Forton is a Joke!

I mean, who would want to keep such a horribly looking companion?

PE-Forton-700x956.jpg

Make him a young bald female monk if you want to create an original NPC companion but for the love of god take this old peasant away. Thank you.

p.s. Oh, and the slippers.

Edited by Hellfell
  • Like 7

Only boring people get bored

As long as he has an interesting personality and doesn't look like Random NPC #23, I couldn't care less...

• Like 3

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

To a start I was all against Forton, then he grew on me and I'm not sure why. There is wisdom, and concern, in his eyes. He could just be an emotionless master assassin as well *shrug*

EDIT: Resolute.

Edited by Osvir

I posted in the original Update thread containing his concept art that I'm pleased there's an older character.

And in fact, I want him to speak in fables and allegorical riddles. Possibly like a tripped out, partially stoned Yoda.

• Like 10

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

*Knock, knock*

"Who's there?"

"Forton"

"Forton Who?"

"Forton is a lot of weight!"

Maybe you had to be there.

• Like 7

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

One thing is an older badass, another thing is an elderly weaksause. Forton is the later. Har! Just look at his sorry face

Edair looks older as well, but he actually looks older in a 'competent, world weary' way to me. I like having older characters in games, especially as I get older myself, just not ones that look like Forton...

image-162519-full.jpg?1348534324

• Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

You know nothing about the character other than what he looks, and in a concept sketch at that. How can you say anything at all?

You can look at his picture and deduce his stance. Pictures speaks more than a thousand words. If you look at Forton, how do you imagine him being? Let's say... make up a character, personality and appearance, how would Forton and this characters relationship be? What would Forton have to say to you, based on what he looks like in the picture?

EDIT: Thanks Dr. Explosion. Imma go play with Photoshop now <3 (inspired)

Edited by Osvir

It's the hair, isn't it? I agree.

Here's my rendition of a better Forton (feel free to use this for the final game Obsidian)

9h1dV.jpg

Yeah, that's much more better.

Is it just me, or does he look like someone who'd use the phrase "cowabunga, dudes"?

• Like 1

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

I'm ok with Forton. The idea of an elderly yet still hard as nails kung-fu master is cool to me. I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of his concept art but that's just my personal preference in art not because he's 'ugly' or anything like that. I kind of consider him to be the Heihachi of this game he just needs to get that hair sticking straight up rather than leaving it down.

Edit: I guess he'd need a bad ass mustache as well to pull of the Heihachi look.

Edited by Pshaw

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

I posted in the original Update thread containing his concept art that I'm pleased there's an older character.

And in fact, I want him to speak in fables and allegorical riddles. Possibly like a tripped out, partially stoned Yoda.

it isn't possible to get more stoned than Yoda, hell the man is so out of his mind he can't speak sentences in proper order