What is the class you will be playing first?

What class will you play first?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. What class will be the one you play the first time you play P:E?

• Fighter
    • Wizard
    • Rogue
    • Priest
    • Paladin
    • Barbarian
    • Cipher
    • Druid
    • Ranger
    • More
  2. 2. More options

• Monk
    • Chanter
    • I picked from the first question.

A frail nerd in a dress is exactly what I want.

hey man, whatever floats your life raft...

Ideally, I'd like a whole party of frail nerds. In the IE games I liked to go with 4-5 mages at a time.

And you could do so because mages were kinda OP. Now try going 4-5 bards. that would be quite a feat.

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

And you could do so because mages were kinda OP.

Only at mid-high levels. At low levels, a 5 mage party was lunacy.

And I've always preferred low-level gameplay. I really enjoy playing AD&D mages at level 2. It's a shame no one else seems to.

God used to be my co-pilot, but then we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat him.

I voted for Wizard

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And you could do so because mages were kinda OP.

Only at mid-high levels. At low levels, a 5 mage party was lunacy.

And I've always preferred low-level gameplay. I really enjoy playing AD&D mages at level 2. It's a shame no one else seems to.

a lone adventuring wizard is pretty questionable at such low levels to begin with (from an RP perspective) simply because he doesn't know anything, let alone how to combat that menacing squirrel that wants to eat him...

what would justify 5 frail nerds who don't know anything about the world to leave the protective bosom of their masters blouse?

• Like 1

I'm going to go for a cipher, playing the suave debonair type that reads people's minds. I'll go with whatever race synergises best with that (i.e. whatever race seems both sophisticated and well liked). I think I'll have a good playthrough to start with too, just because it's nice to have that as a norm before trying out more unusual moralistic options.

Hard choice, if I know something about the game I usually take a class that makes sense with companions and their classes.

I usually go for the rogue if I know nothing about the NPCs/game or if I expect there to be enough with different classes in the game, now we will not have that many NPCs in the game and it is often useless to have two rogues in the party. So it will depend on how good the NPC rogue is (how appealing he/she is to me) and when he is introduced to the game (if it is late in the game, I usually also play rogue).

Second choice is usually a healer, so cleric, but since healing magic is rarely found in the game, I am not sure if this class will be my cup of tea. Have to wait and see.

Third choice will be the Ranger.

But I will have to wait and see before I can decide.

Edited by Rink

I chose rogue altho until we have more information thats just a guess based on the fact that I like a really good rogue type and I can't always count on the devs to provide one that fits the style of rogue-ness I want.

Rogue is also typically a good group spokesman in case only the PC gets to lead conversations and it's typically the class with the most options.

On the other hand if I get into the game and find there is the rogue of my dreams already waiting for me I'm quite likely to set my PC rogue aside and choose another interesting class to play instead.

For that matter within the first month I am just as likely to have a half dozen PCs at various parts of the early game while I make up my mind which one will carry on to the next section first. :yes:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Most likely a Chanter as "bard" has been my most played class in rpg's so far. I especially liked the blade kit from bg2 so if possible i will have a dual-wielding chanter of some sort. As far as i understand gear restrictions will not be very tight so here's hoping. The fact that chanters can do whatever else while "performing" will hopefully help having one that is more combat oriented.

Also, on my first try I tend to go goody-goody on all choices, so I might just go and pick a Paladin.

After a bit of info on how PE Paladin is going to be and a bit of rethinking, I'm not going there soon. Maybe on a create a whole party playthrough.

Rogue or fighter, most likely a fighter.

Likely a ranger. I just like the entire concept, and we'll be in the Dyrwood after all :).

I also like to use wizard and rogue classes as my avatar, but I'm currently playing an Archer (in BG2) for the first time and enjoying it a lot.

"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

• 2 weeks later...

Druid.. naturally :) !!!

Cyphre's Companions Pack v0.75.2 | Cyphre's Dual-Wieldable Flails & Heavy Flails v1.2 | Cyphre's PrC Pack v0.75 | Cyphre's Remove Annoying Effects Extension (Tortoise Shell) v1.0

1equwd7qnahnqayd4y2s7xk.jpg

"O, the life of the Druid is the life of the land.

We are one with the dark earth on which we proudly stand.

One with the Mother who has suckled us from birth,

Her streams and her rivers, we are one with the earth;

One with the Father, whose oak supports the sky,

Who gazes on us daily with his great, immortal Eye..."

Uhh... this poll should be 1 poll not 2.

Having said that,

Since there is no multi-classing, I will probably start with a monk, then play a mage, and then god knows what after. Chanter sounds interesting, but I know nothing about it.

Uhh... this poll should be 1 poll not 2.

Having said that,

Since there is no multi-classing, I will probably start with a monk, then play a mage, and then god knows what after. Chanter sounds interesting, but I know nothing about it.

You only have 10 options per question. The polling option is designed that way, I had to work around it. Otherwise, yes it would be 1 poll not 2.

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

I'm very interested to see how the Cipher class works out so that is my choice for now. As more details are released about the classes I may lean towards Wizard but so far my curiosity is insatiable in regards to the new elements of this game.

• Like 1

Do not criticize a fish for being a turtle when it is, in fact, a fish.

I hate paladins. I never play paladins. I especially find paladin (or Paladin like) npcs to be insufferable (Aribeth, Ajantis, Mazzy, Anomen)

Ironically enough, the two classes I'm mostly to start playing with are the cleric (most similar to DnD paladins) and the paladin. Go figure...

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Priest, probably. Maaaaaybe fighter.

**** doing damage. Just cover me in metal and put a shield in each hand.

I like the way you think. I can recommend you Dark Soul's for dual shielding :)

On topic it's a hard choice. My first tought was an archer Rogue but i'm also a nature lover so ranger/druid is on the table too.

Then comes my bloodlust which pokes me to play a barbarian.

Eh i'm not voting :)

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100