Relationship/Romance Thread IV

Romance  

431 members have voted

1. 1. How do you define Romance in a game?

• Love (Romance)
    • Sex (Ho-mance)
    • Friendship (Bro-mance)
    • No (Go-dance)
    • Other-mance?

I just thought of something. I know theres supposed to be 1 or 2 more NPC's that haven't been revealed yet but so far the only two females are the dwarf and cleric, right? Kinda slim pickings for the M/F and F/F relationships.

*sigh* The Smurfette Principle at work. Hopefully there will be more in the wings.

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

I just thought of something. I know theres supposed to be 1 or 2 more NPC's that haven't been revealed yet but so far the only two females are the dwarf and cleric, right? Kinda slim pickings for the M/F and F/F relationships.

I think someone from Obsidian said that characters that they have revealed aren't necessary companions, but only important characters in the world. But eight companions don't offer very much choice overall. 

What comes to ration of male and female companions, I think that we will probably see 50/50 ration (4 males and 4 females).

I did not know that. So conceivably, we may not have seen any of the party companions yet. Mind = blown.

Secoundly i think that we encounter not only companions during game. So whats the difrence between having romance with npc that is companion or npc that is not ?

I think that having a romance with not companion npc that is important to a story for example "princess of foreign kingdom" or "Woman Archmage that maneges mages gulid" etc .. is not to bad ..

Secondly if they inpum a part when your love is "kidnaped" by bad guys when she is non companion npc you don't get -1 companion but if she is you will have at some time less one companion ..

Secoundly i wish that not only main evil and companion npc will be significant to a storyline/plot so ...

I kinda like that idea... not that I'm in to that sort of thing

But a friend of mine, lets call him SandyShade, enjoyed the little side romance subplot for the Imperial Agent with Watcher 2 in SWTOR

I hear you. NotGfted1 screwed everything that didn't get out of my his way fast enough in that game.

• Like 1

They could always toss in a blue, fictional race that appears female but is actually genderless...

Oh, wait. This isn't Bioware. 8)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Is this still going? Bloody hell.

Calling it now: PE will have homosexual romances only and they will all be torturous greek tragedies that end horrifically. I have spoken and so shall it be.

• Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

They could always toss in a blue, fictional race that appears female but is actually genderless...

Oh, wait. This isn't Bioware. 8)

Yeah i also think that asari was one of the worst biowere writhing.

But i think that they wanted to make an alien nynph or driad (and magical woman race that atact people) but in the end we get an anlien that can be impregnated by "thinking" or "mental conaction" ... with is ... dumpest and most unlogicat think i ever heard...

I really don't think they were all that bad, what with their lore and all. It's just a little funny how you could kinda see a Bioware meeting, with someone saying "Yeah, man! That's like TWICE the romance options with HALF the work! 8D," followed by high fives all around.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I really don't think they were all that bad, what with their lore and all. It's just a little funny how you could kinda see a Bioware meeting, with someone saying "Yeah, man! That's like TWICE the romance options with HALF the work! 8D," followed by high fives all around.

Yeah but for someone that knows a little about biology its dump...

I whoud not say anything if it where a "magical" world but in mass efect is more like "highly advanced technology etc" .. in nature it whoud be more possible for a "genderless" species to inpragnete it's self at will ...with no reqire of other parter becouse genderless speciec are genderless for some reason ... and they are not genderless and looking like human females (with octopuss crossover) and evoluve 10000000 years only for a day when first human ...enter them ....(or other alien species) ....

For example if Asari where the same but look like Wrex ... Wrex whoud be happy ... not sheaperd .... then why their looking human-like ... ? Only for female/male shepard to have sex twith one if he desire ...

He is even better then Norris ... entire alien race evoluve only for one of them to become his mating parter and he dirtoys the reapers ... holly ****t !!!

ME3ChuckNorrisBG.jpg

Edited by Ulquiorra

We will just have to agree to disagree. I think Romance/Sex should and can be implemented without too much effort. I am talking about either a DA or BG2 Romance/Sex so you don't need to show movies like in DA. Another reason I want Romance/Sex is that I always imagine and try to identify with my characters and there trials and tribulations. A journey where you have to save the world, meet people who are prepared to die for you and you are attracted to but somehow you can't date them or have sex with them would be a journey that is lacking something. Something normal and evocative. So that's why I want Romance\Sex in PE

Ah, but what makes you think that there will be some party member you're attracted to? :biggrin:

I mean, I get that you push for sexy women with stripperific outfits in the game every time the topic arises because that's what you like, but so far, the art style hasn't gone in that direction. Imagine that all female characters in your party were in that style. Imagine that they were as attractive as Cadegund or Sagani, which you haven't shown much interest for. Even worse, imagine that the women of the party are of the more bestial races, like orlan or aumaua (or some sort of deformed Godlike). Would you be okay with that? Just curious to know :)

We will just have to agree to disagree. I think Romance/Sex should and can be implemented without too much effort. I am talking about either a DA or BG2 Romance/Sex so you don't need to show movies like in DA. Another reason I want Romance/Sex is that I always imagine and try to identify with my characters and there trials and tribulations. A journey where you have to save the world, meet people who are prepared to die for you and you are attracted to but somehow you can't date them or have sex with them would be a journey that is lacking something. Something normal and evocative. So that's why I want Romance\Sex in PE

Ah, but what makes you think that there will be some party member you're attracted to? :biggrin:

I mean, I get that you push for sexy women with stripperific outfits in the game every time the topic arises because that's what you like, but so far, the art style hasn't gone in that direction. Imagine that all female characters in your party were in that style. Imagine that they were as attractive as Cadegund or Sagani, which you haven't shown much interest for. Even worse, imagine that the women of the party are of the more bestial races, like orlan or aumaua (or some sort of deformed Godlike). Would you be okay with that? Just curious to know :)

You are 100% correct, if all the females were like Cadegund or bestial races I would be disappointed because mentally I would battle to make the mental connection that my characters would be attracted to them. Don't get me wrong I want a variety of females characters. I just think an Isabela type person can only enhance the game?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I really don't think sex is an important part of a romance; if anything, sex often harms romances and causes them to be perceived as shallow. Contrast Bioware's romances -which are often full of flirting and promiscuity- to the romances in Final Fantasy games, which are anything but. I don't know about anyone else, but I prefer the latter by far.

If it is absolutely necessary to include sex for whatever reason, I think it should be done off screen and, at most, hinted at or implied.

Edited by Fashion Mage

Be fashionable or be dead.

Not to put too fine a point on it, BruceVC, but do you only make connections to female NPC's with your peen?

No, all members of my party must be useful in combat and add value during the quest. But this is a thread about Romance\Sex so that is what I thought we were discussing?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just think an Isabela type person can only enhance the game?

Certainly not if she doesn't make sense within the setting and its values, or if she's weaker as a character than the others, being thrown in there for the sake of it.

Well I think that is obvious isn't it? Surly for a character to be memorable and to be part of your party you would have think they are appropriate to your gaming experience

Ladies like Fall-From-Grace, Viconia and Isabela were all valuable additions to the party and also worth Romancing or trying to Romance

John Milton 

Well, we let it run a while, but I think it's time to close this one for length. Love may never end, but forum threads eventually do.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts