Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

So it looks like JJ Abrams is doing Episode VII. Thoughts?

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

J.J. Abrahams is decent as a visual director, but Goddamn, have you seen revolution? have you seen how retarded that show was? Have you seen lost, have you seen how retarded THAT show was (I called it from episode one: it was just going to be vague **** with no real plot with the mystery of wth is going on to keep people watching. and like rats in a trap they did.)

If you like J.J.'s love for excessively large plotholes in excessively formulaic and simple plots, then yes, I guess he would be a good choice.

But as a visual director he kicks ass, I'll grant him that.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Werner Herzog should do Star Wars VII.

Everyone will die, except the main hero who stands alone with a cold manic stare, talking to himself and being completely out of his mind.

*FIN*

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well it's owned by Disney, it will be a children's movie. There will be nothing even remotely controversial or challenging about it. If you recall there was some. Or at least some people believed the last movie to be a jab at the Bush administration.

Give it to Lars Von Trier. It will either be brilliant or boring 50% chance of either.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Lars Von Trier seems to be a hit or miss. He suffers, so he wants the actors to suffer, the movie to be a suffering experience, and to have the audience to suffer from it. But it can work at times.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

J.J. Abrahams is decent as a visual director, but Goddamn, have you seen revolution? have you seen how retarded that show was? Have you seen lost, have you seen how retarded THAT show was (I called it from episode one: it was just going to be vague **** with no real plot with the mystery of wth is going on to keep people watching. and like rats in a trap they did.)

If you like J.J.'s love for excessively large plotholes in excessively formulaic and simple plots, then yes, I guess he would be a good choice.

We had a fantastic thread on this forum for LOST, it went all six years and was filled with all our theories and interpretations.  I can't really think of any show I've had more fun with.  

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/54118-lost-season-six/?hl=lost

Could only find the season 6 thread.  Dang search button.

Edited by Hurlshot

Should have gone to David Lynch

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Well it's owned by Disney, it will be a children's movie."

Not all Disney movies are for children. On top of that, all SW movies have been for children. Why should that change?

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Just watched Lincoln, very good film and not too much Spielsberg sentimentalism, but at a few points I was left a little bemused. Mainly when the revered gentleman was pontificating on how the world would change with slavery being outlawed, forgive me if i'm wrong but hadn't the largest empire and political entity on the planet (England) abolished slavery quite a few years before the United States? Don't mean to denigrate the USA and Mr Lincolns achievements, but that was surely the world changing blow against slavery.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Drive -  eh, somewhat entertaining but it left me feeling like the main character was a little bit..slow. Or just way too focused on specfic things while completely blank on a whole lot of other things. But good music and some nice visuals.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Guest The Architect

Blood Diamond on Friday, third time I've seen it. Love it.

Now, on to Star Wars - it's in good hands. Abrams, Arndt, Kasdan, Kinberg. What I really want to know though, is who's going to be cast. I hope they bring the original cast back. As for the story, I think it should be about Luke struggling to rebuild the Jedi Order. Maybe the new villains are able to do something similar to what the Ysalamiri can do, only amplified and directed solely at enemies. That would provide additional opportunity for other non-Force user characters to play a significant part (i.e. Han making an important sacrifice to weaken the enemy).

Blood Diamond on Friday, third time I've seen it. Love it.

Now, on to Star Wars - it's in good hands. Abrams, Arndt, Kasdan, Kinberg. What I really want to know though, is who's going to be cast. I hope they bring the original cast back. As for the story, I think it should be about Luke struggling to rebuild the Jedi Order. Maybe the new villains are able to do something similar to what the Ysalamiri can do, only amplified and

directed solely at enemies. That would provide additional opportunity for other non-Force user characters to play a significant part (i.e. Han making an important sacrifice to weaken the enemy).

I think the original cast is either under contract, or all willing to come back. I heard Harrison Ford say that he wants them to kill Han if they to bring him back though. I know he's all old and can't be an action star, but if they bring him back Han will likely be some bigwig in the new Republic or something rather than being the dashing rogue of yore. This will be about their kids and will only have the original cast to tie it together if they are used at all.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

We had a fantastic thread on this forum for LOST, it went all six years and was filled with all our theories and interpretations.  I can't really think of any show I've had more fun with.  

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/54118-lost-season-six/?hl=lost

Could only find the season 6 thread.  Dang search button.

alright that's pretty cool, but have you seen this one:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/424093/ ?

it's purgatory

---

I saw Movie 43 yesterday.

It was like a live-action Family Guy.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I was really disappointed with John Dies At The End but that's mostly because I really enjoyed the book and the movie adapts maybe 25% of the plot and then skips to the end. The parts that were in there were pretty much spot on, but I saw two of my favourite moments from the book and the rest wasn't there. No random exploding dog, no FPS send up, no evil advertising, no Vegas.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Here Comes the Boom.

Kevin James as 42 year old biology teacher given in to apathy who ends up getting a reawakening to save fellow teacher Henry Winkler's job and attempts to raise money for the music program by getting into mixed martial arts out of school...

One of those odd films that follows the standards of the genre, and isn't particularly great (although Salma Hayak is one of the supporting characters) but still somehow manages to be fairly uplifting.

Although the finale bit of Viva America and the whole push on America the land of Dreams is a wee bit over the top.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Watched Beasts of the Southern Wild. Good movie.

---

I watched Iron Sky and all I can think about is ‘why did I watch this?’ This is the snip-it “having secretly fled to a base on the moon at the end of World War II, Nazis put the final touches on their plan to launch an invasion of Earth.” Reading that I should have known. 

I also just watched the Lon Ranger trailer…I am kind of torn I don’t know how I feel about it.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

Watched (most of) the extended edition of Aliens. Some of those extended scenes may drag the action down a bit, but I still like them for the added bits of character.

I'm still mad about Alien3 and the abrupt, pointless way they tossed aside the two other surviving characters. It's fine that they weren't a part of that film/story, it's just the way they did it. Bah.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Your picture reminds me of an article I read recently that says that cats kill 2.4 billion birds and 12.3 billion mammals a year…we may think there cute but underneath that cuteness is a cold blooded killer that does a very good job of killing things in the yard that I don’t like (and leaving something for me to step in).

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

Watched the first two episodes of "The Following," some new FoX show with Kevin Bacon. I liked it. I'm not seeing myself liking it past a season or so (I think I'd tire of the potential never-ending conflict they seem to be setting up), but seems like it'd make for a good season or half-season. At any rate, it's fun to see Bacon in a series.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts