If a Dragon Army arrived..

You run. Fast.

2583694-reign_of_fire_dragons_l.jpg

Unless, of course, you wish to tame one, like an Ichra (in the meaning of getting one)

Obtaining a Dragon:

I would love for Dragon anatomy, where it moves more slithery and combined with some birdlike features. I feel that dragons have been clunky and big lately, but lesser and smaller dragons (and even medium sized dragons) could even be fast and very mobile.

1317840513m_SPLASH.jpg

I'd tut.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

If dragons are in the game, even if it is just a solo dragon, I would like to meet different ones. Some more slender, smaller, more, climbing on walls in dungeons and generally more difficult to handle than the big "enduring" huge dragon.

Will flying beasts be apparent? A big bird~ Beholders would be awesome :D but I'm thinking of "out of camera" mechanics. Will I be able to shoot a volley of arrows into the fog of war? Will there be enemies where a gun might reach but a sword does not? Could the Rogue and Fighter have a combo attack for hitting "out of reach" targets? (Fighter tosses, acts as stool, for the Rogue to be able to jump up and swiftly slash his daggers. A difficult task someone in Plate Mail couldn't handle).

Exaggerated but I think it might get my point across. Epic battles :D

https://www.youtube....h?v=Bm1aOFoG2hw

EDIT:

Err, discussion on "Should Dragons be in or not?"

Edited by Osvir

I think they should have Linnorm, great wingless serpents with eyes that spellbind the weak of mind and poison like fire in their jaws. Their mailed hides should turn blades like the stoutest iron, and their voices contain the terrible wisdom of too much knowledge, gained over centuries stewing in their own pits of greed and hate.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm sorry but if I were Allfather Odin and I saw such things being made under my name i'd send Thor to smite the makers about the heads and shoulders with Mjolnir, that's horrible. Sorry not a fan of the japanese comic thing, is it Animu/Minga?

• Like 2

Tea for the teapot!

I'm sorry but if I were Allfather Odin and I saw such things being made under my name i'd send Thor to smite the makers about the heads and shoulders with Mjolnir, that's horrible. Sorry not a fan of the japanese comic thing, is it Animu/Minga?

Did you try Odin Sphere? It is one of the most vivid, mature, dark stories out there. Extremely artistically beautiful in its story and just profoundly breathe taking (intrigue, personal loss, going into the underworld because you died or traveled there through Magic (there are several different characters you can play as, one is a Rabbit with a sword and he is badass) and you are getting to a point where you are jumping over enemies to just get more story. I started craving story, which says lots about the gameplay (repetetive, super fun to a start but, yes too much of a "same thing"-different story after a while. Don't get me wrong, if you jump past a couple of levels you're in trouble, Odin Sphere is hardcore in difficulty).

Edited by Osvir

I'm afraid that I couldn't play something that looked like that, too childish in concept (that's not meant to be insultive, I just find that art style extremely unappealing) sorry. Most jrpg's i've played i've found to be quite adolescent and simplified, certainly not as nuanced or subtle as say Dead Money or Njal's Saga, they seem to prioritise style over substance.

Only my opinion however, may be wrong.

• Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

I'm afraid that I couldn't play something that looked like that, too childish in concept (that's not meant to be insultive, I just find that art style extremely unappealing) sorry. Most jrpg's i've played i've found to be quite adolescent and simplified, certainly not as nuanced or subtle as say Dead Money or Njal's Saga, they seem to prioritise style over substance.

Only my opinion however, may be wrong.

I respect that :) Taste is taste and I am very biased about Odin Sphere, seldom do you find such an excellent presentation of a story that well like Odin Sphere does it though, in my opinion.

To quote the wikipedia page though:

"Dragons are one of the lesser races of Erion, but at one point they were one of the strongest and wisest races in the land. They used to reside atop Winterhorn Ridge. By the time the story begins, only three Dragons are left alive, and later on another one is born. Dragons are incredibly resilient to hamr and can only be hurt by Psyphers."

Notable Dragons

"Belial was the kindhearted Dragon who was enslaved by the evil sorcerer Beldor. He is fought sevreral times, as he is being controlled by Beldor's magic. However, when not enslaved, he is rather passive, showing no desire to engage in combat"

"Wagner was the king of the Dragons and one of the most feared beings in Erion. He i short tempered, stubborn, and, rather rude for a king. He was also known as King of the Skies. This name is almost as fitting as his official title; Wagner is the only Dragon aside Leventhan whose wings are large enough to support flight. Wagner appears to be a wyvern, which is appropriate, as the wyvern is known to be vicious (much akin to the personality of the Dragon King) and noble (referencing the royal lineage that Wagner comes from)."

"Hindel was the all knowing Dragon who foretold the end of Erion. His future-seeing abilities compelled many to climb Winterhorn Ridge in order to question him, but many of his prophecies were misunderstood, leading him to stop gazing into the future. Hindel, who seems to be against fighting, is the only dragon in the game who does not serve as a boss."

Leaving the fourth one out because it's kind of spoilery (it kind of already is). My point is if there are dragons I hope there's lots of wise old age depth wisdom and an interwoven plot. The Witch of the Wilds in Dragon Age 2 opening sequence is pretty badass and a badass personality indeed.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

Must be the language barrier? ...

What I mean to say is that Dragons should be feared and so should other Mythical creatures be. If a village is getting attacked by an army or a hoard of monsters (or bandits), are you going to go all Dynasty Warrior on them or will you encounter events in P:E which "forces" you to run for your own mortal safety?

Second picture, I'm flirting with the possibility to being besieged by a dragon and tame it (It just won't be an easy game, just like obtaining an Ichran from the movie Avatar).

Finally, if Dragons are in the game, will they be mobile (fast) or keep the "Giant Ostrich" trend? Awesome Dragon, still, but I remember much of the End Boss in Dragon Age: Origins having it more so "peck" on my party more than ripping them apart like it should've (it was a rather easy fight).

Edited by Osvir

well.. how about..

no dragons at all?

and some other, strong, mystical and deep creatures, instead?

totally lore-based, too

just for a change?

I.. agree to agree :) but if no other mythical creature is thought up, or finds a good use (Turtles are pretty cool though in many many ways :D) Dragons are a very fitting ideal. It would be cool with something completely new.

I am personally more interested in the personal aspects of an old wise creature such a Dragon being present in P:E somehow ("Leviathan" in Mass Effect 3 hints to be their "Dragons"). Whether it is a Dragon or not.

If there are going to be dragons or some other sort of wise, ageless, powerfull creatures in PE, I personally would prefer they were fairly alien and unapproachable. I don't want to tame one, I just want to be humbled and awed by their knowledge and power in the game, rather than have them be just other bosses. In fact, I'd prefer I didn't, or couldn't realistically, fight them at all.

• Like 2

If there are going to be dragons or some other sort of wise, ageless, powerfull creatures in PE, I personally would prefer they were fairly alien and unapproachable. I don't want to tame one, I just want to be humbled and awed by their knowledge and power in the game, rather than have them be just other bosses. In fact, I'd prefer I didn't, or couldn't realistically, fight them at all.

I like this a lot :D we all know there are going to be Gods who meddle in what the P:E world does, Deity's will most likely obstruct our ways and toy with our character from time to time I imagine. 1 Dragon/Ancient Creature = as a Deity?

With the question of Gods, will there be Demi-Gods?

I like this a lot :D we all know there are going to be Gods who meddle in what the P:E world does, Deity's will most likely obstruct our ways and toy with our character from time to time I imagine. 1 Dragon/Ancient Creature = as a Deity?

With the question of Gods, will there be Demi-Gods?

Heck, maybe said dragon/ancient creature can be in servitude of a diety, even against its will. The hand, sword, or voice of a god, so to speak.

• Like 1

What I recall from reading D&D books was that some dragons are highly intelligent. We sadly do not get to see this side in games, I'd like to be able to negotiate with a dragon. They can still be bosses, but with more than the standard long drawn out battle to deal with them.

• Like 2

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239

Project Eternity does not need to be Skyrim, image-heavy OP.

Project Eternity is isometric, try looking back at the pictures in my original post and imagine it from an isometric view <3

We are lucky that P:E is isometric, this means that creatures, enemies and everything that opposes us can use much more ground to move and be more versatile and flexible (have more mobility). A Giant Anaconda could slither diagonally into us from the south whilst another is coming diagonally from the north. A Monkey Beast could perhaps harass us, jump in quickly and attack us only to dodge/leap a step backwards.

In Skyrim this mechanic (having more "living" enemies and monsters) is more of a difficulty because you've got control of your character from a "First Person" view.

What I recall from reading D&D books was that some dragons are highly intelligent. We sadly do not get to see this side in games, I'd like to be able to negotiate with a dragon. They can still be bosses, but with more than the standard long drawn out battle to deal with them.

Endorsing Odin Sphere for PS2 (again), like I did in my earlier posts, if you want some of that action :D I have never seen Dragons being better handled than in Odin Sphere.

Edited by Osvir

Project Eternity does not need to be Skyrim, image-heavy OP.

Project Eternity is isometric, try looking back at the pictures in my original post and imagine it from an isometric view <3

We are lucky that P:E is isometric, this means that creatures, enemies and everything that opposes us can use much more ground to move and be more versatile and flexible (have more mobility). A Giant Anaconda could slither diagonally into us from the south whilst another is coming diagonally from the north. A Monkey Beast could perhaps harass us, jump in quickly and attack us only to dodge/leap a step backwards.

In Skyrim this mechanic (having more "living" enemies and monsters) is more of a difficulty because you've got control of your character from a "First Person" view.

Endorsing Odin Sphere for PS2 (again), like I did in my earlier posts, if you want some of that action :D I have never seen Dragons being better handled than in Odin Sphere.

Sadly I do not own a PS2.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239

Why, with a heavy heart I'd romance their leader and transcend and avert their desires for war through our undying cross-species love. It will be a beacon for both of our species: love is possible even among two so different species that once were adversaries.

Edited by Jasede
  • Like 1

Why, with a heavy heart I'd romance their leader and transcend and avert their desires for war through our undying cross-species love. It will be a beacon for both of our species: love is possible even among two so different species that once were adversaries.

Jasede! The ultimate friend that ultimately always thinks about friendship and is the friendliest friend! Hi! :)

Nice sarcasm! If you wish to continue this thing in a social and civilized mature communicative manner that I'm playing with here, please send me a Private Message. Let's be friends.

Also thanks for this one, I lol'd.

Jasede Arcane Joined: Jan 4, 2005 Posts: 12,836 Oct 9, 2012StatsIgnoring #5434Reply

Somewhat related, the poster known as "Osvir" on the Obsidian forums needs to die. I'm the nicest friendly friend I know and that person is making me want to throw up with every post he writes. Nobody on the Codex manages that.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1