I pledged for one version of Project Eternity via kickstarter. But I have a laptop and a pc.

On my PC only linux is used, since its for work and I don't like the MS OS. But for travel I use my laptop. Which works with Linux for the working, but the GPU is not supported but the closed source driver properly (blackscreen).

Can I have a linux and a windows version of Project Eternity when I pledge once? Or must I pledge 2 times for 2 versions?

That probably depends on which version of game you take.

If you take Steam version you will get it to Windows, Linux and Mac OS (utility feature)

If you take GoG version you will get it at least for Windows and Mac OS (utility feature)

Other distribution version there is not yet information (except that you can use physical copy as DRM-free or include licence from it to your Steam account).

You don't need use steam for linux, there will be drm free version to linux, but obsidian don't yet know what service they will use to distribute it.

So if they go with some linux only service with linux's drm free version then you probably will not get windows and mac version at same time.

But if for example GOG will expand on linux too then you will get drm-free version for all platform in same time.

• Like 1

I pledged for one version of Project Eternity via kickstarter. But I have a laptop and a pc.

On my PC only linux is used, since its for work and I don't like the MS OS. But for travel I use my laptop. Which works with Linux for the working, but the GPU is not supported but the closed source driver properly (blackscreen).

Can I have a linux and a windows version of Project Eternity when I pledge once? Or must I pledge 2 times for 2 versions?

I'm hoping so because I'm in the same boat.

Wait I have to use steam for the linux version oO? Linux and DRM? This is like a holiday in Guantanmo (one good and one really bad thing, which just don't work together).

as far as i know obsidians haven't declared (because i think they don't even know yet) how the linux version will be distributed.

gog version is confirmed though, and i'd be very surprised if they weren't supporting linux by 2014.

if you take your copy on steam, it will be available on both linux and windows. i dont know if gog will support linux by then, but if you have chosen the retail pack, it will contain all 3 versions as is the norm in these cases

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.