What is the class you will be playing first?

What class will you play first?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. What class will be the one you play the first time you play P:E?

• Fighter
    • Wizard
    • Rogue
    • Priest
    • Paladin
    • Barbarian
    • Cipher
    • Druid
    • Ranger
    • More
  2. 2. More options

• Monk
    • Chanter
    • I picked from the first question.

I think this poll will have to be redone once there is more information on specific classes. DnD Barbs and Clerics are somewhat boring (albeit powerful) classes and we'll have to see what they bring to the table in P:E. Personally I'm more curious about how the ranger will do, considering they're so underpowered in many games but maybe Obs have some really interesting ideas.

I'm a bit surprised Cipher is so far up. I chose Wizard myself. Who would have thought?

What's less surprising is the lack of love for Barbarians. Give us more information about these guys, Obsidian!

Not my thing, but, yeah, they do need more information no doubt.

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

Well, since few to none have said it... I say, barbarians! Will class choices have some amount of story reactivity assigned to them? I'd like to play a game where characters finally recognize the class I chose... walking into a city dressed up in rags and furs should draw at least some amount of attention. No one recognized you were a barbarian in Neverwinter Nights 2.

One of the first fantasy games I ever played was the original Everquest, where I played a Shadowknight; basically an evil Paladin. Where a Paladin would have heals and cures, a Shadowknight would have death and disease spells.

I've always wanted to see an IE type game that had an actual Death Knight class instead of having to cobble one together out of a Fighter and a Necromancer-school wizard.

That said, I voted Ranger. I like the idea of them (particularly archery based Rangers) but they usually felt kind of gimped in DnD PC games that I played.

Well, since few to none have said it... I say, barbarians! Will class choices have some amount of story reactivity assigned to them? I'd like to play a game where characters finally recognize the class I chose... walking into a city dressed up in rags and furs should draw at least some amount of attention. No one recognized you were a barbarian in Neverwinter Nights 2.

what i find more curious is why i can be a barbarian when ive spent my whole life in a secluded swamp town with no barbarians around...

I will play them all if they are playable (not like bard in d&d)

1 will be paladin becouse i want to see mechanics of these class, secondry if multiclassing is possible fighter-mage if not something most simillar. i whoud probaple never play rogues and monks becouse i simply don't like that style ... but if playing some kind of assasin is possible i will at least like to see how mechanics for thouse are looking.

I will be a drow priest if possible. In my experience priests have always been very powerful if not op in most games, including D&D games. I love the utility priests generally provide. In most games i've played priests have always been able to spec into a multitude of different roles, and are generally less restrained. Capable of equipping and utilizing any gear, from cloth to plate...(plate only if speced into it, but yeah).

Nor do they suffer from armor spell failure ..Well tbh, I don't really know much about the mechanics of this game, apparently they are making their own unique game...but its going to be awesoomeeeee. Honestlymost classes appeals to me, so long as they have interesting mechanics that I can experiment with. I love min maxing and i loooveee discoving overpowered machanics. If priests end up being bland/unappealing/restrained into one role, I will choose something else. I don't much like wizards though, at least not the way they have been portrailed in D&D games in the past. I loved wizards other games though, it depends. I might end up making a fighter, fighters are guaranteed to have access to lots of different armors/weapons/ and specs. Eeeh you never know till your in game :)

Considering how "flexible" Obsidian wants to make the class structures overall, I hope I can finesse some weird pseudo-hybrid along the lines of Rogue-Priest. (Since I love the Cleric/Thief in ol' BG. :p)

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

My first choice will be the Cipher... it's a psionic... I mean... A PSIONIC!!! I cannot wait!

In the second playthrough I will go tough, obtuse and stompy, with an entire clan of tank-ish Dwarven Warriors!

The knees of my enemies shall tremble before the Kneesmasher Clan! *insert malefic dwaven laugh*

LXIfI.jpg

Actually, what I'd like is a class where I can be like Indigo Montoya. Fencing, speed, footwork. And utterly charming, of course.

Hello! My name is Indigo Montoya. You killed my parents, Blue Montoya and Violet Montoya. Prepare to die.

Sorry, had to. :D

Going with cipher since it is an unusual archetype.

Also, interested in how priests play out since there will be no curative magic.

Druids and wizards are my mainstay though.

Tricky, tricky, tricky.

I'll probably do tried and true favorites plus one new and intriguing class. Monk, if it's anything like it's Baldur's Gate counterpart, will undoubtedly be one of my favorite classes, and one of the first I delve into. Druids also tend to be a personal favorite of mine for whatever reason. Cipher... well, I've never personally played a psionic race or class type before, but the abilities mentioned interest me immensely.

Probably also a swashbuckling style thief, if the character building mechanics permit it, if not, a fighter in similar vein.

Captain James Hook: No stopping me this time, Smee. This is it. Don't make a move Smee, not a step. My finger's on the trigger. Don't try to stop me, Smee.

Smee: Oh, not again.

Captain James Hook: This is it. Don't try to stop me this time, Smee. Don't try to stop me this time, Smee. Don't you dare try to stop me this time, Smee, try to stop me. Smee, you'd better get up off your ass. Get over here, Smee.

Smee: I'm coming. I'm coming.

Captain James Hook: Stop me. This is not a joke. I'm committing suicide.

Captain James Hook: Don't ever frighten me like that again.

Smee: I'm sorry.

Captain James Hook: What are you? Some kind of a sadist?

Smee: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. How do you feel now?

Captain James Hook: I want to die.

I'm somewhat bemused regarding the dislike of the companions in NWN2.

For one thing, I thought Bishop was one of the best companions ever written. Secondly, compared to the mindless drivel that was called companions in NWN, NWN2 was a huge step forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably a warrior or ranger. Cipher maybe... Anything but monk; as in my other post in a different topic, those Mr. Miyagi wannabes with their shenanigans should sit in their cells prayin' or whatever.

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...