LadyCrimson

No seriously, where is the real Khan?
It might be Gary Mitchell, not Khan.

Also, the Gary Mitchell episode was titled

“Where No Man Has Gone Before”

Which kind of makes a complete sentence with the Star Trek movie title –

“Where No Man Has Gone Before…Into Darkness”

:biggrin:

For my part, I watched Breakheart Pass. Its still surprising good even when you know what the mystery is and why the killer is killing people on the train.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It might be Gary Mitchell, not Khan.

This .... makes total sense. And that would be the awesome, actually. I mean, the whole Khan thing was never completely officially confirmed, was it? Even on IMDB it says (rumored). So they could be thinking "everyone thinks it's Khan? Great, let them think that." Note: the character also wears a black shirt with the Federation emblem on it. I suppose he could have stolen the shirt to wear, but if not, that would make Mitchell even more likely (Khan was never originally in Starfleet...).

Regardless, I love Benedict, and he's the main reason I'd go see this new ST....in the theater. Even if he is Khan, I bet he'll surprise people and make a decent one for an alternate-reality backstory-Khan. He won't be Ricardo, but no one could be.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On movie related news..

IGN - Lucasfilm sued over crystal skull

A lawsuit was filed this week against Lucasfilm, its new owner Disney, and Indiana Jones film distributor Paramount Pictures over the use of a crystal skull replica in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Hold on. It gets better.

You may recall that there are only four crystal skulls known to exist in the world. Well, according to Boing Boing, "Dr. Jaime Awe, director of the Institute of Archaeology of Belize has brought suit on a number of parties on behalf of Belize. He is seeking the return of the Mitchell-Hedges skull and damages for use of its likeness. The Mitchell-Hedges is the missing fourth skull and was mentioned in the Indiana Jones movie. Awe claims the movie skull bears a striking resemblance to the original," which he says was stolen from Belize by a treasure-hunting family 88 years ago.

The lawsuit says the use of the Mitchell-Hedges likeness in Crystal Skull was unlawful, and so the plaintiffs are now seeking part of the Steven Spielberg-directed sequel's profits (it made $786.6 million at the worldwide box office).

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

While I love the use of a Prince .gif, I don't get the Tom Cruise dig. He may be a complete nutjob in real life, but I can't think of a bad movie he has ever done.

That poster is pretty sweet. I'm also thankful this isn't an Elder Scrolls movie.

Not actual movies but Ive recently discovered the currently running second season of American Horror Story. Excellent storytelling and last night the missus and I had a marathon (12 episodes) of season one on Netflix. I highly recommend it.

That show creeped the bejeezus out of me. You are clearly a braver man than I.

While I love the use of a Prince .gif, I don't get the Tom Cruise dig. He may be a complete nutjob in real life, but I can't think of a bad movie he has ever done.

****tail? That movie was awful.

edit: Seriously? I can’t even name the movie? LOL

Its that drink here.

Edited by Cariannis

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

Its that drink here.

Next your going to tell me Roadhouse isn't awesome :blink:

Its that drink here.

Next your going to tell me Roadhouse isn't awesome :blink:

Roadhouse is a guilty pleasure. But it’s not great, far from it. ****tail on the other hand sucked hard.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

That Oblivion trailer seems to have been pulled, since it's not officially supposed to be out until tomorrow I think. Anyway, I can't see it. :(

I'm not a fan of Cruise as RL persona or actor, but I think he has been in some decent movies. He (or his agents) know what scripts to pick, most of the time. I generally like him better when he's playing the stoic, action type (like in Collateral or MI) vs. the heroic, human drama type. Most of the time I ignore him and just focus on the movie/other actors. Anyway, I'll look for the trailer tomorrow. If he's playing a loner-type in a sci-fi movie, I might find that decent.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That Oblivion trailer seems to have been pulled, since it's not officially supposed to be out until tomorrow I think. Anyway, I can't see it. :(

I'm not a fan of Cruise as RL persona or actor, but I think he has been in some decent movies. He (or his agents) know what scripts to pick, most of the time. I generally like him better when he's playing the stoic, action type (like in Collateral or MI) vs. the heroic, human drama type. Most of the time I ignore him and just focus on the movie/other actors. Anyway, I'll look for the trailer tomorrow. If he's playing a loner-type in a sci-fi movie, I might find that decent.

You're welcome.

Man, this is truly Bill Murray's best role:

Really enjoyed this movie.

I always liked Caddyshack or Stripes. None of that maters until we get Ghostbusters 3…or Carl Spackler is going to blow up a gopher. Do you want gophers to die?

That Oblivion trailer doesn't make the movie look all that interesting, outside of some sci-fi visuals. Looks rather predictable story-wise tho.

Watched The Great Escape last night. Always a classic.

I think that Oblivion trailer gave away a bit too much information.

There's that too. :)

Got around to watching some of The Hobbit trailers and blog videos. I have mixed feelings about it. Love the actor who's playing younger Bilbo. But my concern is I'll feel too much like I've seen it before, if you know what I mean. eg will I find it all as enchanting as seeing LoTR the first time or will it seem too old hat...

I too have some trepidation for the hobbit. the trailer showed me just a little too much slapstick comedy

I ****ing hate slapstick comedy.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Think harder, then.

Rock of Ages

Knight and Day

Mission: Impossible III

The Last Samurai

Far and Away

****tail

I hear Jack Reacher is rubbish too.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: