PE MMO  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Project Eternity MMO?

• Yes, sounds awesome. I can't wait to throw my money at Obsidian!
    • No, I don't like the sound of that at all, but I'd probably buy it anyway.

• 2 months later...

Where is the "No, I don't like the sound of that at all and would not buy it" option?  I have played WoW and will play TES Online so it's not that I hate MMOs. I'd just like to see Obsidian stable and secure with their own IP. They don't need to be chasing will o' the wisps.

I see where you're coming from, but I'm afraid that- as the poll demonstrates- a Project Eternity MMO would not just be the will of the wisp, but the will of the wider playerbase.

MMORPGs are in general inferior to CRPGs.

The storytelling and how your actions affect the game world are tackled differently. Just take SWTOR for example. The story is great. But reality is harsh. You'll soon find yourself spacebarring through dialogues. The difficulty level varies a lot. In a game like PE you control a whole party and the devs can balance the difficulty along this line. In an MMO you'll have to comtemplate solo, small group and raid groups. Let's be honest. Most solo content lacks anything remotely challenging. I could go on an on.

What matters most in an MMO is the gameplay. Customizing your build. Customizing your gear. The question is: Will the game mechanics of PE be fit for adaptation or will a great overhaul be required. Besides there is currently so much competition on the MMO market. Do we really need yet another f2p?

With this in mind it's safer to not make it an MMO.

• Like 1

There are enough MMORPG's already to begin with, or to compete with. MMORPG's simply lack all the goodies you have in a typical cRPG. All that counts is to do things quicker, faster, stronger, be uber and better than other players, farm, ninja loot items and foul language. There's no fun in that, and the lore is merely visible somewhere far away in the background. Besides, come on... another Waste of Timecraft?

PS. To the thread author: seriously, is that all you can do?

1.  Yes, sounds awesome. I can't wait to throw my money at Obsidian!
  2.  No, I don't like the sound of that at all, but I'd probably buy it anyway.

I choose No. 3, "No, I don't like the sound of that at all, and I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole"

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...