She's not too butch, it looks great.

Also I find it hilarious that people who were screaming against the removal of the boobplate and rallying for chainmail bikinis in over 50 pages of threads are now posting in here complimenting this art that does not have boobplate and is showing no skin.

My compliments to the artist for converting the non-believers.

• Like 2

I still like boobs and I'm not converted by anything, your smugness.

I like boobs too. Liking armour does not preclude liking boobs. In fact, if anything, I like boobs more, because I want them and their bearer properly protected on the battlefield.

Also you folks going from disliking to liking a non-boobplate version = conversion in my book.

Edited by Joukehainen
  • Like 2

We can always count on you to decry political correctness for some reason and make up ridiculous portmanteaus, Monte.

Blah blah blah, however you genuinely get five (well-deserved) points for using the word Portmanteaus. :biggrin:

I will always seek to puncture the po-faced puffery of the White Knights when I see it. As much as I enjoy calling out bigots and the ignorant.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Also you folks going from disliking to liking a non-boobplate version = conversion in my book.

It was never about liking or disliking art; it was about the sanctimonious attitude of some people with regards to artistic license and the moral browbeating that they felt was necessary to "correct" gaming.

As an artist, the OP can depict Cadegund in any manner he sees fit, and the merits of his artistic work stand on their own.

Edited by Sykid
  • Like 3

It was never about liking or disliking art; it was about the sanctimonious attitude of some people with regards to artistic license and the moral browbeating that they felt was necessary to "correct" gaming.

As an artist, the OP can depict Cadegund in any manner he sees fit, and the merits of his artistic work stand on their own.

No one did anything of the sort. They simply wanted internal cohesion when it comes to combat gear in relation to class and setting, and everyone was fine with nudity/sexuality in general otherwise.

And I agree OP can and should paint Cadegund or any muse he chooses in any way he sees fit, that's the point of art. I just found it hilarious that the very same people who were raging against the indignity of the change of the boobplate are now super-happy with the change.

PS: It'd be funny if OP felt inspiration strike during this and was busy working on a bikinimail version right now :dancing: haha

Edited by Joukehainen

^ Not as funny as your sanctimony about video games, though, to be fair.

I fink a widdew someone needs to wook up the definition of sanctimonious! Cuz it don't mean this: "internal cohesion when it comes to combat gear in relation to class and setting, and fine with nudity/sexuality in general otherwise."

No one did anything of the sort. They simply wanted internal cohesion when it comes to combat gear in relation to class and setting, and everyone was fine with nudity/sexuality in general otherwise.

And I agree OP can and should paint Cadegund or any muse he chooses in any way he sees fit, that's the point of art. I just found it hilarious that the very same people who were raging against the indignity of the change of the boobplate are now super-happy with the change.

PS: It'd be funny if OP felt inspiration strike during this and was busy working on a bikinimail version right now :dancing: haha

Who's to say those people are super-happy with the change? I think it's more likely that people just didn't care that much then and don't care that much now. "Internal cohesion" has nothing to do with boob-plate, it would function exactly the same as regulate plate armor. if a blacksmith wanted to but boobs on a suit of armor, he would put boobs on a suit of armor, people were complaining because it's ridiculous to demand a change of something so minor for such stupid reasons, not because they cared that much one way or another. so chalk it up as whatever you'd like, the rest of us will be busy not caring.

art is just great, you sir got talent. Actualy I like it much more then concept art and her face is reminding me of someone from movie or game but I cant remember her. I like her though but still femine look. Maybe Johan of Arc?

edit, i know now who is she reminding me:

brienne-foto.jpg

Brienne from game of thrones

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I did a quick edit. Is this a bit better?

Could someone be able to tell me how to edit my posts? I can't seem to figure it out. Do I have to have more posts before I can edit

3D5RL.jpg?2

There is a button next to the "Multiquote" button below your post. There is a time limit though.

Nice job on the hair colour. The jaw and chin are a bit too big IMHO. Or perhaps the cheeks are too straight.

• Like 1

Oh, wow. This is beautiful work, truly well done.

To me, in comparison with the concept art, the only thing that pops out is I believe the area around her cheekbones was a bit fuller/rounder in the concept, and her chin a bit narrower. But she was also slightly smiling in the concept, and that could change the look of the cheeks some...

...regardless, this is very well done. She looks like one heckuva serious fighter! I love it.

Edited by Shaz
  • Like 1

Alright. Petition to get this guy to do PE's portraits.

Seriously though, this art has just turned Cadegund from my least favorite potential companion into my favorite.

• Like 3

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive