get to see there take on Cassandra Cain or even Helena Wayne (one could wish right?) with the show ending. I am going to sign the petition to keep the show going.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

They've made up their mind already, I think. I've liked season two, but I quite liked the smaller scope portrayed in the first more.

And I totally agree, Oerwinde. Nightwing is great.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

More than one series has come back form the cutting block, look at Married with Children (hmm Kelly).

What really irks me now is after looking up some numbers, Young Justice gets similar ratings to Adventure Time and Clone Wars, both considered among the networks highest rated shows. And the shows they are replacing them with both look terrible. Especially Beware the Batman (because we need yet another Batman show.)

Devastatorsig.jpg

Battleship. A silly movie based on a board game shoudl suck. Well.. it didn't completely suck but was still medicore at best. It could have been so much better. The aliens had potential. The HOT chick... well... was friggin' H0T! 5.5/10

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Take Me Home Tonight, On the surface just another collage age movie of lost souls finding their way mixed in with boy crushes on out of his league girl but hella entetrauining with fantatsic acting. Lady crush was almost too perfect but still well done. 8/10

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What really irks me now is after looking up some numbers, Young Justice gets similar ratings to Adventure Time and Clone Wars, both considered among the networks highest rated shows. And the shows they are replacing them with both look terrible. Especially Beware the Batman (because we need yet another Batman show.)

I'm pretty sure the YJ and GL decision has less to do with ratings and more to do with merchandising money.  YJ's toyline did poorly and GL never rated one.

I watched PARANORMAN last night.  It was funny and really didn't go where I expected it to based on its premise.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've only caught a few of the GL episodes. Wasn't really impressed. Except for the steampunk one. It was good.

I watched Bronson the other night. It didn't really go anywhere, but I didn't seem to mind.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Saw the

I might have to go see that.