About to start AP

I seem to travel between hubs. At least if I want an as stealthy as possible run.

Talk to Heck in Taipei and do the first triad mission. Go to Moscow, talk to Grigori and do the train yard. Do the NSA listening post in Rome. Return to Taipei and do the warehouse while being good at stealth. Finish Taipei, finish Moscow then do Rome.

That's my "best" order of doing stuff so far.

I tended to switch between hubs, learning intel for each and meeting up with the various factions, before actually completing any one hub.

Those are good tips. I think I'll do the same. I am close to finishing Rome so I'll head off to Russia and Taiwan now

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Make sure to pick up all the dossiers on the various characters/factions. It really gives much needed insight into each individual that you wouldn't know had you just talked to them.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Okay some news, I have worked out how to use Grenades properly

I finished Rome but

I chose to save Madison and she ran off without even a thank you kiss, did this happen to you guys as well?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

How close did you get to her? In the play throughs where I saved her, I also romanced her. She still left, but if I recall properly I believe she left a "I have to do this" letter for me explaining it. She didn't just up and vanish.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

How close did you get to her? In the play throughs where I saved her, I also romanced her. She still left, but if I recall properly I believe she left a "I have to do this" letter for me explaining it. She didn't just up and vanish.

Okay

Okay she did leave a Dear John letter but nothing ever happened romantically, there was part in the game where she was sleeping and I left her to sleep. So I got a Gentleman perk, what would have happened if I went to check on her? But the game is awesome. I am addicted to it, I keep thinking about it at work and can't wait to get home :)

John Milton 

It's been a while since I did the romance with her (didn't in my latest play through), so I forget the "steps". But the part you mention is, I think, either one of the first steps or the actual opportunity to romance her.

It's been a while since I did the romance with her (didn't in my latest play through), so I forget the "steps". But the part you mention is, I think, either one of the first steps or the actual opportunity to romance her.

Okay, I thought so, Thanks for the feedback :)

John Milton 

Yes, if you go talk to her there, you can romance her. Which of course does not stop you from romncing the other ladies as well (and you get a perk for romancing all of them :p ).

I found the Museum decission to be really annoying. It is not an easy one to make and will make you feel bad either way.

Myself I did gadget orientation last night and am planning to run Mina's weapon course tonight. Trying to get a perfect score in all evaluations.

God am I not looking forward to Parker's bonus mission :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yes, if you go talk to her there, you can romance her. Which of course does not stop you from romncing the other ladies as well (and you get a perk for romancing all of them :p ).

I found the Museum decission to be really annoying. It is not an easy one to make and will make you feel bad either way.

Myself I did gadget orientation last night and am planning to run Mina's weapon course tonight. Trying to get a perfect score in all evaluations.

God am I not looking forward to Parker's bonus mission :)

Thx, some good insight there :)

John Milton 

Question: did you kill Marburg?

No, in Rome he ran away when he was close to death so I am looking forward to reuniting with him. He is an arrogant bastard :)

John Milton 

What you don't realize is ... MARBURG IS YOUR FATHER!

Just kidding.

Or am I?

That cracked me up..good one :lol:

John Milton 

Glad to read other people are enjoying this game. I barely ever replay games and I'm on my 3rd playthrough with this one. Part of it is while a lot of stuff happens, it's paced as such that I don't feel like I have to repeat some lengthy segment I have to get through to get to the meat of what I want to enjoy, part is just seeing how people react differently when I try different responses or reactions. Last game was super stealth and mostly Professional stance, so this time I'm trying to go aggressive, and fighting wise as blasty as I can get (I WILL make the shotgun actually a useful weapon, I WILL, dammit!) and being ridiculous with the collateral damage and seeing what happens.

I thoroughly enjoy missions where SIE is my handler. Only Heck even comes close to providing the same level of entertainment value over communications.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I thoroughly enjoy missions where SIE is my handler. Only Heck even comes close to providing the same level of entertainment value over communications.

Good to hear. The internet is full of SIE-haters. Though it seems to be the same group of people who are angry that Sis isn't a romance option...

Must be an age thing.

I think I am getting too old for the internet.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Good to hear. The internet is full of SIE-haters. Though it seems to be the same group of people who are angry that Sis isn't a romance option...

Must be an age thing.

I think I am getting too old for the internet.

SIE is hands down my favorite character in Alpha Protocol, so you are not alone. And you can't get too old for the Internet (sadly, I'm sure a lot of people who want to "romance" Sis are not themselves young people...).

• Like 1

SIE is hands down my favorite character in Alpha Protocol, so you are not alone. And you can't get too old for the Internet (sadly, I'm sure a lot of people who want to "romance" Sis are not themselves young people...).

SIE is also my favorite character in the game. She is easily the most interesting of the 4 possible romances and the most interesting character not named Steven Heck.

I loved the playthrough of Alpha Protocol I just finished a couple days ago so much I considered jumping right back in and playing the game again immediately. Instead I opted to play some other games for a while then I'll jump back into Alpha Protocol likely sometime early next year. Next time I play I'm going Recruit and I'm going to be a complete a-hole to everybody and always take the slimy/shady/greedy way out of every dilemma.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

SIE is also my favorite character in the game. She is easily the most interesting of the 4 possible romances and the most interesting character not named Steven Heck.

I'll agree with you and put my views on the other romances in the spoiler tag ;)

Scarlet I just don't *feel*. The whole interaction with Scarlet lacks that something which makes that step further feel natural. It's more a "...and then they had sex". You could say that while she shadows Thorton she develops a crush on him, but she still is a hired assassin, not a person who just develops a crush.

Mina... well she is the obvious romance. Nothing interesting about that relationship: good guy and good girl beat the bad guys and drive off into the sunset together. It's not bad, but its also not going to be the memorable thing.

Madison makes me feel guilty. I can't help but feel as if Thorton was taking a bit too much advantage of her if they sleep together.

SIE is different. If nothing else, she is the only woman who'll take what she wants and not wait for a man to ask her to the prom

• Like 1

I hear you Melkathi...

Scarlet -- it just feels like she and Mike are using each other for various things; there's not even much lust there let alone other passion (at least with the dialogue options I tried). I agree with the "and then they had sex" vibe. It's like, "hey, I'm prolly gonna die, wanna do it before I go?" and that's about it. In the game I "romanced" her I also let Mina take her out at the end, and seeing her get shot made me get happier than anything Scarlet and I did together, and that's just messed up. And before I ever knew about who she really was, I never trusted her and never understood why I should want to talk to her, save to use her for her media contacts. I mean, on a base level, she's hot, but that's not enough for me to be interested without a discernible, consistent personality to match.

Madison seems actually too naive for the role she plays, and it makes it hard for me to like her. I get she needs to be the shy and less confident one with the other archetypes around, but when you think about her background, it doesn't make any sense. And your relationship goes so fast you feel like you're only just getting to know her by the time she exits your life, one way or the other. I also hate that you have to bang her to unlock her dossier secret fact, so then I just feel like I'm following that storyline for mechanical purposes rather than wanting to get to know the character because the character is compelling.

Mina is bland as a romance partner and she is SO jealous and clingy, it's very annoying. I have no interest in romancing someone who's that insecure about where she stands with herself and you. I love hearing SIE ignore Mina's barbs and shoot back far better ones. Mina is a great ally if you play it that way, but I actually enjoy her much more as a friend than as a lover.

SIE's confidence is absolutely refreshing after Mina's insecurity and Madison's uncertainty and shyness, and her brazen attitude and forthrightness is a joy after dealing with Scarlet's alternating between being an ice queen and banter. She's also smart and witty, and you know without a shadow of a doubt she can take care of herself. Also, the accent's hot. ;)

Edited by DeathQuaker
  • Like 1

Hi All

I was working this weekend so I didn't play AP that much

Anyway I am at the last stretch, I have had some surprises in the game, but I'll include those for discussion in my summary at the end :)

John Milton 

Hi All

Okay I have just finished AP, and I loved it. I didn't think I could enjoy a non-fantasy RPG as much as I enjoyed AP. I highly recommend it to other lovers of RPG. My game points are:

• I can't believe Scarlet was an assassin, she was hot and I liked her. I felt betrayed so I executed her
  • I never even met Sie, how do you meet her
  • I enjoyed killing Darcy. The arrogant bastard
  • I executed both Westridge and Leland. They both had it coming
  • I romanced Scarlet and Mina

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

About Sie, there's a mission in Moscow called investigate shipments, where you meet her and her crew fighting against some other group. It might depend on what order you did the missions, or when you arrived in Moscow.