PE MMO  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Project Eternity MMO?

• Yes, sounds awesome. I can't wait to throw my money at Obsidian!
    • No, I don't like the sound of that at all, but I'd probably buy it anyway.

Let's be serious; all the good RPG series (The Old Republic, Elder Scrolls, etc.) these days are being made into fancy, newfangled MMO's. It practically goes without saying that the MMORPG model is proven to offer the benefit of a greater social gaming experience with absolutely no costs with regard to narrative depth, mechanics, graphics, or any other measure of quality, so what's there to lose? Should Project Eternity be next?

Let's get the ip established and make a good first game to start aye? We can worry about making a grindy game with more than likely subpar gameplay after the hopeful financial success of the first release. Example of how not to go about making an MMO - 38 Studios Kingdom of Aumalur.

I get what you're saying, but here I think the evidence suggests otherwise... why would people spend more money on MMO's than any other kind of game if not for superior quality? Not to mention the fact that everyone that has responded to the poll has indicated that they are likely to buy a PE MMO.

Edited by mcmanusaur

NO, GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcmanusaur, your trolling attempts are now crystal clear!!

Edited by Marceror
  • Like 16

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

MMOs are the dawnfall of classic RPGs.... :geek:

Dawnfall? What's that supposed to mean? Are you for it or against it? ;)

Thanks for the new word, though. It makes my brain cringe.

Hehe, real bad typo......

dawnfall = downfall

So my opinion should be clearly visible now.... ;)

• Like 1
35167v4.jpg

I bet the folks over at The Elder Scrolls forums would have had the same reaction, called me a troll if I suggested that there might eventually be an MMO... but look what happened.

I bet the folks over at The Elder Scrolls forums would have had the same reaction, called me a troll if I suggested that there might eventually be an MMO... but look what happened.

Dude, I hate to say this but you are so transparent as a troller that it's not even funny. Just look at the dumb arse options you give in your poll:

1. Yes, sounds awesome. I can't wait to throw my money at Obsidian!

2. No, I don't like the sound of that at all, but I'd probably buy it anyway.

Obvious troll fails to include an option for players who are against an MMO release and would never buy it, which is the option that is true for the vast majority of PE fans! Obvious troll is obvious. Obvious troll demonstrates severe troll failure.

This thread should be closed, post haste!

Edited by Marceror
  • Like 7

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Yes, you're just trolling.

I get what you're saying, but here I think the evidence suggests otherwise... why would people spend more money on MMO's than any other kind of game if not for superior quality? Not to mention the fact that everyone that has responded to the poll has indicated that they are likely to buy a PE MMO.

And I'm speaking as someone who's playing an MMO. You (and the opponents, really :p) don't seem to understand the main draws of MMOs: Social play in a persistent world. That's it. It's a particularly strong addiction. And as someone with 6-7 years of experience in MMOs, I can attest from personal experience and much observation that regardless of how players lose interest over time, the final reason why people continue to subscribe is social interaction. I remained subbed on one MMO for a full year after losing interest in gameplay just to maintain ties with some people, and I still regularly communicate with a couple despite having quit four years ago.

There's nothing innately superior or inferior about an MMORPG--it is a completely different category of game compared to a narrative-drive SP CRPG. It's comparing puppies to pineapples.

As for SP -> MMO, why yes, SWTOR did awfully well in slaughtering the KotOR franchise and company stock, huh.

Stupid poll, stupid thread, stupid idea.

Edited by Ieo
  • Like 2

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

:devil::alienani: :alienani: :alienani: :alienani: / :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

1/5, too soon after the fat thread.

Waiting a while leads to a bigger impact and it won't be so obvious.

Don't give up.

Edited by Jasede

Not to mention the fact that everyone that has responded to the poll has indicated that they are likely to buy a PE MMO.

Why don't you add a third option to the poll and see what happens? Something like "No, no, no, HELL NO!".

I tend to think that making an MMO model of any good IP is bad mojo (Skyrim Online, anyone?).

In what way is The Elder Scrolls Online (it's not called Skyrim Online) bad mojo? It hasn't been released and very little information about it is available, so I'd love to know how you've managed to make that judgement.

Unless, of course, you're referring to the third party mod, Skyrim Online.

Edited by HorseFD

It must be the weekend.

As to the idea of PE being a MMO... no, and no. I like single-player games and I want more single player games, not less. :disguise:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts