Petition  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Obsidian, we don't want a lame happy ending like the kind you see in all the terrible RPGs recently; give us a more unique (and preferably more depressing) ending.

• I sign this petition. Give us a sad ending, or I withdraw my backing!
    • I sign this petition. Give us a cliffhanger, or I withdraw my backing!

I most emphatically do not choose either the first asinine option or the second, only moderately less satisfying option. If I want to experience disappointment and aggravation, I'll turn on the TV news or read my weekly newspaper. A cliffhanger that holds forth a significant, uplifting promise that we are "turning the tide" wouldn't be too bad, but anything less is simply unacceptable.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

I'm not sure Obsidian believes in happy endings. Mask of the Betrayer made me so mad I wanted to reach through the screen and slap Kelemvor in his ugly self-righteous FACE.

There is a happy ending, you need to be Chaotic Evil to achieve it. Best trolling eva ^________^

Let's give credit where credit's due, the end of Dragon Age was interesting and different, giving you a wrap-up of all the different quests you did (big and small) and allowing you to die in a blaze of glory and be remembered yadda yadda. That was good.

Something like that, structurally, without Bio histrionics and fan-fic level writing would be fine by me.

And then Bio had to go ahead and ruin it with the DA2 and, more recently, abhorrent ME3 endings where you simply could not walk away happy, neener, neener, artistic integrity.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

why this **** is still around?

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

I refuse to vote in this poll due to lack of options. I don't want a static ending at all. I want several endings, sort of like the end of MotB. Some good, some bad, some happy, and some sad. I want the choices I make to be reflected in the ending I receive.

• Like 3

"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift

What would be particularly interesting is if the ending was a huge cliffhanger, thereby also creating incentive to buy a possible sequel.

This is what all games should strive for. Finality and completeness are so mainstream!

Rip out the final page of the script and sell it as DLC, that will be revolutionary and forever make Obsidian the Gods of Game Developers for all gamers. :)

• Like 1

Batman: [intimidate] "Let her go".

Joker: [Failure] "Very poor choice of words."

What would be particularly interesting is if the ending was a huge cliffhanger, thereby also creating incentive to buy a possible sequel.

This is what all games should strive for. Finality and completeness are so mainstream!

Rip out the final page of the script and sell it as DLC, that will be revolutionary and forever make Obsidian the Gods of Game Developers for all gamers. :)

That's exactly what I mean! I'm glad someone understands.

this poll is bad and you should feel bad

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I refuse to vote in this poll due to lack of options. I don't want a static ending at all. I want several endings, sort of like the end of MotB. Some good, some bad, some happy, and some sad. I want the choices I make to be reflected in the ending I receive.

This.

OP can play Mass Effect 3 if he wants only depressing endings.

Edited by Kane_Severance

This.

Plus he always has the option to play in heavy traffic(I know just the spot too)....that ending ought to be pleasing by his expectations I think.

1zq6793.jpg

I like being happy. I rather dislike being depressed. Being happy just is better than being depressed. So why in the nine hells would I want a depressing ending?

The ending doesn't have to be all hug hug, president makes a speech and fireworks light up the sky with trumpets blowing in the background, but in general I would really rather have a happy ending.

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.

I didn't vote.

I want a "WTF!?" ending. The good kind. The one that makes my jaw drop. Doesn't matter if it is random, happy, sad, romantic, terrorizing, weird... just make it good, usually I feel that something that was revealed to you early game and have had you wondering the entire game wtf it is being revealed somehow is a great method. Full Metal Alchemist had a great ending (Manga). Icewind Dale had a good ending... Final Fantasy VI. Tales of Destiny... uhm.. haven't finished PS:T, IWD2 or BG2 so I can't say anything about them (I reckon PS:T and BG2 has great endings as people are commending them for great stories, and IWD2 having a not as profoundly great one)...

I've said in a post before, don't get me stuck with the Last Boss and I don't have a way to defeat him. In Icewind Dale I hadn't prepared well enough, I guess... couldn't defeat the last boss, couldn't go back or leave the final dungeon. I liked that I couldn't leave but it was frustrating that I couldn't defeat the last boss. The game was a breeze, heck the last boss was a breeze too, I stood and chopped at him for 30-40 minutes, half that time he was down at "Almost Dead" and I was out of spells, items and weapons to damage him. He was pretty much immune to my damage and I was pretty much immune to his.

I tried re-loading an earlier save (right before the boss) and run around the final dungeon in search for anything that could damage him (I tried looking for items, potions, scrolls/spells, a vendor etc. etc.). I don't recall finding anything so I said "F- it" and watched a "Let's Play" of it. Could've reloaded an even earlier save too but I didn't want to re-play everything.

This.

?? The Synthesis ending was pretty happy.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself! Apart from pain... and maybe humiliation. And obviously death and failure. But apart from fear, pain, humiliation, failure, the unknown and death, we have nothing to fear but fear itself!"

This.

?? The Synthesis ending was pretty happy.

You still feel depressed after getting it.

A sad ending can be good, a happy ending can be good, an ambiguous ending may be done well. A non-ending cliffhanger is not satisfying. Just my presences cause the poll was limited to two severely limiting choices.

Because the poll maker was only interested in responses that agree with his own ideas not in defining what people in general may think.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

A sad ending can be good, a happy ending can be good, an ambiguous ending may be done well. A non-ending cliffhanger is not satisfying. Just my presences cause the poll was limited to two severely limiting choices.

Because the poll maker was only interested in responses that agree with his own ideas not in defining what people in general may think.

Because the knicker-knotted commenter is only interested in polls that conform with his own ideas regarding what a poll should be, not in entertaining the notion that it may in fact be a petition.

Edited by mcmanusaur

I want multiple endings.

And I don't just mean the typical "happy ending" and "you're the new villain" endings.

I want the shades of grey. Variations on ending types.

So you could have the "save the world ending" with...

You survive with your love interest and live happily ever after.

You survive but your love dies.

You die but your love survives.

You both die and your party avenges you.

You save the world but large areas are still destroyed.

You save the world but a new enemy runs off with uber powered artifact to threaten it again later.

Etc.

On the flip side, the "bad" endings could have...

You steal the bad guy's power and become the new big bad. (with or without your romance at your side).

You lose, world ends.

You destroy the bad guy's super weapon but don't defeat him (the world has to still struggle with a massive war).

You sign up under the bad guy.

You try to help the bad guy and are killed by some other hero.

etc...

Multiple endings giving additional replay value are my preference - there simply are not enough choices in this poll for me to vote.

And threatening to take away backing if you don't get your way is something that I'm extremely sad to see.

I don't expect to be happy about every game choice made by the Devs - I hope that I will love the game, but I am fully prepared that I may not. I would hope that they will consider our opinions, but if they ultimately choose to take the game in a direction I might not be happy with that is their perogative.

I gave Obsidian my money so that they could fund their dream, not mine.

• Like 1

I'd honestly like a range of endings, and give the player the ability to mess things up.

However, if you don't want a pure "sunshine and lollypops" type ending, I don't have any issue with a bittersweet one, eg. a pyrrhic victory. I'd even quite happily take a "best" ending where you trade the threat of one evil today for a different evil later, but I'd rather not end on a complete downer as that kind of runs counter to the heroic fantasy genre.

Because the knicker-knotted commenter is only interested in polls that conform with his own ideas regarding what a poll should be, not in entertaining the notion that it may in fact be a petition.

Because poll != petition - petitions do not come with a choice of options - if there are multiple options they should be handled with multiple petitions becuase signing up for one option != signing up for the other - :no:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...