What is the class you will be playing first?

What class will you play first?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. What class will be the one you play the first time you play P:E?

• Fighter
    • Wizard
    • Rogue
    • Priest
    • Paladin
    • Barbarian
    • Cipher
    • Druid
    • Ranger
    • More
  2. 2. More options

• Monk
    • Chanter
    • I picked from the first question.

Hello. Based on what we know AT THE MOMENT about the different classes and your previous experiences with other IE/D&D games, I wanted to know what class you will choose to play as a party first.

A few rules:

• There will be no multi-classing, so pick only one.
  • You have one class you can pick for your PC. You will be obviously picking up other companions to help fill out the required skills in different quests, so just think about the class for your PC. Do not consider what we know about the companions (which is absolutely nothing).
  • If you are going to be playing a game filled with only your characters from the player house, tell me the class that you will be playing for your PC, the one you relate to the most.
  • We only have descriptions given to us from OEI and what we know from prior IE games and table-top experiences. Limit yourself to that and don't say, "I'd play this class first if I know that they will have X and Y implemented for sure." No design input from players, no aspirations for your classes.
  • This is the first play through, so no meta-gaming. Think about what's been important in previous experiences and what you've enjoyed playing in the past or what might be exciting for this first play through.

Comment below with which ones make up your party and other thoughts. Let me know if you think the poll sucks and what I should do to change it before the editting window runs out.

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 1

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

I voted priest since I'm the type to usually play fighters or priests but there's a part of me that really wants to make a chanter. I will most likely make all the previously mentioned classes and more at some point, but for my first character it's looking like:

Priest: 35%

Barbarian: 30%

Chanter: 20%

Fighter: 10%

Other: 5%

Note: Subject to change when more info on character classes is revealed.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's rather difficult to answer this question as I haven't met the NPCs and I'd like to make my runs through the game with lively companions, not automatons I've created in the Hall of Adventurers. Regardless of their potential class utility, if I find the NPC in question objectionable I'm going to leave them at the Hall after I recruit them. There they'll stay the rest of the game. Let's hope that the NPCs are better in P:E than they were in NWN2. *shudders*

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

It's rather difficult to answer this question as I haven't met the NPCs and I'd like to make my runs through the game with lively companions, not automatons I've created in the Hall of Adventurers. Regardless of their potential class utility, if I find the NPC in question objectionable I'm going to leave them at the Hall after I recruit them. There they'll stay the rest of the game. Let's hope that the NPCs are better in P:E than they were in NWN2. *shudders*

Right. The point is to see which classes will get the most play. I want to see what classes people are excited about and which ones people aren't.

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

My first character will probably be a Chanter.

That's because on my first playthrough I'll probably try to do as many different things as I can, and the Chanter will probably fit that role perfectly. I also love to collect lots of buffs, so the rest of my party will probably consist of a Paladin, Barbarian, Priest, Wizard and Cipher. I'll have to see if the Chanter can fill the role of the thief all by himself though.

I always play cleric first when I can. Since it seems Priest is the equivalent in PE, that's the class I'm going to try first. But if chests/locks are only pickable by rogues (sigh, DA series), that will change quite quickly to rogue. I like stealing stuff in games :biggrin:

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239

Right. The point is to see which classes will get the most play. I want to see what classes people are excited about and which ones people aren't.

Oh, anything but monk. I've never liked the Hong Kong Phooey, chi-lets-me-punch-dragons crap. I'm generally inclined to play a druid or ranger, but rogues, clerics, and wizards are high on my list of preferred classes, too.

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

I'll agree with that assessment of NWN2 companions except for Neeshka. Neeshka is awesome. All the other NWN2 companions I didn't much care for. If the most recent Obsidian games are anything to go by then I'm feeling quite optimistic as I think Fallout: New Vegas has several memorable companions.

That point about companions is a fair one, but in my opinion doesn't apply that much to the first playthrough as is does to subsequent playthroughs. None of us are going to know which companions are interesting when heading in to the game for the first time anyway. I suppose we could go by looks, but books and covers and all that jazz.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

From past infinity engine games/what has been released so far, I'm guessing Druid, Ranger, Paladin or Barbarian. My usual preference is bards so I might concievably go chanter, but the basic class concept is a bit vague at present and lacking the instruments which I was always fond of.

I usually go caster for my first playthrough of just about anything. So I'm thinking I'll go Priest/Mage/Cypher in that order of likelihood. Then I'll go a rogue/monk/ranger next time around.

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

I usually start games out with a Cleric, so it would usually be Priest.. That being said, a lot of more modern games I've been playing as a Mage so I might end up as a Wizard. I've also begun replaying a lot of older games as a Bard and I'm enjoying that a heck of a lot, so I might end up going Chanter.

I will be playing a Cleric, Chanter or Wizard, but it's quite up in the air at the moment... I just don't know which one it will be. Chanter definitely sounds the most interesting at the moment, we'll see if any of the others peak my interest when more information is released.

Edited by Sylvanpyxie

Fighter.

Fighter/cipher or fighter/rogue/cipher if they include multi-classing.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

I don't think there's an RPG where I haven't picked rogue, but this cipher class intrigues me, and would probably be the next play-through.

I don't always care much for the "magic has an answer to everything" theme of DnD inspired games, so I tend to avoid magicians.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I can't vote because I don't have enough information on class skills etc. to know whether any stated "class" is going to fit into my personal likes/playstyle.

If, in the end, Monk's have a rule/skill set that sounds appealing, I'm going to play the Monk. But it's entirely possible I won't like the sound of P.E. Monk gameplay, thus I won't want to try them first. Some games I love Monks. Some games I've disliked Monks. *shrugs* Other than that, in the past I'd go with mages, but as of late I find them generally too familiar, so I'd probably go for a Ranger and leave the Wizardry to the companions.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I said Ranger because I find a certain romance to it, but in fact I will try every single race (unless there turn out to be beastman/anthropomorphic animal-type races which I will not touch out of spite for furries,) and class option before deciding on which path to take.

Edit: Barbarian: 0.00% made me laugh.

Edited by AGX-17