274 members have voted

1. 1. Lan Support?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Borderlands-like server system.

As stated before, P:E was described as not starting with multiplayer support, so that's that. I just wanted to talk about my multiplayer IE experience.

I only have one. It was me and a friend, both of whom loved and had completed several IE games. Neither of us were about to write a strategy guide, but we were both fairly capable. At the time I had a duel pc setup, so I said: 'Hey, let's play a multiplayer IWD2, that'd be awesome!'

So we spent some time creating 3 characters each, making a bit of a blind party to keep things interesting, and we ended up with a decent if unoptimized group, and hit play.

First encounter with more than 3 goblins, and we were massacred. In the very first area. No HoF mode, pause was enabled, and we had what seemed like a reasonable plan of attack. We uninstalled the game after that.

So that was my LAN IE experience.

I went on to become a mediocre mmo player.

I can accept that P/E is not going to have LAN support, (doesn't mean I'm happy), but really the quality of the posts from the LAN haters is getting ridiculous. 

It is impossible for me to believe that 2 players who claim to be capable, would experience your difficulties.  On the other hand it is very easy for me to believe that 2 players without a clue could get wiped in an early Goblin encounter.  The only part of your post that made any sense is your confession of being a mediocre mmo player - that I have no problem in believing.

"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing that is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I can accept that P/E is not going to have LAN support, (doesn't mean I'm happy), but really the quality of the posts from the LAN haters is getting ridiculous. 

It is impossible for me to believe that 2 players who claim to be capable, would experience your difficulties.  On the other hand it is very easy for me to believe that 2 players without a clue could get wiped in an early Goblin encounter.  The only part of your post that made any sense is your confession of being a mediocre mmo player - that I have no problem in believing.

I wasn't LAN hating, I was just relaying an amusing gaming anecdote regarding LAN versions of an IE game, in a humble way.

Hope the sand-removing surgery goes well.

Although, as a further to my two above posts, I recently started playing Icewind Dale 2 again, and I'm slightly confused because the area in which the massacre happened doesn't appear to exist! I had it pegged as the bottom of Targos where some Goblin archers are under a ledge (basically, fog of war issues and indecision over whether the cleric should be tanking or healing a critically hit mage was what I recalled killing us).

So er...hmm. I'm getting very mixed up on some level.