Pope

The Good

GTA V will cover an area bigger than San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined.

The Bad

There will be no real estate to purchase (a big reason why Vice City is still my fav GTA to date).

The Ugly

GTA V will feature 3 playable protagonists: not sold on this one yet, will have to see how it is integrated.

Latest trailer:

http://www.rockstarg...-wednesday.html

I'm interested, but I really hope the controls are better than GTA IV. They were improved in Red Dead Redemption. What worries me is the size of the game world. Will the game be stable and will the game world feel empty? I'm interested in the three main character scenario. I'm not sure if it will be good or bad, but they have three characters with distinct personalities and dfferent lifestyles outside of their crimes. It could all become a mess, but I did enjoy GTA IV, even if it wasn't close to being my favorite game of the generation. I didn't take it seriosly and just had fun with it. (I did take a long break from the game before completing it.)

I was about to post this, I love the GTA series.

The only issue I have is that it won't be released for PC in the beginning, and I heard a concerning rumor it may not be. But I doubt this

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I still have mixed feelings about GTA IV.

On one hand, I thought it greatly improved the driving. Realistic physics meant that actual skill was suddenly required, as opposed to the cars in previous installments which were basically glued to the road.

On the other, I was quite disappointed by the reduced scale and the lack of fun things to do besides the main storyline.

Edit: to be fair, I did find that the Episodes both enhanced the game's quality, especially Gay Tony.

Edited by Pope

I wish they'd spend even a bit of time improving the combat. It's the one area I absolutely hate the GTA series (and one of the reasons why, even though the basic mission structure was similar, I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs more than GTA IV).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Not really sure that size is a "pro"... San Andreas was seriously hurt by being so big, and areas generally feeling empty and a waste of space. Still hate the countryside.

Also, can't say I liked IV's realistic driving above the III series arcadish. Made for much better chases. In IV, not so much fun anymore.

All in all, not too thrilled.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Couldn't get into any GTA after Vice City. Other than some annoying missions I really hated (flying a remote helicopter through a construction site for example) it was an amazing gaming experience. The 80s and Miami Vice thing it had going allowed for a very focused atmosphere that for me they just haven't managed to create since.

If I can't have that I'll just go all crazy character customization and over the top grotesque sillyness and wait for Saints Row: Enter the Dominatrix

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Also, can't say I liked IV's realistic driving above the III series arcadish. Made for much better chases. In IV, not so much fun anymore.

Do not agree that it made for better chases. I found it a lot more satisfying having to get the hang of each car's physics.

The Bad

There will be no real estate to purchase (a big reason why Vice City is still my fav GTA to date).

That matters to people...?

What isn't there to like about owning half the city? If anything in the GTA series ever made you feel like you're rising to power it was this.

If only they could have a good fighting system like Sleeping Dogs.

The Bad

That matters to people...?

You got different missions and money from them. I liked it in Vice City. It also happens to be my favourite GTA game and the only one in the series I completed twice.

Yeah, buying up real estate is one of my favorite parts of Saint's Row. It scratches some sort of itch.

Lol, I see it, I must have it

If it's good enough for Burt Reynold's to be it's mayor, it's good enough to buy :p

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I have to admit, at the moment I'm very unconcerned about GTAV.

I've tried several times but I just can't get myself to complete IV. There are aspects that are fun, but eh, the story just grinds me down and I find myself completely unconnected or unconcered with it. Which kills my enthusiasm for pushing through it and wrapping it up.

Nothing I've seen so far on GTAV actually makes me want to rush out and get it when it releases. It just seems to be sliding into that "maybe, if I see it on sale, and I'm in the mood" section of my gaming awareness at the moment...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

If only they could have a good fighting system like Sleeping Dogs.

Which was a carbon copy of the Batman Arkham games' gameplay. Not to say it was bad, but when your game's saving grace is ripped off of another game, you might need to rethink your design principles.

It's pretty clear that two middle aged white guys and an inner city minority gang member are not going to be kung-fu experts.

Edited by AGX-17

It's weird, but despite the fact that I'm a fan of the series I'm not the least bit enthusiastic about GTA V.

I guess my reasons are:

a) GTA IV left a bad taste in my mouth. For a game that has so many good things going for it, it frustrated and angered me to no end, to the point that I can't bring myself to finish it because it's just such a pain to play.

b) Will they finally have a halfway decent combat system that doesn't make me want to put my fist through my monitor? (this is one of the causes of reason "a")

c) Rockstar missed an opportunity to take the series to a new and interesting location. Sleeping Dogs showed how much of an impact location can have on a game, with Hong Kong being a fantastic setting. While GTA San Andreas is my favorite entry in the series, Los Santos was EASILY the most boring of the 3 cities in the game, and on top of that it's getting reused just like Liberty City got reused in GTA IV.

d) The 2 trailers shown so far left me completely uninspired. I'm not sure why, but I suspect it's the 3 protagonists. They all seem so dull and uninteresting.

I do hope the game proves me wrong and winds up being great, though.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks