Armour & weapon designs - a plea (part III).

I just read the Wiki-entry on Estoc: apparently a thrust weapon that's great against plate and ring mails.

On that note, a few questions:

It was apparently 2H, but can be used as 1H as well. What will it be in PE?

Some estocs measure over five feet, while most seem to be a bit shorter than four. How long will they be?

How tall will Orlans be - that is, can they wield estocs? Or is PE basically built on all weapons can be used by all races?

And why "estoc" and not the more English "tuck"?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I like them democratic wear-n-wield systems. Although not as realistic, they give me more choice when playing various races and characters.

And I gotta admit, "estoc" sounds cooler than "tuck".

"Let me tuck you in for one final nightie, nightie!" That's more a line for a thug who's nicked an estoc.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I will play yang and say that searching for unique equipment for races is more interesting than suits-anybody items.

Arcanum, I thought, handled it fairly well - there were three armour sizes : small, normal and large; weapons, however, only required a certain score of strength to use (effectively, that is). 

I'd imagine that the same method could work for PE as well.

Edited by Karranthain

Up in Leeds on business, found time to pop into the Royal Armouries and salivate over the displays.

• Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

^ *clinkity-klangkity-clinkity-klangity*

That racket would drive any party rogue worth his salt to drinking--heavily! :p

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

http://news.discovery.com/animals/insects/spidey-silk-can-actually-halt-a-train-130225.htm#mkcpgn=rssnws1

So, spidersilk shirts, yeah? good. There's the light armour I desire. :p

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

http://news.discovery.com/animals/insects/spidey-silk-can-actually-halt-a-train-130225.htm#mkcpgn=rssnws1

So, spidersilk shirts, yeah? good. There's the light armour I desire. :p

I'm hoping for that Power Ranger spandex that deflects lazers and metallic blades, alike, and seems to be powered by sparks. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I do believe that the important piece in that picture is not the poor peasant's weapon or the knight's armour or even the plume on the helmet, but rather, that someone, somewhere, really wanted to make horses look like unicorns.

I want to know more about that someone.

jcod0.png

• 2 weeks later...