Really ? In-game realtime clock ? Who caaaaaaaaaaaares... Shouldnt we discuss on this forum IMPORTANT THINGS and GOOD IDEAS. You can always look on you cellphone or as comedian earlier stated. And it isnt even funny such requests are stupid and are only important for a very few ppl.

A lot of fluff requests really are better done with player mods... assuming this can be modded (I always have a real time clock mod in my MMOs, anyway). This falls under that umbrella; there are too many ideas that are "nice to have" with little or no game impact, so the dev team should concentrate on what's really nice to have in relation to gameplay and actual content.

For example, a game time clock is important to the game itself since we can't expect the player to just know that, for immersion reasons. I don't necessarily mean a numerical representation per se, though, since BG had the visual day/night cycling button that was neat.

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

^This really goes into the Gameplay & Mechanics though but I like it. You could have a sun dial ;)

I agree about it being trivial and not very important at all (the game clock) but if it's something that could be implemented just as trivially (I think, the clock just reflects your computer time so it should be an easy code/script. As for an interface for it *shrug*).

Perhaps a console command would be simpler? Nvm, it's a petty request just wanted to throw it out there :)

Most people have an alternative time source available, so I don't see this happening. But I think there are apps you can get that will overlay the clock in full screen mode.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I want to be immersed and find out "Hell, its 4AM already?"

I would be protected from such with an ingame clock... and that's no good... ;)

• Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I would be protected from such with an ingame clock... and that's no good... ;)

"While your characters do not need to eat or drink, please remember that YOU DO. We do not want to lose any dedicated players!"

*sigh* ah, nostalgia.

• Like 1
Is nomine vacans liberarit vobis ex servitut.

Is nomine vacans redit vobis ars magica.

Ditto. ;)

Altho, I've had games with in-game, real-time clocks, turned them on ... and still found myself going "crap, the sun is coming up...." - because most of the time, I just forget they're there/don't look in the corner to notice those little numbers. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Should PE be provided with a button to call someone from Obsidian to walk your dog while you play or do your groceries to?

Do this people think before they post or are they incapable of it?

There's no need to attack the poster. If you don't like the question, just walk away.

A clock would be nice.

There should at least be a game time clock.

For total immersion in a medieval setting? Hmm... wouldn't you just look at the position of the Sun in the sky? Maybe there's a magical clock of some type?

It would be trivial to code, but it's less a matter of programming implementation and more a matter of UI design. Sure, it can just be tiny numbers in the corner, but those are still tiny numbers that take up some amount of screen real estate--however slight--that are not related to the actual game in any way. This makes for something extra to account for in designing and actually making the art assets for it all for something that doesn't have an impact on the game. If it was telling the game-world time, however, this would be a different story.

Besides, what cell phone doesn't have a clock displayed somewhere when it's locked these days?

• Like 1

If it was telling the game-world time, however, this would be a different story.

If it's a game-world time clock, then I'd agree ... that might be useful/appropriate, at least if there are any quests that require one to do anything around certain hour ("meet me at Sleepy Kitty Inn at midnight").

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, of course there should be an ingame ingame time clock... BG's also had it.

Aside from LC's mention above it's also a good indication of how long day/night might still be, and act accordingly.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Because tabbing in and out is annoying.

I, personally, don't mind it, but some of my games fight with my video card and I first have to alt-enter them into windowed mode in order to switch to the desktop. And, when I put them in windowed mode, it moves some of my interface bars around. THAT is annoying.

I'm not opposed to having an in-game real time clock though. If some people would like one, I'll be happy enough to have one.

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

Because tabbing in and out is annoying.

borderless window mode would be a better solution. (like the source engine games and mass effect 3)

otherwise, if it's hidden. (like a pop-up when hoovering over pause button (if there is one))

There's precedent. Civ 4 had not only an in-game clock that could be turned on, but also an alarm you could set. Same's true of MOO3. Both games where it's easy to spend six hours in a blink of an eye. ;)

Not advocating this, just noting that there's precedent.

Apples and Oranges though...

Or, well, completely different game types.

^

I want an ingame realtime clock. Its a nice way to not play too long into the night. Of course, I could get something to put on my desk, but, no, my desk is already too full of mouse and keyboard and other stuff, that it would just be in the way. I am sure its a simple thing to make it possible to toggle it on and off. And booh to all you haters out there, why do you care enough to post your hate when its such a small thing that some people actually want?