PE MMO  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Project Eternity MMO?

• Yes, sounds awesome. I can't wait to throw my money at Obsidian!
    • No, I don't like the sound of that at all, but I'd probably buy it anyway.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf-is-this-shit-240x180.jpg

Who normally sane would EVER post such a topic here ? WTF ?! And what is wrong with this stupid poll ? There are only 2 options which actually say one thing...

1.YES

2.NO but YES

WTF ?!

I play mmos alot but I would never be such an idiot to post it here were the dreams of thousands players is made.THE RETURN OF THE CLASSIC RPGS and u post such garbage right here under our noses ?! WE GOT TONS OF MMOS why would you that ?

WHY_WOULD_YOU_POST.gif

I hope someone of the MODS will shut this stupid topic down. THIS IS OFFENDING.

Yeah I'm of the dear god no camp on this one. Fallouts MMO looks to be bloody awful and I doubt will ever see the light of day same can be said for elder scrolls. Problem being they tried to make the WOWlike in those setting instead of making them Fallout/TES but with thousands of people.

But given some of your other threads I'm pretty sure this is being asked just for the reaction. So congratulations.

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

Obvious troll is obvious...

A previous post of mine on the subject of "wouldn't it be awesome if my game became MMO"

An Elder Scrolls MMO that's an actual Elder Scrolls game' date=' but massively multiplayer (as opposed to the reskinned generic MMO they're making) would be fantastic.[/quote']

Until you realise UBERIMPERIAL bonny hopping all around, SEXXXRKHAJID dancing all over with a nude mod, people killing all NPC's you try to talk to, and a Daedra shrine is overpopulated with campers waiting for Daedra to reload.

Then you'll be back to your singleplayer Skyrim in no time...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yes, you're just trolling.

I get what you're saying, but here I think the evidence suggests otherwise... why would people spend more money on MMO's than any other kind of game if not for superior quality? Not to mention the fact that everyone that has responded to the poll has indicated that they are likely to buy a PE MMO.

And I'm speaking as someone who's playing an MMO. You (and the opponents, really :p) don't seem to understand the main draws of MMOs: Social play in a persistent world. That's it. It's a particularly strong addiction. And as someone with 6-7 years of experience in MMOs, I can attest from personal experience and much observation that regardless of how players lose interest over time, the final reason why people continue to subscribe is social interaction. I remained subbed on one MMO for a full year after losing interest in gameplay just to maintain ties with some people, and I still regularly communicate with a couple despite having quit four years ago.

There's nothing innately superior or inferior about an MMORPG--it is a completely different category of game compared to a narrative-drive SP CRPG. It's comparing puppies to pineapples.

As for SP -> MMO, why yes, SWTOR did awfully well in slaughtering the KotOR franchise and company stock, huh.

Stupid poll, stupid thread, stupid idea.

Honest, I played SWTOR Solo and it was most fun (just following the main story). Very well written in my opinion, and very fun. I think that a game like P:E would work in Multiplayer, but not in MMO. For the sense of this thread why people don't want MMO's: If SWTOR had been single-player focused (which would have changed the entire outlook of areas, level designs, no monster respawns) with a Multiplayer mode, it might even have been applauded and nerd shrieked about.

WoW with Lightsabers is what I think I said when I started playing it (I was one of the first, among many many others of course, I had been waiting and anticipating it). I don't like World of Warcraft one bit. The only thing that kept me in SWTOR that I enjoyed was following nothing but the Main Story and "closing my eyes" when running through areas where everyone was grinding or running mindlessly on their quests.

Edited by Osvir

If SWTOR had been single-player focused (which would have changed the entire outlook of areas, level designs, no monster respawns) with a Multiplayer mode, it might even have been applauded and nerd shrieked about.

Because we all just loved ME3 for it's MP.

Oh, wait, no, it seriously drained down the game...

:/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Let's be serious; all the good RPG series (The Old Republic, Elder Scrolls, etc.) these days are being made into fancy, newfangled MMO's. It practically goes without saying that the MMORPG model is proven to offer the benefit of a greater social gaming experience with absolutely no costs with regard to narrative depth, mechanics, graphics, or any other measure of quality, so what's there to lose? Should Project Eternity be next?

Er, hate to burst your bubble but the MMO is the biggest risk venture in game development. By 2010 they cost on average between 50 and 100 million USD to develop and that figure is still climbing. And TOR was not newfangled and certainly not fancy. :p

And there is a lot to lose, you should never design an mmo the way you design a single player game, least of all a deep single-player RPG, and just slap multiplayer onto it. That's one of the reasons why TOR tanked.

• Like 1

If SWTOR had been single-player focused (which would have changed the entire outlook of areas, level designs, no monster respawns) with a Multiplayer mode, it might even have been applauded and nerd shrieked about.

Because we all just loved ME3 for it's MP.

Oh, wait, no, it seriously drained down the game...

:/

I didn't play Mass Effect 3 MP at all, only single-player (and I enjoyed it a lot, all up to the point of the ending which came very awkwardly and suddenly imo). From what I've heard though, some enjoyed it for a bit, some didn't enjoy it at all. The little I know about it sounds more like it was some sort of "Mass Effect meets Gears of War"-Multiplayer.

I just seriously believe that The Old Repblic would've been a better game if it had been single player focused. The first couple of characters I made got lost in side-quests and I even forgot what the "Main Quest" was. Finally I decided to "f- it" and only play the main story provided to the class (Sith Marauder). It was instantaneously a better experience, so in my personal opinion (When I played "Single Player" in SWTOR), I enjoyed it much more.

I don't know, guys... It's not that these harsh accusations aren't enough to make me rethink my core essence as a person, but there are obviously five people who would like to see a PE MMO, and I don't think that you should hate on me for giving this minority a voice. The poll options were simply meant as a sincere reassurance to Obsidian that we will support them in whatever they do, but I understand if some people are uncomfortable with that notion. Even more, the unfortunate reality of the gaming industry is such that it is the follow-up to a highly critically acclaimed title that makes the most money- the same goes for the music industry. Like it or not, I'm confronting real and difficult issues here, and while you may not appreciate the occasionally tongue-and-cheek nature of my presentation that shouldn't take away from the legitimacy of the issues. Now, I suppose I can tolerate some ad hominem attacks along the way in people voicing their obviously strong opinions on this matter, but I do ask that you keep that to a minimum. Thank you.

At any rate, I am positive that the members of this community would rather discuss matters such as this than hold discourse over concrete issues like game mechanics (as my mostly ignored thread on character traits and statistics indicates). I'm simply trying to do my best to give you all interesting but ultimately inconsequential things to talk about so that the risk of having to actually confront relevant things like lore or game mechanics is minimized.

Edited by mcmanusaur
  • Like 1

The poll options were simply meant as a sincere reassurance to Obsidian that we will support them in whatever they do, but I understand if some people are uncomfortable with that notion. [...] Now, I suppose I can tolerate some ad hominem attacks along the way in people voicing their obviously strong opinions on this matter, but I do ask that you keep that to a minimum. Thank you.

Well if you ad option like:

Where's the "I would never, even under pain of death, touch the proposed MMO, even with a 10ft pole!" option?

You may be not accused of being troll (if you really ain't one).

And my personal opinnion is: this

"Go where the others have gone, to the tenebrous limit

for the golden fleece of void, your ultimate prize

go upright among those who are on their knees

among those turning their backs on and those fallen to dust"

Zbigniew Herbert, Message of Mr. Cogito

You know perfectly well that P:E is about making a game that is no longer accepted by the publishers because it doesn't make the most money. Turning it into a money grabbing MMO is counter to this idea. :closed:

But is the community truly loyal to such ideals? My poll results indicate that in fact over 10% over the community are MMO-loving money-throwers, and I think this is something people should be concerned about. What if they bring along their MMO-loving friends, and all of a sudden we're outnumbered?

I mean, I understand that some people are upset about the poll options, but how else would I have drawn the MMO-lovers out of the woodwork beside giving them a little encouragement? If I hadn't done that, they'd have simply caved into peer pressure, and gone undetected!

Edited by mcmanusaur

No.

It isn't like Obsidian will make PE into an MMO anyways. Between the costs and hostile reaction from the backers of the original PE, it isn't a feasible option, not to mention quite a few MMOs crash and burn(SWTOR anyone?).

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I don't know, guys... It's not that these harsh accusations aren't enough to make me rethink my core essence as a person, but there are obviously five people who would like to see a PE MMO, and I don't think that you should hate on me for giving this minority a voice. The poll options were simply meant as a sincere reassurance to Obsidian that we will support them in whatever they do, but I understand if some people are uncomfortable with that notion. Even more, the unfortunate reality of the gaming industry is such that it is the follow-up to a highly critically acclaimed title that makes the most money- the same goes for the music industry. Like it or not, I'm confronting real and difficult issues here, and while you may not appreciate the occasionally tongue-and-cheek nature of my presentation that shouldn't take away from the legitimacy of the issues. Now, I suppose I can tolerate some ad hominem attacks along the way in people voicing their obviously strong opinions on this matter, but I do ask that you keep that to a minimum. Thank you.

At any rate, I am positive that the members of this community would rather discuss matters such as this than hold discourse over concrete issues like game mechanics (as my mostly ignored thread on character traits and statistics indicates). I'm simply trying to do my best to give you all interesting but ultimately inconsequential things to talk about so that the risk of having to actually confront relevant things like lore or game mechanics is minimized.

You were able to play the prophet and the martyr cards at the same time. Well done.

Hey, all I'm saying is that perhaps you should be looking at each other instead of gawking at me, as there's clearly a significant portion of this community that favors the MMO path, and I merely brought this to everyone's attention. All I can do now is recommend that we take caution; evidently no less than 10% among you are subversive MMO-lovers, and it scares me.

Edited by mcmanusaur

P:E with Multiplayer support? Yes that would be awesome but.. (look at Ieo's signature on page 1). The Adventurer's Hall would be an awesome Multiplayer Hub as well, where I could employ a character that someone else has made. Could the Adventurer's Hall be a sort of "Online Hub" (Not Multiplayer, per say)) and easily Upload/Download Characters?

P:E with MMO? No. I've had enough of grindfesting and enough of entering an area on my epic quest and seeing 400'ish players running around, derping, breaking the immersion that my party is the schpecial one.

Edited by Osvir