uses for dead companions..

but for most playthroughs many people don't want to miss conversation option because their companion died.

That's what he is referring to. That there should be a good enough reason for people to not load a save, every time a party member accidentally dies.

Problem is that there is none and never will be if dead of that NPC is not intended by designer. Noone will double amout of work to create different story of character if he dies. Yes there is posibility for small quest for Ironman mode, but noone with sense can think that designers will branch each story if you loose your companion or not. We still talking about game, there is no GM sitting inside you PC constantly monitoring all you thoughts and actions.

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

-snip-

But not everyone is suggesting story related additions. Just a reason, whatever is that, to not give a damn about it.

And of course it will still matter to a lot of people and so they will reload. But not everyone will, and so the question is: can we get something out of the accident/corpse?

I am going to create poll for you

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

What for? I don't care about whicht side has the most, if that's what you're saying.

No I am saying that people should think before posting something stupid they want in game no matter how big waste of time it would for devs to implement such thing. And poll can clearly tell devs if such feature is demanded enough to start even think about it

No I am saying that people should think before posting something stupid they want in game no matter how big waste of time it would for devs to implement such thing. And poll can clearly tell devs if such feature is demanded enough to start even think about it

(I can't find a facepalm pic good enough for this)

What should people think? They just state an opinion, and some jokes. What disturbs you so much, I don't understand. No one's demanding anything, we just make conversation. And again, not everyone suggests quests/story about randomly dead npcs.

Numbers(polls) don't say much without context.

other ideas..?

Door stop?

Candle holder?

Paper weight?

:)

Seriously though, it would be interesting if this setting had some unique funeral rituals. Perhaps secondary bone burial or placing the embalmed body on platforms mounted on scaffolds? Maybe the body is buried and a sacred shrub is planted above. If and when the shrub flowers, it is taken as a sign that the soul of the corpse was reborn (somewhere).

That brings up another thought: is there an institution that performs the service of finding where a soul was reborn?

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

What for? I don't care about whicht side has the most, if that's what you're saying.

Methinks somebody doesn't understand the point of a general forum.

Food source in emergencies.

Meat shield (lift them in front of you to soak up arrows).

Raise them from the dead (though I heard this is going to be super rare if at all possible).

Have them stuffed and mounted in your keep. :p

Throw them down a hall to check for traps.

Dragon bait.

Spell components.

Shelter from the cold.

Makeshift projectiles (parts of them anyway).

Tools (femurs make good clubs).

• Like 1

If I remember correctly carbon makes up about a quarter of the human body weight, so burn the body (and leather, armour etc) and use the carbon content to case harden your weapons...

I also hear that dead fighters makes great fully armoured projectiles. So attach a trap/something explosive to the body, aquire a trebouchet, assault a castle...or if your ever stuck up a snowy mountain peak and need to clear a path through some enemies advancing up the mountain - wait for some rigour mortis to set in, make snowball...

I'm neutral good, honest.

1. Companion dead.

2. Necromancy.

3. New companion.

4. PROFIT!!!

I like it! Of course, all of the companion's spoken lines will have to be replaced with gurgling and drooling sounds, as well as the occasional "eeeeeh...".

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

emergency rations?

....additional romance options once rigor mortis sets in...

:biggrin:

Why do I get this feeling that some self proclaimed "family value" pundit is going to screen cap this and use it as evidence why games are bad.

No sense of humour :aiee: from them, if that happens.

Oh well...

South Park Style: *Jumps around* I'm on TV! I'm on TV! :banana:

Edited by kenup

I've got one - once your Rogue is dead and rigor mortis sets him (pre romance like) dress 'em up as a dashing rogue, attach to a parachute and then to a carriage with the horses set at the mages tower window you want to break into. Once a distraction is created (and maybe Weekend at Bernie's style, dashing rogue gets their romance completed and party still gets the xp), you can hike it in and gets the goods.

See, this Kickstarter stuff is great - what would Obsidian do without such valuable feedback.