Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

Saw Mama.

Weird scary-movie / dark fairy tale hybrid. Good and it has its scary moments (although mostly jump scares); refreshing to see the movie embrace its weird supernatural mythology so early in the film.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Watched Happiness...amazing stuff. Definitely recommendable. I also watched a movie called Subway Stories: Tales from the Underground which was also pretty good...very 90's-ish and nostalgic.

Now I have to decide between these 2 for tonight: 

-Welcome to the Dollhouse(more Todd Solondz!)

-There will be Blood(Haven't seen any movies by Paul Thomas Anderson yet)

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I think I made it five episodes into the River. The bit with the doll head on the monkey freaked me right the **** out. But the acting on that show was pretty atrocious, so I quit watching.

I'm on episode four of season one of Blake's 7. It's really, really dated, but the storyline so far is pretty good.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I watched Death Race 2 and then started on Death Race 2.  They are oddly mesmerizing in a B Movie sort of way.

You mean Death Race 3? well good ending to the trilogy started by jason statham

I did mean 3.  It was a pretty satisfying wrap up of the whole Death Race story.  Definitely a guilty pleasure.  

Maybe they will feature 14k as the lead in Death Race 4.  That guy was pretty awesome.

I think I made it five episodes into the River. The bit with the doll head on the monkey freaked me right the **** out. But the acting on that show was pretty atrocious, so I quit watching.

There were only 8 episodes and it sort of has an ending. I didn't find the acting any different to any other American show. :blink:

• Like 1

The River had some issues (like them seeing obviously supernatural things happening only to be later surprised when more supernatural things happened) but I did enjoy it and unlike some other horror series (say Harper's Island) I didn't feel the end was a let down.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm like 4 episodes into Last Resort and was really enjoying it, then found out it didn't even get a full season

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So it looks like JJ Abrams is doing Episode VII. Thoughts?

Devastatorsig.jpg

So it looks like JJ Abrams is doing Episode VII. Thoughts?

I don’t think he could do any worse than the prequels. I do predict lens flare though.

Edited by Cariannis

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

Abrams has done some good stuff, and some not so good stuff. Much like every other director. Star Trek was his only really good one though, but it shows he has the potential to pull it off stunningly.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Abrams has done some good stuff, and some not so good stuff. Much like every other director. Star Trek was his only really good one though, but it shows he has the potential to pull it off stunningly.

That was his good one ?  Hmmm...

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

J.J. Abrams already did a Star Wars movie. It was called Star Trek for some reason though.

Not enough space wizards to be a star wars movie.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I started to make a comment about JJ doing a SW film, then remembered I no longer care about new SW films. So instead I'll just wish good luck to him with that.

Being rather stuck in bed this week I saw a lot of trash TV. It's amazing what they'll make a show out of these days.

I also saw Taken 2 last night. Just as silly as the first one, if not moreso, but there's still something about Liam Neeson lumbering around like a tall, handsome Quasimodo kicking butt and acting all super serious that entertains me. Altho, this was the first film where I felt like he was starting to look a bit too old. If there's a Taken 3 I have a feeling Neeson won't be in it. Which is probably a good thing. For him, I mean.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I started to make a comment about JJ doing a SW film, then remembered I no longer care about new SW films. So instead I'll just wish good luck to him with that.

Being rather stuck in bed this week I saw a lot of trash TV. It's amazing what they'll make a show out of these days.

I also saw Taken 2 last night. Just as silly as the first one, if not moreso, but there's still something about Liam Neeson lumbering around like a tall, handsome Quasimodo kicking butt and acting all super serious that entertains me. Altho, this was the first film where I felt like he was starting to look a bit too old. If there's a Taken 3 I have a feeling Neeson won't be in it. Which is probably a good thing. For him, I mean.

Liam Neeson I can not get over this one scene,

. Now somebody put that together with the Tom Cruise scene here.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

My favorite Liam Neeson crazy scene is still the "pink elephant" one from Darkman. Classic.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

More intersted in the new Star Trek. cpt. Kirk seems to be little more than a pretty face, but that's fine. I don't mind rooting for the bad guys. None of the Star Trek movies were any good, but I don't understand why people insist the reboot is worse than the TNG movies. 

I just know I will enjoy this going into it with low expectations.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.