Staples kudos to you sir, it's great and at least ten times better than the concept art. I particularly like her facial expression and the cut lip. Having said that, in my mind's eye I envisaged her hair to be more flame-red / titian than 'flaxen' but then again that's the great thing about art, you end up making these decisions based on prompts and characters.

Watch out, though, that gently tapered breast plate will get the PC Taleban that camp on the fringes of this forum out in force as it in some way suggests the gender of the wearer :facepalm:

Minor criticism... that ammo pouch looks textureless and too boxy. It needs some love.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Thanks a lot everyone.

Monte Carlo - Really good comments! Looking back at the pic I thin you may be right about the hair. You're totally right about the pouch. It was the last thing I did - no excuse though. Funny you should say that about the breastplate. I saw a version of the concept art here with the breast area very pronounced. The Obsidian guys didn't change it did they?

Thanks a lot everyone.

Monte Carlo - Really good comments! Looking back at the pic I thin you may be right about the hair. You're totally right about the pouch. It was the last thing I did - no excuse though. Funny you should say that about the breastplate. I saw a version of the concept art here with the breast area very pronounced. The Obsidian guys didn't change it did they?

They did, and all for the better.

• Like 4

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Thanks a lot everyone.

Yeah I think they did. And amazing artwork bro :) like Rostere I was expecting Fan Art (in an excited way, I love Fan Art)

• Like 1

Hey, early fanart that doesn't suck! Pretty damned good indeed. Do moar!

(damn, I so do wanna do some PE fanart, but somehow life decided I'll be painting for work all the time and won't have a free weekend till Christmas. -_- So, do moar, you rock! :D )

edit: the Deviantart link in your sig does in fact go to your blog.

Edited by Merlkir
  • Like 1

======================================
http://janpospisil.daportfolio.com/ - my portfolio
http://janpospisil.blogspot.cz/ - my blog

That is a great picture in it's own right, and as standards for fanart go, it's absolutely stunning!

Damn, it almost makes me want to get off my own lazy butt and draw something, even though for some reason I'm several years out of practice,

• Like 1

Wow. I mean, err.... wow. You did all that from a concept and the dungeon actiony group pic, huh? :)

Here's another bit of fan art from a little while ago, more on the humor side: http://forums.obsidi...c/60820-fanart/

Edit: Oh, yeah, and as MC commented, I'd expect red in the hair. Very nice as it is, though.

Edited by Ieo
  • Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I think this character is supposed to be blond, the red in the wallpaper is from her soul spell light.

I was thinking of the reddish highlights in her hair on the concept art...

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)