Demon's Souls

Guest RytGansta

I believe this is highly unlikely, namely because I think FromSoftware is exhausted after doing the mad-dash to port Dark Souls in under nine months or so. That required their whole studio going *choochoo*. And it was work that almost seemed thrust upon them. I think they'd like to do their own thing and either develop a new series or a new game in the Souls franchise. They probably don't want to spend another year tirelessly porting an old game.

It would be more sensible to beg them to make a sequel to Dark Souls and this time build the sequel with easy porting to PC in mind.

I am not entirely sure if Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are built with the same engine or not. It would make porting Demon's Souls much easier if they do share the same engine, but I'm not sure how much easier that would be.

Edited by anubite

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

It's not like it can't be done. The XBOX version is always easier to port, you're right. But they could port it, it would probably just be prohibitively expensive and time-consuming. Or at least, I'm sure nobody at From wants to do it even if it might be relatively simple.

Edited by anubite

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

It's not like it can't be done. The XBOX version is always easier to port, you're right. But they could port it, it would probably just be prohibitively expensive and time-consuming. Or at least, I'm sure nobody at From wants to do it even if it might be relatively simple.

Sony owns Demon's Souls therefor it will never come to the PC.

Guest RytGansta

I hear you guys, but we must also consider the implications: Demon's Souls is one of those games that rarely show up and blow you away. In my case, I would love for such a game to be ported, mainly, because I think such a gem should be preserved (which will of course not happen if it stays console-exclusive, for the moment the PS4 rears its head, give or take a few years for the sands of time to swallow the PS3 library). Besides, if memory serves me right, I think From licensed DeS engine (Phyre I believe it's called) in order to make DaS.

Sony owns Demon's Souls therefor it will never come to the PC.

In case you didn't realize, Sony is not only hemorrhaging money, but desperate. What benefit is there in just keeping Demon's Souls exclusive? It's already had its effect in making people buy PS3's. I think they would give From the rights to port it, for a proper price.

Chances are Sony is working on a Demons Souls 2 with some other developer while From Software/Namco are working on Dark Souls 2 or a spiritual successor (new King's Field please?). The chances of the latter getting a PC port is slim, but there.

Huh? Where did you get any of that information? How could Sony work on a Demon's Souls 2? Dark Souls and DS should be property of From, even if Demon's Souls was signed to be PS3 exclusive.