I like your fan art a lot better than the concept sketch tbh, I wasn't really feeling her character at first, but I think your picture really helps me to imagine the characters personality. Good job dude.

Compared to the concept art, this picture is a lot more "b**tch you don't wanna mess with"! Honestly, I prefer Cadegund looking a bit more feminine, but I guess we all interpret this stuff differently. Regardless, Staples' rendition is a sight to behold.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Well done to be sure. My only nit picks would be 1: She looks a little bit more butch than the concept art seems to imply. 2: Her concept art made her hair darker? She seemed more like a light red head.... but maybe it is just me.

I think you nailed the redesigned armor. Like a couple of other people mentioned, I imagined her more feminine with redder hair, but I think your image is much more honest. She really looks like a blonde in the party art and as hard as a full plate wearing servant of the faith would be. Really amazing art, Staples!

Edit: Just took a look at your art blog and realized you did your forum portrait too. Crackerjack work!

Edited by Wirdjos

Love it! Gotta say, it looks a lot better on my monitor than it does squeezed down on my phone! :D Still looked good either way!

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Watch out, though, that gently tapered breast plate will get the PC Taleban that camp on the fringes of this forum out in force as it in some way suggests the gender of the wearer :facepalm:

Really? I was about to say "the absence of heavy makeup, nudity, and giant **** floating around is going to bring the teenageboners out of the crowd shouting PC SELLOUT! I CAN*T EVEN TELL IF IT*S A MAN OR A WOMAN!!"

Edited by Joukehainen

Forum is a bit busier today so I reckon this deserves a bump...

Dude can we see your take on Forton, but with sensible hair and no flip-flops?

I second this. Also if you decide to go for Forton, make his face look either like a bit more toughened up or monk-ish? He looks like an average old man that needs 10 pills per day as it is.

Like the art, thanks for sharing!

Like that better than the concept art and more detail makes her a lot more interesting, because the brain starts to work and make up stories of her past, present and future.

And I am sorry but I have to say that now (even though it is nothing about the art here)... Cadegund..... brrrrr... that name still sends the bad kind of shivers down my spine, it reminds me too much of old german names that today are associated with very hairy and manly women like Kunigunde or Brunhilde, but then again the ending -gund means "fight" in old german, so probably my associations are exactly what this name should make me feel, I just hope it is not another man in a females body just because some writers do not know how to write women in fighting scenarios :D

Edited by Rink
  • Like 1

Thank you all so much.

The comments on the butchness are good because I wasn't going for too much of that. It's hard to see when you're looking at a piece for so long. I'm thinking its the jaw line and the lips. What does everyone else think?

The hair shouldn't be too much of an issue to fix.

I would love to do another and Forton does seem the weakest design out of the lot.

Thank you all so much.

The comments on the butchness are good because I wasn't going for too much of that. It's hard to see when you're looking at a piece for so long. I'm thinking its the jaw line and the lips. What does everyone else think?

The hair shouldn't be too much of an issue to fix.

I would love to do another and Forton does seem the weakest design out of the lot.

Your painting looks great! Thanks for sharing it with us.

To me, your version of Cadegung looks a lot like Katee Sackhoff. That's not a bad thing, albeit it makes her not look very girlish. ;)

Edited by Calmar
  • Like 1

@OP:

Honestly, I don't think she looks any more butch in your rendition than she does in the dungeon piece by Kieran Yanner. She does have more of a jaw line in the original concept art piece, though, so that might be the way to go if you want to change it (although I actually like how she looks in your version; you've got her looking like someone you wouldn't want to mess with--a real warrior-priestess).

Anyway, great job! I hope you do more of these concept pieces. My vote would probably be for a Sagani piece, but it'd be neat to see your take on any of the characters.

• Like 1

Fine, fine work. I cringe when I think of most fan art, but you've hit this one right out of the park. *tips hat* Please feel free to keep posting your work as I'm sure it'll find a grat many fans around here. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/